Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297431 times)
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

On CNN's No Bias, No Bull, Roland Martin just busted out 'Sweet Child' as a lead in to the Madonna baby adoption story.

Just thought it was cool. I don't know if I've heard GnR played as an intro on CNN before...lol

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:23 PM »

Two obscure GNR finds...on radio, the conservative talk radio show, The Michael Medved Show, used You Could be Mine and Paradise City as separate lead-ins from commercial.
and on tv, while watching an old British sit-com called Waiting for God, a nerdy guy trying to be a bad boy to impress some chick, rode up on a motorcycle, yes, wearing the Guns N' Roses t-shirt that had the big skull on the front.  I saw that the show was filmed in 1994.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #422 on: April 12, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »

I accidentally flicked the TV to "BBC Three" a few days ago and witnessed someone giving a speech wearing a "Gn'R" T-shirt on;

"Young Mums Mansion: Here Come The Dads"...;- Trashy TV at it's worst  yes
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2009, 03:19:17 AM »

I took my girlfriend to see "17 again" in the cinema.  Its the new Zach Efron movie.  There was some quote like "I remember her with her Guns n Roses Tshirt on" when he was talking about a hot girl. was a few days ago so its not fresh in my mind, sorry!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2009, 05:17:55 AM »

I accidentally flicked the TV to "BBC Three" a few days ago and witnessed someone giving a speech wearing a "Gn'R" T-shirt on;

"Young Mums Mansion: Here Come The Dads"...;- Trashy TV at it's worst  yes
Im glad  u said accidently

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »

Completely random weird one:

Commercial for those "Beaches resorts" vacations came on TV....and about 1/2 way through there was a girl wearing a baby blue Guns n Roses shirt...the old Skull with top hat logo.

I caught it quick while watching and had to rewind the commercial on our DVR to make sure I'd really seen what I thougt I'd seen.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »

On a recent 20-20 Special on Keith Urban, they reviewed his ideal play list. Keith Urban's play list included "Welcome to the Jungle." He said something about liking to play the song ballad-style on his piano.
Annie
« Reply #427 on: April 17, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »

This isn't exactly a TV reference, but there is a Broadway musical called Rock of Ages about the hair metal bands of the 80's.The show's writer Chris D'Arienzo said that the music of the era reminded him of "guys wanting to kick my ass." But he quickly realized that APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION is a great album,"even thought I was pushed into a locker while it was playing.  There are no GNR songs in the musical, but the article is in the May 2009 edition of SPIN magazine right next to the Duff McCagan article. You never know how GNR can inspire a person to create more great art! hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »

Leites at last nights UFC came out to Welcome to the Jungle.

A few minutes ago on the TNA Lockdown preview show a video package for a match had Brother Ray saying "Axl Rose once said, your in the jungle, your going to die" and that was him summing up things for his opponents being in PhillyCheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #429 on: April 20, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »

That was cool last night on the wrestling PPV

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NegZero
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #430 on: April 20, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »

TSN (Canadian ESPN) just emailed me with a new contest, one of the prizes is a chance to see GNR play live.  Looking even better for a tour.. Smiley http://images.tsn.ca/images/e/email/2009/04/16/Motorcycle/2.jpg
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »

Tonight on "My Name Is Earl"

The brother is a real retard kinda guy and he was sending letters to the owner of the crab Shack complaining.

iOn one he had a list of people who signed his petition and 2 of them were Axl Rose and Buckethead. he is really dumb though so he spelled it Axall Rose

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

WTTJ is played twice in the movie, Selena. 
Annie
« Reply #433 on: May 02, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

Tonight on "My Name Is Earl"

The brother is a real retard kinda guy and he was sending letters to the owner of the crab Shack complaining.

iOn one he had a list of people who signed his petition and 2 of them were Axl Rose and Buckethead. he is really dumb though so he spelled it Axall Rose
Just watched it on hulu. Thanks for posting!
WTTJ is played twice in the movie, Selena. 
I remember that.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #434 on: May 02, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »

Ok so this isn't too random but not many people will know! This morning I had a meeting at my work place , Best Buy. We watch this district mandated videos that are kinda cheesy/funny and help promote the upcoming work season. Anyways they have a little dog kinda like the one that used to make fun of all the celebs , his name escapes me. Anyways the video opens up and this girl is like SO! Are you guys ready to the biggest news to come to Best Buy! and the dog comes out of no where with a copy of CD in his hand and is like " Guns N' Roses , FLOPS! So much for partnering with Axl!" I guess Best Buy is ticked at their revenue from the album so they placed a little satire in their video. Stupid , but funny none the less.
Annie
« Reply #435 on: May 03, 2009, 11:50:48 AM »

Ok so this isn't too random but not many people will know! This morning I had a meeting at my work place , Best Buy. We watch this district mandated videos that are kinda cheesy/funny and help promote the upcoming work season. Anyways they have a little dog kinda like the one that used to make fun of all the celebs , his name escapes me. Anyways the video opens up and this girl is like SO! Are you guys ready to the biggest news to come to Best Buy! and the dog comes out of no where with a copy of CD in his hand and is like " Guns N' Roses , FLOPS! So much for partnering with Axl!" I guess Best Buy is ticked at their revenue from the album so they placed a little satire in their video. Stupid , but funny none the less.
That was mean. On a brighter note, I fell asleep with the TV on last night, and I woke up at 3AM with WTTJ playing on a Nascar commercial.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #436 on: May 03, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »

I noticed there were a lot of people who worked at Best Buy or knew someone who worked at Best Buy were posting here prior to and soon after the albums release, but haven't said much of late.  Could just be coincidental, I had the feeling though that Best Buy couldn't be happy with how it all worked out.  Especially if things pick up after the exclusivity ends.

Obviously things could've been handled much differently and better on both sides.  Unfortunately though I think this deal was doomed for Best Buy from the start, due to the major economic dowturn.  Even if the promo, marketing was amped up 1000% I'm not sure they would've done as well as they imagined.  In a way, they could be just using GNR as an excuse.  There were many factors.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #437 on: May 03, 2009, 07:41:32 PM »

on Jeapordy they asked What is the common element between these 3 clues:

your car

Beverly Hills Cop

Guns N Roses

the answer of course is Axl.   Smiley
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »

Did they get it right?

Someone on Jeopardy is a big fan, because they sneak in a GN'R question every now and again.
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2009, 10:27:46 PM »

Did they get it right?

Someone on Jeopardy is a big fan, because they sneak in a GN'R question every now and again.

yeah, it was answered correctly. axl may stay out of the public eye as long as he wants but he is not forgotten.   
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: