Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297344 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2009, 12:45:34 PM »

yeah, well as far as i'm concerned, he's just a punk in the press who likes to start shit by printing lies and starting controversy.  axl didn't start the swine flu.  i'm not sure how saying he did equates to a joke -- or at least not one worth laughing at.  guess his amazing brand of comedy just goes over my head.

hey, here's a joke... what has two arms, two legs and a giant asshole face?  stephen colbert.  he started the swine flu. 

I love your posts dude!!!

Seriously though, Where is the Axl Rose cult that you attend?  you and your cult friends must be the only people that are allowed to speak of the great one.  hihi

You have some cheek attacking jarmo after he has stood up for you SO many times when you're talking shit.

dude, i have nothing but the highest respect for jarmo.  in many ways, he's like the tenth member of the band.  so we happen to disagree on whether or not it's cool for this one comic to score a cheap laughs off axl.  we don't have to agree with each other 100% of the time.  i totally look up to jarmo for all he does for the fans and the band, and i'm really grateful for the times he's stood up for me, even though i don't think a fan supporting his favorite band should be considered "talking shit."
it feels like ur kinda like stan in that eminem song, not cool
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »

yeah, well as far as i'm concerned, he's just a punk in the press who likes to start shit by printing lies and starting controversy.  axl didn't start the swine flu.  i'm not sure how saying he did equates to a joke -- or at least not one worth laughing at.  guess his amazing brand of comedy just goes over my head.

hey, here's a joke... what has two arms, two legs and a giant asshole face?  stephen colbert.  he started the swine flu. 

Seriously though, Where is the Axl Rose cult that you attend?  you and your cult friends must be the only people that are allowed to speak of the great one.  hihi

You have some cheek attacking jarmo after he has stood up for you SO many times when you're talking shit.

dude, i have nothing but the highest respect for jarmo.  in many ways, he's like the tenth member of the band.  so we happen to disagree on whether or not it's cool for this one comic to score a cheap laughs off axl.  we don't have to agree with each other 100% of the time.  i totally look up to jarmo for all he does for the fans and the band, and i'm really grateful for the times he's stood up for me, even though i don't think a fan supporting his favorite band should be considered "talking shit."

HAHAHA, that made me go listen to Stan again. I laughed. Hard.

"See everything you say is real, and I respect you cause you tell it
My girlfriend's jealous cause I talk about you 24/7
But she don't know you like I know you Axl, no one does
She don't know what it was like for people like us growin up
You gotta call me man, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose
Sincerely yours, falungong69 -- P.S.
We should be together too"

Axl is God.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while  rofl

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2009, 03:36:26 PM »

"Make sure you understand this is a fan forum! Any personal attacks and/or insults of any kind will result in action from the administrator and/or moderators."

no, i'm not a murderer.  even though i'm a fan of axl rose and think it's shitty when people make fun of him.  and if my few posts make me stan, then what are you saying about jarmo?  he's supported this band waaaaaay more than anyone and is even on the forum way more than me. 
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »

"Make sure you understand this is a fan forum! Any personal attacks and/or insults of any kind will result in action from the administrator and/or moderators."

no, i'm not a murderer.  even though i'm a fan of axl rose and think it's shitty when people make fun of him.  and if my few posts make me stan, then what are you saying about jarmo?  he's supported this band waaaaaay more than anyone and is even on the forum way more than me. 

Again.....I'm pretty sure that Stan comment was a joke. No one thinks your Stan. It will be alright. haha. 

Axl is God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #525 on: October 08, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »

falungong69

the comedian isn't making fun of axl. Who the hell would find it funny any more if he was with the joke.
everyone knows axl didn't create the flu, he isn't even a virologist.
it's a biting satire on some part of the media and its victims that blame axl for anything.
shame that a loyal axl fan like yourself fail to see it.  no
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 09, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »

Jon...

For now, you win 7 internetz, but I look forward to shaking your hand one day.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »

falungong69

the comedian isn't making fun of axl. Who the hell would find it funny any more if he was with the joke.
everyone knows axl didn't create the flu, he isn't even a virologist.
it's a biting satire on some part of the media and its victims that blame axl for anything.
shame that a loyal axl fan like yourself fail to see it.  no

oh please... your'e just making excuses for that comedian because he's famous and trendy and everyone has to pretend to like him.  but your logic falls apart... if he wanted to make fun of the press for the way they constantly demonize axl, then why didn't he say THE PRESS created swine flu and tried to blame it on axl?  okay, i get that.  it's funny.   he could have reprised the rant from 'get in the ring' but making it about members of the press creating swine flu.  to me, that's  joke. 

i fail to see how just saying axl made swine flu to sicken the world is really a joke about how axl didn't create swine flu to sicken the world and instead someone else altogether did, and the whole joke was supposed to be about the press picking on axl.  sorry.  doesn't make much sense.  nice try though.  come again!

stop defending haters, bitches and punks.  is a little respect for a musical genius too much to ask for?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #528 on: October 09, 2009, 11:23:30 AM »

oh please... your'e just making excuses for that comedian because he's famous and trendy and everyone has to pretend to like him.  but your logic falls apart... if he wanted to make fun of the press for the way they constantly demonize axl, then why didn't he say THE PRESS created swine flu and tried to blame it on axl?  okay, i get that.  it's funny.   he could have reprised the rant from 'get in the ring' but making it about members of the press creating swine flu.  to me, that's  joke. 

i fail to see how just saying axl made swine flu to sicken the world is really a joke about how axl didn't create swine flu to sicken the world and instead someone else altogether did, and the whole joke was supposed to be about the press picking on axl.  sorry.  doesn't make much sense.  nice try though.  come again!

stop defending haters, bitches and punks.  is a little respect for a musical genius too much to ask for?

Kindly shut up already!  you're just losing any respect that anyone has for you.
Defensive much Huh

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #529 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:43 AM »

oh please... your'e just making excuses for that comedian because he's famous and trendy and everyone has to pretend to like him.  but your logic falls apart... if he wanted to make fun of the press for the way they constantly demonize axl, then why didn't he say THE PRESS created swine flu and tried to blame it on axl?  okay, i get that.  it's funny.   he could have reprised the rant from 'get in the ring' but making it about members of the press creating swine flu.  to me, that's  joke. 

Kindly shut up already!  you're just losing any respect that anyone has for you.
Defensive much Huh

No one has any, that's the whole motif here at HTGTH I think.

As for the Colbert thing -- it's funny, not meant to degrade anyone. Get over it.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »

It is called satire, and you have to have an IQ over 10 to understand that whatever is said is not intended literally.  Everyone else here seems to get the joke except for you.  Just coming out and saying it the way that you thought it should have been said wouldn't have been funny... it would have been a statement.

For example... do you think that South Park is making fun of Jews or Jew-haters when they make Jew jokes?  (take into account that the characters saying them are intentionally ignorant, hateful people).
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

My final answer is.....YES! Yes they are making fun of them because the creators of South Park are anti-Semitic Nazi's who hate all Jews.

I think I hit hte nail on the head right?
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #532 on: October 09, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »

It is called satire, and you have to have an IQ over 10 to understand that whatever is said is not intended literally.  Everyone else here seems to get the joke except for you.  Just coming out and saying it the way that you thought it should have been said wouldn't have been funny... it would have been a statement.

For example... do you think that South Park is making fun of Jews or Jew-haters when they make Jew jokes?  (take into account that the characters saying them are intentionally ignorant, hateful people).

the difference is that colbert has a HISTORY of going after axl.  it's like he has a personal axe to grind, and he's using his tiny bit of media attention to mock someone i respect and admire.  one time he made a joke about how long it was taking to finish cd, and in a very sarcastic tone, he mocked axl for taking extra time to tweak the reverb on a backing vocal track.

oh, how his well-trained studio audience howled.  but his joke was stupid and didn't make any sense.  obviously, there's far more to mixing and mastering and tweaking an album than putting more reverb on a backing vocal track.  anyone with half a brain knows that far more was going on, like rerecording some rhythm guitar parts with bumblefoot.  a little bit of reverb on a backing vocal track wouldn't really make that much of a difference at all.  so he scored a cheap laugh by lying about what axl was doing, and pretending like he has the faintest clue of how to mix an album.  he made an ass of himself and brought his audience down to that level. 

these are just the two examples i know of.  but i don't watch his stupid shit show. 
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #533 on: October 09, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »

When it takes so long to finish an album, people are going to make jokes about it.  Even fellow fans (who had the album pre-ordered as soon as their local stores had it on their database), have followed every bit of news over the past decade, gone to as many shows as possible and are planning on attending others - like me - made jokes.  That's all they were... jokes.  It wasn't a declaration of hatred, otherwise I wouldn't have done all of that other stuff.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »

the difference is that colbert has a HISTORY of going after axl.  it's like he has a personal axe to grind, and he's using his tiny bit of media attention to mock someone i respect and admire.  one time he made a joke about how long it was taking to finish cd, and in a very sarcastic tone, he mocked axl for taking extra time to tweak the reverb on a backing vocal track.

oh, how his well-trained studio audience howled.  but his joke was stupid and didn't make any sense.  obviously, there's far more to mixing and mastering and tweaking an album than putting more reverb on a backing vocal track.  anyone with half a brain knows that far more was going on, like rerecording some rhythm guitar parts with bumblefoot.  a little bit of reverb on a backing vocal track wouldn't really make that much of a difference at all.  so he scored a cheap laugh by lying about what axl was doing, and pretending like he has the faintest clue of how to mix an album.  he made an ass of himself and brought his audience down to that level. 

these are just the two examples i know of.  but i don't watch his stupid shit show. 

Do you REALLY think people takes everything he says as the truth? He's a comedian, not a news reporter... There's a difference.

You obviously haven't grasped the concept of his show.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #535 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »

Another thread going off topic... Nice.

STFU! Cheesy

Thank you, have a nice day.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #536 on: October 10, 2009, 02:37:07 AM »

Another thread going off topic... Nice.

STFU! Cheesy

Thank you, have a nice day.

/jarmo
I agree wtf happened here I post about a funny joke and what I though was real cool promotion for CD in the US and people think that its an attack on Axl come on people Stevens job is to make jokes about well almost everything and he dose a dam good job at it hihi hihi hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #537 on: October 15, 2009, 08:25:41 PM »

Oh yeah!  We hit the jackpot here.

Axl is a staple of primetime television programming on Wednesdays.

In the new Patricia Heaton sitcom, "The Middle" one of the characters is named AXL!!!!!

8:30/7:30 Central on ABC.

The show is set in Indiana.

Yeah, surprised more people haven't commented on this. Someone who works on that show is an Axl/ GN'R fan.

Another clever reference to Indiana is the youngest kid's name, Brick. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is, of course, referred to as "The Brickyard".

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #538 on: October 15, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »

In the new Patricia Heaton sitcom, "The Middle" one of the characters is named AXL!!!!!

Yeah, surprised more people haven't commented on this. Someone who works on that show is an Axl/ GN'R fan.

Another clever reference to Indiana is the youngest kid's name, Brick. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is, of course, referred to as "The Brickyard".
Seems like no one here watches ABC I am one of them but I will try to check out this show.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #539 on: October 16, 2009, 02:58:27 AM »

I have only gotten a chance to see the first episode, what with the baseball playoffs and all.

I'll try and catch up with the show online.

And I really like that Brickyard reference! 
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: