Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:37:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 298998 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »

I was asleep and my husband said Axl's on TV and I said, ha ha you are just trying to wake me, he said no I'm telling the truth, so I sat up and looked and he was telling the truth, he was actually performing with Steven Tyler.  Anyway it was an ad to order some Rock N Roll Hall of Fame CD, but through out the commercial it showed him a few different times.  Anyone aware of this CD or seen the add before?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=57689.0

ok
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »

I was asleep and my husband said Axl's on TV and I said, ha ha you are just trying to wake me, he said no I'm telling the truth, so I sat up and looked and he was telling the truth, he was actually performing with Steven Tyler.  Anyway it was an ad to order some Rock N Roll Hall of Fame CD, but through out the commercial it showed him a few different times.  Anyone aware of this CD or seen the add before?

ok
Thank you very much Smiley.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #562 on: November 29, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »

ok

Steven Tyler? Don't you mean Bruce?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »

ok

Steven Tyler? Don't you mean Bruce?
He is apparently on this compilation with more than just one artist I believe.  I was also half asleep.  Now I could be mistaken, but I am 99% sure that is what I saw unless I was dreaming lol...

OK after further investigation it seems I must of just seen Steven Tyler on the commercial and apparently I was 99% wrong, sorry guys yes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:42:30 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #564 on: November 29, 2009, 10:29:30 AM »

I think it's just Bruce but I am not sure....haven't seen it yet.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »

ESPN.com front page has the headline "Lose Your Illusion."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #566 on: December 18, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »

Sam Worthington wanted Guns N' Roses to feature music in "Avatar".

You're wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt. What do you make of Leona Lewis doing the theme song?

Sam: I said I wanted Axel. Jim looked at me and thought I was an idiot. Guns N' Roses could have fit in I'm sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_10000000/newsid_10003400/10003464.stm

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #567 on: December 19, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »

I was reading an article on yahoo sports about the 10 worst hockey trades of the decade and it had this tidbit in it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-most-lopsided-NHL-trades-of-the-last-decade;_ylt=AtWBJxZGpS3lXWhf6.s8Lkx7vLYF?urn=nhl,209570

7. Philadelphia Flyers traded Patrick Sharp(notes) and Eric Meloche(notes) to the Chicago Blackhawks for Matt Ellison(notes) and a 3rd round selection in 2006. (Dec. 5, 2006)

Now, this could have easily been the Blackhawks stealing Kris Versteeg(notes) from the Boston Bruins in exchange for Brandon Bochenski(notes) in 2007. But Flyers Goal Scored By ... offers compelling evidence that this is the bigger fleecing:

After two good seasons playing in Hockey East, Sharp turned pro and joined the Phantoms for what would have been his junior year in college. The next season he split time between the Flyers and Phantoms pretty evenly, and the during the lockout he helped the Phantoms win the Calder Cup with 21 points in 21 playoff games after a 53 point regular season. And then when Sharp finally looked ready for the big leagues Bobby Clarke made one of the bigger mistakes of his tenure and traded him away for a guy that is now in the KHL and a third round pick that we then traded to Montreal for two other picks, who turned out to be current Phantom Jonathan Matsumoto(notes) and busted goalie Jakub Kovar.

[...]

He's exactly the kind of guy you want sitting next to you on the bench, which is the type of guy the Flyers have traditionally tried to acquire, not tried to deal away for a Guns 'n Roses poster and half used phone card.

Especially when it's a poster for "Chinese Democracy."

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Annie
« Reply #568 on: January 01, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

I saw a commercial today for Florida vacations with a kid wearing a gunsnroses tshirt. The add said check www.beaches.com. It made me smile. Cheesy
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »

This is most likely just sheer coincidence, but I was just watching an episode of The Twilight Zone - "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up".  In a 5 minute sequence the phrases "like children hiding in a closet, can't tell what's going on outside", "parlor trick", and "off the beaten track" were used. 

The phrase about children hiding in a closet wasn't word for word to the lyrics from "Breakdown" but it was close enough.  Again, probably just a coincidence, but I took notice of it.

And just to clarify, the Twilight Zone episode came out in the 1960's, so obviously if there was any connection it'd be on Axl's end.

One more thing if you wanna stretch it even further.  The alien in the episode reveals "hidden hands up his sleeves" when he lets his identity be known.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:50:53 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2010, 04:52:21 AM »

SCOM on Flog it.  Sad   

Its an antiques/auction program, hardly "twee" in its usage.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #571 on: January 02, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »

You're wearing a Guns N' Roses t-shirt. What do you make of Leona Lewis doing the theme song?

Sam: I said I wanted Axel. Jim looked at me and thought I was an idiot. Guns N' Roses could have fit in I'm sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_10000000/newsid_10003400/10003464.stm

I've seen a few Worthington interviews, he was wearing Mot?rhead, Metallica, Led Zeppelin T-Shirts, so appartently, he's a REAL hard rock/metal fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4kKvWYSwKM&feature=related (Mot?rhead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1Z9-Hdmrs (Led Zeppelin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev7j7ziIl68&feature=fvw (Metallica)

I haven't seen Avatar, but I thought Cameron liked Guns n' roses...maybe he just loves music that $ells when he does a movie, that's why he chose Leona Lewis for Avatar and C?line Dion for Titanic... Kinda disappointing, but not that surprising...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
Annie
« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »

I've seen a few Worthington interviews, he was wearing Mot?rhead, Metallica, Led Zeppelin T-Shirts, so appartently, he's a REAL hard rock/metal fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4kKvWYSwKM&feature=related (Mot?rhead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1Z9-Hdmrs (Led Zeppelin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev7j7ziIl68&feature=fvw (Metallica)

I haven't seen Avatar, but I thought Cameron liked Guns n' roses...maybe he just loves music that $ells when he does a movie, that's why he chose Leona Lewis for Avatar and C?line Dion for Titanic... Kinda disappointing, but not that surprising...
I agree with you. A GNR song would have been great in AVATAR. They'll be doing sequels, so maybe in the next one. ok
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »

But perhaps , Cameron felt it was iconic using YCBM for t 2? He doesnt genrally repeat artist , at least I dont believe in otehr films but finds new ones.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #574 on: January 04, 2010, 04:29:17 AM »

GNR were mentioned in "How i met your mother!"

There was a wedding and some guy mentioned November Rain and said something like "To quote Axl Rose"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #575 on: January 04, 2010, 05:29:12 AM »

But perhaps , Cameron felt it was iconic using YCBM for t 2? He doesnt genrally repeat artist , at least I dont believe in otehr films but finds new ones.

Iconic? Nah, GN'R were just one of the biggest selling artists in the world, that's all. Guns n' roses, then C?line Dion, then Leona Lewis, that says it all. By the way, I haven't seen Avatar, and I won't see it. Just not interested, that's all... Maybe later...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #576 on: January 05, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »

The 21st episode from the first season of NYPD Blue is called Guns N' Rosaries.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #577 on: January 05, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

I said this before but I will say it again regarding Sam wearing the GN'R T and Avatar. I fucking love Avatar. I am happily married and shit but she knows I have fallen for Neytiri. Cameron she have been given Chinese Democracy and been given a serious heart to heart with him. Got him high on some Pandoran weed and played If The World for him. The song would have been so perfect. As it stands the song I see you, the music for the song is played many times throughout the film so I get that too but If The World would have just been much cooler and strangely fitting.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2010, 10:32:02 PM »

i was reading the review of this movie and this sounds cool

"Vaughn uses the music perfectly to punctuate whatever action he has going on and that moment is an incredible ramp up to some serious ass kicking. At one moment, the audience burst into clapping along with Guns & Roses NOVEMBER RAIN ? a once in a lifetime event to be sure; I mean come on, that?s not going to happen again in an ordinary theater..."

i dont know if the song will be in the theatrical version.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43670
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:33:49 PM by nekomex » Logged
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »

Ha I wanted to see this movie after the previews, sounds awesome!

Plus, it has nick cage. What else do we want?  beer
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: