Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297393 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

On the morning news channel 11, Jillian Barbare (whatever her last name is now), was talking about her little girl liking to dance to this one particular song (something really dumb can't remember the song).

She did a interpretation of how she dances, and said she dances "just like Axl Rose." Jillian was fully doing the serpent Axl dance. Thought it was cool.

... I also had the thought that for having a kid not too long ago she was looking damn fine. Total milf. She is maybe wearing too much makeup on her face, probably hiding the age but, I would have so much fun with her. Howard Stern and Axl fan? A chick earns a point just for that. 2 if she plays videogames.
... 3 if she too is a geek. Remember this you single dudes out there. Megan Fox is a total geek. Fine looking ladies and geeks are not mutually exclusive.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »

On Criminal Minds, the killer just said to the profiler guy that got knocked unconscious when they crashed through the window ... Wake up (Derrek) ... Time to die.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:50:07 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #402 on: March 19, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »

Last Wednesday, on the Leader challenger, Better was played in the Brazilian Big Brother, BBB, that is the program with most audience in all South America.
Sweet Child O' Mine, Kocking On Heavens Doors and If The World were also played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mytS3HCuxiE&eurl=http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/smf/index&feature=player_embedded
Better starts at 3:25.
Better and Knocking On Heavens Doors had just some parts played, but If The World and Sweet Child O' Mine were whole played.

Sorry if I had any English mistake, and I probablye had  :rolleyes:
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #403 on: March 19, 2009, 04:26:59 PM »

I don't understand a word in the crip but good stuff. ok

why does my heart palpitate whenever I hear better. love
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #404 on: March 19, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »

That would be a Blade Runner reference first and foremost.

As regards the Married with Children episode, I seem to recall Bud sold Kelly a pair of sunglasses that would enable her to see a shirtless Axl.  There was another episode in which Al participated in some type of Live Aid gig.  IIRC, he dressed up like a rocker and dubbed himself Axl Bundy.

Ellen Degeneres had a sitcom called Ellen that once had an episode titled 'Guns N' Ellen'.

GN'R once was the answer to a Wheel of Fortune puzzle.

They had an Axl + Slash skit on a Fox show called The Newz.  It starred Jennifer Aniston as a groupie.  She and another groupie stowed away in one of the band's gear crates. 
GNRFAN20
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2009, 08:27:49 PM »

Guns get a lot of love out in South America.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

On Criminal Minds, the killer just said to the profiler guy that got knocked unconscious when they crashed through the window ... Wake up (Derrek) ... Time to die.

Oops. Embarrassed  I never saw that movie.

Well maybe this Criminal Minds' killer was doing his cover of Axl's cover of that movie quote!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #407 on: March 20, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »

Well maybe this Criminal Minds' killer was doing his cover of Axl's cover of that movie quote!!!  Grin

I bought Blade Runner on blu ray early last year. I'd never seen it before but I loved it. I got to that "Wake up. Time to die" part and I was like "OH COOL! THAT'S WHERE HE GOT IT FROM!"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Annie
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2009, 07:37:57 PM »

They did a feature on the news tonight about a taxi driver in Charlotte, North Carolina who has a karaoke cab. One of the songs they showed him singing was SCOM. It looked like alot of fun.
Annie
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »

I was watching my fav show GOSSIP GIRL tonight and Serena walked in on her mother making a list of all the people she had slept with to share with her boyfriend. It was quite an extensive list, as Lily had been quite wild in the 80's and 90's. Serena made a face, and said "SLASH? SERIOUSLY?' Lily just smirked, yes.  When Lily showed the abridged list to Rufus, there was Slash's name. I thought it was funny that the only person Serena found to be repulsive on the List was Slash. hihi
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:39 AM »

lol.  No worries.  I thought of Axl at that moment, too.  Smiley

Axl was mentioned on another Ellen episode called 'Ellen Unplugged' in which Ellen and her friends go to a rock n' roll camp.  One of the characters quoted an Axl recommendation for a hotel.  It was a glowing review for the best hotel he had ever been thrown out of.   
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »

Maybe the black dude who gave axl the idea was referring to Blade Runner.
sandman83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »

Don't know if already mentioned, but in the movie GONE BABY GONE with Casey Affleck and Morgan Freeman, there is a seen in a bar where the Lies version of Your Crazy plays.  Pretty cool and it got my attention pretty fast.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

I was watching my fav show GOSSIP GIRL tonight and Serena walked in on her mother making a list of all the people she had slept with to share with her boyfriend. It was quite an extensive list, as Lily had been quite wild in the 80's and 90's. Serena made a face, and said "SLASH? SERIOUSLY?' Lily just smirked, yes.  When Lily showed the abridged list to Rufus, there was Slash's name. I thought it was funny that the only person Serena found to be repulsive on the List was Slash. hihi

lol, i just saw that ahah

Chinese Democracy!
Annie
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2009, 09:29:14 AM »

lol, i just saw that ahah
It takes so little to make me happy. hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2009, 08:46:06 PM »

In Skins tonight Cook's Dad said, "I'm Guns N' Roses love, I've got an Appetite for Destruction". Cool
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #416 on: March 27, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

In Skins tonight Cook's Dad said, "I'm Guns N' Roses love, I've got an Appetite for Destruction".

Dam, i was gonna post this. lol

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #417 on: March 28, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »

So my wife loves watching gymnastics and cheerleading stuff and records it constantly.  On Friday, BYU TV was showing BYU vs. Utah gymnastics, and I'll be damned if the music for their opening montage wasn't "Right Next Door to Hell."  Ironic, being a Mormon station and all.

Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong board.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
mendoza
Opening Act

« Reply #418 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:51 AM »

check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gUjFGvOGgM&feature=PlayList&p=AA91DC58D313BD8F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14

Also during the the "Death of Superman"Racket in the early 90's in Superman #74 there is a kid drawn like axl. He even mentions "axl rose and the band" in a sarcastic manner.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2009, 05:06:29 AM »

As regards the Married with Children episode, I seem to recall Bud sold Kelly a pair of sunglasses that would enable her to see a shirtless Axl.  There was another episode in which Al participated in some type of Live Aid gig.  IIRC, he dressed up like a rocker and dubbed himself Axl Bundy.

Ellen Degeneres had a sitcom called Ellen that once had an episode titled 'Guns N' Ellen'.

GN'R once was the answer to a Wheel of Fortune puzzle.

They had an Axl + Slash skit on a Fox show called The Newz.  It starred Jennifer Aniston as a groupie.  She and another groupie stowed away in one of the band's gear crates. 

Yea....that MWC stuff is starting to come back....about a shirtless Axl. The sunglasses part sounds right.

However, the Axl Bundy stuff, was, he was gonna fly stand-by to Hawaii with his family, decided he wanted in first class and faked being a rocker. He said he was Axl Bundy from "Socks N' Shoes" or maybe Shoes N' Socks, I forget what exactly it was.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: