Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 298960 times)
DebbieNgeorgia
Opening Act

People are getting really, fuckin' smashed up here

« Reply #600 on: February 20, 2010, 11:10:10 PM »

There is a sitcom called "The Middle" and the couple's oldest son is named Axl. He is named after the concert that he was conceived at. Also, I am watching "The Dead Pool" and did anyone notice that the rock star character, before he died, was filming a music video to WTTJ and doing a horrible job of lip-syncing? All of the band members were at the funeral except Izzy. Pretty cool. ok

Not to be an asshole....but,
axe
Rocker

« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »

Finnish TV show "Choir War" [Edit: I see it's actually called "Clash of the Choirs"]. They have music celebrities from different cities and towns pick their own choirs from "regular people", then they go on tv to compete against each other. The choirs perform, TV audience votes. Today Nightwish bassist Marco Hietala (dressed up to look like Axl) put his choir to perform Paradise City. It was not a very good rendition, but enough to make them go through to the next round. It will probably be on Youtube or somewhere else on the net soon.

And there it already is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DVsF6JFIJ0
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:43:00 PM by axe » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »

There is a sitcom called "The Middle" and the couple's oldest son is named Axl. He is named after the concert that he was conceived at. Also, I am watching "The Dead Pool" and did anyone notice that the rock star character, before he died, was filming a music video to WTTJ and doing a horrible job of lip-syncing? All of the band members were at the funeral except Izzy. Pretty cool. ok
I've watched a couple episodes of "The Middle" recently.  I wondered if there was an Axl Rose tie in.  The show also takes place in Indiana, so either one of the writers is a big GNR fan or they're going along with the Indiana/Axl connection, or both.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »

Just heard Paradise City during the Canada vs USA hockey game.... It was played at the arena in Vancouver.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #604 on: February 21, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »

Just heard Paradise City during the Canada vs USA hockey game.... It was played at the arena in Vancouver.

/jarmo

We were @ a local college hockey game last night, and the band broke into Paradise City during a stoppage in play.... When play resumed they started singing it, and within in seconds the whole crowd was singing it!! hihi
Annie
« Reply #605 on: February 21, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »

Finnish TV show "Choir War" [Edit: I see it's actually called "Clash of the Choirs"]. They have music celebrities from different cities and towns pick their own choirs from "regular people", then they go on tv to compete against each other. The choirs perform, TV audience votes. Today Nightwish bassist Marco Hietala (dressed up to look like Axl) put his choir to perform Paradise City. It was not a very good rendition, but enough to make them go through to the next round. It will probably be on Youtube or somewhere else on the net soon.

Thankyou so much for posting that!
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »

hahaha MArco is so cool, but that video really makes me laugh hihi

thanks

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2010, 11:03:46 PM »

/jarmo
I didn't catch that tonight.  I was watching a game earlier in the week though and they played "Welcome To The Jungle" as they do at every sporting event these days.  But THIS was the Olympics.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #608 on: February 21, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »

Would make a lot more sense if Gagne was still closing....hell if he was still pitching for that fact.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #609 on: February 22, 2010, 04:26:28 AM »

Would make a lot more sense if Gagne was still closing....hell if he was still pitching for that fact.

He is.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #610 on: February 22, 2010, 09:31:29 PM »

Gnr allusion in Zac Efron/Matthew Perry's 2009 movie 17 Again. In his flashback of when he first met his wife he states that she was the most beautiful women he had ever seen and she was "wearing a Guns N Roses T shirt."

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »

Oddly, that was really, really fucking cool.

Axl is God.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #612 on: February 23, 2010, 05:52:21 PM »

/jarmo
I didn't catch that tonight.  I was watching a game earlier in the week though and they played "Welcome To The Jungle" as they do at every sporting event these days.  But THIS was the Olympics.
They played wttj right before the shoot-out between switzerland and belarus like 10 minutes ago

ycbm was played during the freestyle skiing last week too
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »

They should rename it the GN'R games and have all the gold medal winners to play there favorate GN'R tune.

hihi

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:47 PM »

Don't know if anyone remembers the tv show My So Called Life, with Claire Danes and Jared Leto. I was watching it the other week and when Claire dyed her hair red, her dad made a comment about wanting to look like Axl Rose or something along those lines lol

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Jester
Headliner

« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »

Olympic coverage again, this time they just played Nightrain while showing the u.s.a 4 man bobsled team!...
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »

Just seen the movie The Crazies. There is a dude in the movie that does something very bad (don't want to give anything away) and when asked what the hell he did. He just starts whistling the end part of Civil War. lmao i was like no way!  hihi

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #617 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:42 PM »

Olympic coverage again, this time they just played Nightrain while showing the u.s.a 4 man bobsled team!...

Their team name is Night Train!  Grin
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »

Their sled is called the Night Train and they won gold!  USA!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Annie
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2010, 10:54:25 PM »

Their sled is called the Night Train and they won gold!  USA!
You took the words right out of my mouth! hihi
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:46:41 PM by Annie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: