Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297396 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #500 on: October 03, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »

I think Juliet Lewis has a GN'R poster in her beroom in one of the Vacation movies.
She was in Christmas Vacation, classic movie.  A must see during the holiday season.  "It's a tit bit nipply out".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #501 on: October 04, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »

Just a follow up on my post from yesterday:

CHARACTER BIO

Axl, the oldest son of Frankie and Mike Heck, was conceived during what might be remembered as the Guns 'n' Roses period in the Heck household. He might be a typical teenage jock who eats his mom and dad out of house and home, but do you know many teenage boys who like walking around the house in their underwear? Yeah, neither do we.

Sounds a lot like me  peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #502 on: October 04, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »

Axl Heck was conceived and born during the Use Your Illusions era.

I'm certain the show will shed some light on the parents and their love for Guns N' Roses.

Free promo is the best promo.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #503 on: October 07, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »

On the Coblert Report tonight he was talking about the swine flu vacine and comaped it to Chinese Democracy but then bashed Axl but that's not a supprise it's his job to do that for our entertainment and I laughed

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #504 on: October 07, 2009, 01:16:45 AM »

On the Coblert Report tonight he was talking about the swine flu vacine and comaped it to Chinese Democracy but then bashed Axl but that's not a supprise it's his job to do that for our entertainment and I laughed

What exactly did he say?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #505 on: October 07, 2009, 10:37:39 AM »

Colbert Report:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/251981/october-06-2009/new-swine-flu-vaccine-drops

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »

fuck stephen colbert and all the pricks like him.  he makes himself and his pathetic audience look like a bunch of ignorant jackasses.  anyone with any taste in music can recognize that chinese democracy is one of the -- if not THE -- greatest albums of all time.  it's so complex.  probably too complex for simple minds like colbert and the average comedy central viewer.  they just made themselves look so stupid.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:27 AM »

What exactly was the bashing?

He says the vaccine is anticipated like CD was.
Then jokes that the flu originated from Axl...  Wink

Then he starts talking like you're supposed to if you're "cool", and goes on to say the vaccine isn't cool because kids and old people are getting it!  hihi

Chinese Democracy gets mentioned (and the album artwork displayed)  on national TV and it's not some bullshit negative thing. It could be a lot worse!

Now, where's the conspiracy theorists saying Irving bought that ad?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »

There is even some Japanese reference as well  Cheesy

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #509 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »

Then he starts talking like you're supposed to if you're "cool", and goes on to say the vaccine isn't cool because kids and old people are getting it!  hihi

Chinese Democracy gets mentioned (and the album artwork displayed)  on national TV and it's not some bullshit negative thing. It could be a lot worse!

/jarmo

right... so you think it's "cool" to blame swine flu on axl rose?  to joke about him starting and spreading diseases? 

also, he didn't really say anything nice about the music.  and since we all know the music is great and legendary, that means he went out of his way NOT to say nice things he must have been thinking.  instead, he cracked jokes about axl trying to make the world sick.  sorry if i didn't LOL or ROTFL like you did.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »

right... so you think it's "cool" to blame swine flu on axl rose?  to joke about him starting and spreading diseases? 

Are you serious? Has the concept of humor ever been explained to you?

I would say nine out of ten people who saw that realize it's a joke!

It seems like you're the only one who thinks Axl is actually the origin of swine flu and you got offended!

also, he didn't really say anything nice about the music.  and since we all know the music is great and legendary, that means he went out of his way NOT to say nice things he must have been thinking.  instead, he cracked jokes about axl trying to make the world sick.  sorry if i didn't LOL or ROTFL like you did.

Or maybe you just don't have a sense of humor....

He didn't say anything nice about the music? He didn't mention the music at all!

He was talking about a fucking vaccine.

You really need to pick your battles. There's a lot worse things said about Axl, and some of it are done by so called fans...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »

fuck stephen colbert and all the pricks like him.  he makes himself and his pathetic audience look like a bunch of ignorant jackasses.  anyone with any taste in music can recognize that chinese democracy is one of the -- if not THE -- greatest albums of all time.  it's so complex.  probably too complex for simple minds like colbert and the average comedy central viewer.  they just made themselves look so stupid.

Seriously? Dude, you should get a grip and be happy about this. That's more promotion for CD than I've seen in 7 or 8 months.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »

/jarmo

He's a comedian, it's kinda his job to make jokes.....wow dude.

Axl is God.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

I heard that Axl sneezed on some chick during the Mexican leg of the 2007 tour, and here we are now...

Cover your mouth next time, bro.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »

That Colbert Report bit was actually funny, and cool of him to mention CD.  Free promo never hurts.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:29 PM »

/jarmo

Honestly I love the show and not more than 3 months ago joined his web forum and made a thread about Guns N' Roses being on the show I know it wouldn't happen but I thought at least the guys monitoring the sight might say something and that might have been the case but who knows it might be that he secretly has some taste but only Steven knows  hihi hihi hihi

Would love to see Axl and Steven talk though I think the audience would turn on Steven if they got in a debate about well anything GN'R and beyond hihi hihi hihi

(That audeance is more brainwashed then us GN'R fans rofl)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:28:33 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »

Yeah, I don't think you quite "get" what the show is all about.  It's completely satirical, and I'm betting you may not have a full comprehension of what that means.  The other "pricks," as you refer, are often the ones who Stephen Colbert is mocking; but I suppose that went a little over your head. 

Anyway, pretty cool, would love to see Axl sit down with Colbert for a few minutes to just shoot the shit.  Colbert is a pretty clever guy; so is Axl - it would be interesting.  A PR move like this would be awesome, something cooler than say a stint on Conan or Letterman where viewers really don't care that much about the music act. 

Thanks for the post,

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #517 on: October 08, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »

/jarmo

He's a comedian, it's kinda his job to make jokes.....wow dude.

yeah, well as far as i'm concerned, he's just a punk in the press who likes to start shit by printing lies and starting controversy.  axl didn't start the swine flu.  i'm not sure how saying he did equates to a joke -- or at least not one worth laughing at.  guess his amazing brand of comedy just goes over my head.

hey, here's a joke... what has two arms, two legs and a giant asshole face?  stephen colbert.  he started the swine flu. 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2009, 10:54:19 AM »

yeah, well as far as i'm concerned, he's just a punk in the press who likes to start shit by printing lies and starting controversy.  axl didn't start the swine flu.  i'm not sure how saying he did equates to a joke -- or at least not one worth laughing at.  guess his amazing brand of comedy just goes over my head.

hey, here's a joke... what has two arms, two legs and a giant asshole face?  stephen colbert.  he started the swine flu. 

I love your posts dude!!!

Seriously though, Where is the Axl Rose cult that you attend?  you and your cult friends must be the only people that are allowed to speak of the great one.  hihi

You have some cheek attacking jarmo after he has stood up for you SO many times when you're talking shit.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

I love your posts dude!!!

Seriously though, Where is the Axl Rose cult that you attend?  you and your cult friends must be the only people that are allowed to speak of the great one.  hihi

You have some cheek attacking jarmo after he has stood up for you SO many times when you're talking shit.

dude, i have nothing but the highest respect for jarmo.  in many ways, he's like the tenth member of the band.  so we happen to disagree on whether or not it's cool for this one comic to score a cheap laughs off axl.  we don't have to agree with each other 100% of the time.  i totally look up to jarmo for all he does for the fans and the band, and i'm really grateful for the times he's stood up for me, even though i don't think a fan supporting his favorite band should be considered "talking shit."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: