Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297343 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #540 on: October 16, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »

It's about time Guns appear in The Simpsons, not just a song in an episode, but as characters.
I already see Axl & Homer drinkin' at Moe's  hihi  beer

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #541 on: October 21, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »

It's about time Guns appear in The Simpsons, not just a song in an episode, but as characters.
That would be cool but I would rather have it on like Family Guy or that Clevelend show thing

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #542 on: October 21, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »

That would be cool but I would rather have it on like Family Guy or that Clevelend show thing

Yeah, it would be cool if Axl played himself on Family Guy...they could have a scene where Meg tells Axl she's a big fan of his, and his response is, "Shut up, Meg."

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #543 on: October 22, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »

True but they already made a big thing about Kiss on the show so I don't know what would happen.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #544 on: November 10, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »

There was another GNR mention in the latest episode of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic.  During the show they have a segment called "Stump The Trunk", where audience members ask Eddie Trunk metal/hard rock trivia questions and if he gets them wrong they win a prize.  This week some lady from the UK asked the following GNR question. 

"Which song from GNR's Chinese Democracy was co-written by former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck?" 

Of course the lady should've referred to Robin as former GNR guitarist, not NIN.  Anyhow easy question for any true fan of GNR, apparently Eddie doesn't fall under that category though because he got it wrong.  First he said he didn't even know all the songs on the album and he guessed "There Was A Time".  While he was thinking it over, comedian/co host Don Jamieson joked "Does he get 13 years to guess the answer?"

Not pleased with Eddie's answer, thought he was a bigger fan.  But in his defense, that kind of shows the lack of exposure or push that this album was/has been given.  This type of thing should be common knowledge, not just to us "forum geeks", especially since "Better" was the 2nd and last single (so far) off the album. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #545 on: November 10, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »

There was another GNR mention in the latest episode of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic.  During the show they have a segment called "Stump The Trunk", where audience members ask Eddie Trunk metal/hard rock trivia questions and if he gets them wrong they win a prize.  This week some lady from the UK asked the following GNR question. 

"Which song from GNR's Chinese Democracy was co-written by former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck?" 

Of course the lady should've referred to Robin as former GNR guitarist, not NIN.  Anyhow easy question for any true fan of GNR, apparently Eddie doesn't fall under that category though because he got it wrong.  First he said he didn't even know all the songs on the album and he guessed "There Was A Time".  While he was thinking it over, comedian/co host Don Jamieson joked "Does he get 13 years to guess the answer?"

Not pleased with Eddie's answer, thought he was a bigger fan.  But in his defense, that kind of shows the lack of exposure or push that this album was/has been given.  This type of thing should be common knowledge, not just to us "forum geeks", especially since "Better" was the 2nd and last single (so far) off the album. 

He doesn't even know all the songs on the album, one year after its release? Listening to him during the famous Axl interview, I thought he was a BIG fan. I guess he was just an ass kisser...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »

THere's a reference about november rain and axl on How I met your mother, season 2, episode 21.  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2009, 02:24:31 AM »

Fuck Eddie Trunk. What a fucking tool. Seriously fuck him, that douchie fat fuck.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

Hopefully he will actualy buy the album before he makes any stupid comments. But then again .... this is angelica from joe's spanish classs! =] and i say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.  beer

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2009, 07:13:09 AM »

THere's a reference about november rain and axl on How I met your mother, season 2, episode 21.  hihi
yeah, just saw that a couple of weeks ago Smiley

also on the sitcom jesse with christina applegate, there's a flashback from where she was pregnant and they were supposed to go to a GNR concert in manhattan, so there's a couple of gnr references and jokes about it, like when they are missing the show 'cause she's going into labour her sister says "don't worry, it's guns n roses, they're like the stones, they are gonna be around forever"  Tongue
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #550 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLofUOmvOiY

Lovely Regina Spektor's song. GnR reference at 1:10 and 2:20.
Annie
« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »

On the Suite Life of Zack and Cody they did a parody of November Rain that was called Hot December Snow. you can see it on youtube. I tivoed it, and I love to watch Dylan do his Axl impression. " When I'm with my best friend, I feel a warm wind blow. And when we buy a doughnut, we both poney up the dough. But friends are not  forever, well that just the way things go, and it's tough to make an angel in the hot December snow."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h94vxVkaYYo
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:40:09 PM by Annie » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

The main article on ESPN.com at this moment has the headline, "Appetite for Destruction?"
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dqVDQ-lF4Q

Newish cover of SCOM, was on a advert for nappies, yesterday i think
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

This one's pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHqMXu6q5I

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2009, 09:46:25 AM »

what?  that's bullshit!  anyone with the slightest knowledge of chinese democracy knows robin wrote better.  trunk had axl on his damn show!  he went to the rehearsals, right?  and flapped his fat mouth about it, risking getting the band in trouble for discussing what's going on behind the scenes.

but the worst part is that he trumpeted chinese democracy and said so much great shit about.  well, how could you love an album and not even know the names of the songs?  what a fraud.  why would he like about loving an album that he clearly hasn't even listened too?  is it just so he can trick axl into coming on his show again? 

fat fuck.  i hope he falls down some stairs.  anyone have an email address for him?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »

what?  that's bullshit!  anyone with the slightest knowledge of chinese democracy knows robin wrote better.  trunk had axl on his damn show!  he went to the rehearsals, right?  and flapped his fat mouth about it, risking getting the band in trouble for discussing what's going on behind the scenes.

but the worst part is that he trumpeted chinese democracy and said so much great shit about.  well, how could you love an album and not even know the names of the songs?  what a fraud.  why would he like about loving an album that he clearly hasn't even listened too?  is it just so he can trick axl into coming on his show again? 

fat fuck.  i hope he falls down some stairs.  anyone have an email address for him?

email is youneedtogrowup@getalife.com.

Yes any die-hard fan would know the answer but maybe he just forgot? Things happen. Maybe he didn't read the linear notes like the rest of this GNR community.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #557 on: November 28, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »

I was asleep and my husband said Axl's on TV and I said, ha ha you are just trying to wake me, he said no I'm telling the truth, so I sat up and looked and he was telling the truth, he was actually performing with Steven Tyler.  Anyway it was an ad to order some Rock N Roll Hall of Fame CD, but through out the commercial it showed him a few different times.  Anyone aware of this CD or seen the add before?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #558 on: November 28, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »

email is youneedtogrowup@getalife.com.

Yes any die-hard fan would know the answer but maybe he just forgot? Things happen. Maybe he didn't read the linear notes like the rest of this GNR community.

he just got caught being a douchebag.  it's like when an interviewer pretends to read and love a book that a guest of his show has written.  phony hollywood bullshit.  fuck that.  fuck eddie trunk.  if he liked chinese democracy half as much as he pandered to, then i'm pretty sure he'd at least know the names of the songs.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »

Just saw Mythbusters... and on the show. they were into the myth Cars explode when they fall over the ridge.

the cars didn't explode.. later on they added yes gasoline:P

and when the car began to drive.. you could here a fanmade Don't cry heal soft in the background. kinda cool
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: