Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297341 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »

Last night on the latest episode of "That Metal Show", Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine, and Don Jamieson started out the show talking about Guns N' Roses being back in action and touring Asia and Canada.  Eddie commented on how Chinese Democracy had come out about a year ago and didn't really meet "expectations" but now they were out playing shows and getting positive reviews.  Don mentioned how the Tokyo show was the longest in the history of GNR at 3 hours 37 minutes and that they were as fierce as ever.  Jim said it got off to a rocky start with Axl punching out a paparazzi at LAX, but they all agreed that that's what they want to see Axl doing.  Being a true rockstar.  The episode isn't online yet, but I'd imagine it will be in the next couple days.  It's right at the beginning of the show, first thing they discuss, for just a couple minutes.  It's season 4, episode 4, with Joe Lynn Turner.

http://www.vh1classic.com/browse/video/109196/That_Metal_Show/index.jhtml

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #621 on: March 03, 2010, 12:56:51 AM »

Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but since I just saw it for the first time.

During the 3rd season of Married with Children, the Bundy's are over at the Rhodes' house to watch VHS movies, because the Bundy's only had Beta (yeah,it's that old). Anyway, Kelly asks to use the phone. She returns a while later explaining she called all over the world trying to track down "that rock group, Guns N' Roses"

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #622 on: March 03, 2010, 11:55:34 AM »

Chelsea Handler was referring to or mentioning the ping pong game Axl played with Scarlett Johanssen on her Febuary 28th show which was her 35th bday.  Tried to find the link, but was unable.  Anyway it was surprising to see photo of Axl on her show.  Good to see Axl being mentioned again, the world was to quiet without him lol.  Go Axl.  It would be good if Chelsea invited Axl to her show.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #623 on: March 03, 2010, 01:24:35 PM »

watched this documentary called virgin school about a 26 year old, socially awkward englishman called james, he was a virgin and it told the very moving story about his life and how he finally lost his virginity. In the end of it, after 3 months of sexual therapy he lost his virginity to his sex coach, now to the reference, when he was about to lost his virginity and was undressing/taking his clothes off while dancing sexy he had a GN'R shirt on. (he probably had been thinking 'bout sexy being hungry for something that he hadn't had yet)  Grin

if you see this, hello james!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #624 on: March 03, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »

Olympic coverage again, this time they just played Nightrain while showing the u.s.a 4 man bobsled team!...

Their team name is Night Train!  Grin

Their sled is called the Night Train and they won gold!  USA!
Goes to show when you got GN'R on your side you cant lose hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #625 on: March 04, 2010, 03:32:35 AM »

There is a sitcom called "The Middle" and the couple's oldest son is named Axl. He is named after the concert that he was conceived at. Also, I am watching "The Dead Pool" and did anyone notice that the rock star character, before he died, was filming a music video to WTTJ and doing a horrible job of lip-syncing? All of the band members were at the funeral except Izzy. Pretty cool. ok

I have 'the dead pool' on video (not because I am a fan of Clint Eastwood, but beacuase I am a GnR fan  Grin).
The rock star character is Jim Carrey in his very early days  Wink

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Annie
« Reply #626 on: March 04, 2010, 08:43:55 AM »

Chelsea Handler was referring to or mentioning the ping pong game Axl played with Scarlett Johanssen on her Febuary 28th show which was her 35th bday.  Tried to find the link, but was unable.  Anyway it was surprising to see photo of Axl on her show.  Good to see Axl being mentioned again, the world was to quiet without him lol.  Go Axl.  It would be good if Chelsea invited Axl to her show.
+1. she's very cool.
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2010, 04:59:18 AM »

There is a trailerpark named Paradise city in the movie Postal.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »

Okay, it's not movies or tv, but Axl's got a cool little pic next to a pic of Scarlett Johanson in the latest People magazine. 
It's great to see Axl having a good time.  Will we ever find out who won the ping pong game???   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

Shaun White was a guest on The George Lopez show on Thursday night and George gave him a Les Paul signed by Slash.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »

watched this documentary called virgin school about a 26 year old, socially awkward englishman called james, he was a virgin and it told the very moving story about his life and how he finally lost his virginity. In the end of it, after 3 months of sexual therapy he lost his virginity to his sex coach, now to the reference, when he was about to lost his virginity and was undressing/taking his clothes off while dancing sexy he had a GN'R shirt on. (he probably had been thinking 'bout sexy being hungry for something that he hadn't had yet)  Grin

if you see this, hello james!

dude, that's fucking awesome!  so there are professional people out there who help guys lose their virginity?  that's really cool to hear.  and if i ever went, i'd wear my gnr shirt too!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #631 on: March 06, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »

Okay, it's not movies or tv, but Axl's got a cool little pic next to a pic of Scarlett Johanson in the latest People magazine. 
It's great to see Axl having a good time.  Will we ever find out who won the ping pong game???   beer

Source:  People magazine
March 15, 2010 Issue

ROCKIN' SURPRISE PALS!
SCARLETT JOHANSSON & AXL ROSE
The actress, 25, and the rocker, 48, "have been hanging out" in N.Y.C. and played Ping-Pong at Spin.  "They're friends," says a Johansson source.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #632 on: March 09, 2010, 09:30:40 AM »

Last night's "Law and Order" episode began with a guy trying to hit on a girl, he says to her..."Tootie Fruit is my favorite band too...."....she responds...."I thought GNR was your favorite band..."

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #633 on: March 09, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »

Source:  People magazine
March 15, 2010 Issue

ROCKIN' SURPRISE PALS!
SCARLETT JOHANSSON & AXL ROSE
The actress, 25, and the rocker, 48, "have been hanging out" in N.Y.C. and played Ping-Pong at Spin.  "They're friends," says a Johansson source.

I dont think the question was answered though.
Who won this ping pong game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 hihi

gustavo_adami
Headliner

« Reply #634 on: March 09, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »

TV Record from Brazil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5p8UNa6H7s&feature=player_embedded
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #635 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:51 AM »

That was great, shows how great fans there are supporting GNR!  ok

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #636 on: March 10, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »

mention of Axl in a programme about john lewis (if you remember sweet child was used in there christmas advert) it just said they`d made the advert using the music and needed Axl`s permission to use it and they thought he`d`never heard of john lewis and they thought about sending someone to his house to ask him ,as it turned out he agreed .(shame they didn`t go into a bit more detail ) Smiley
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #637 on: March 10, 2010, 11:28:38 PM »

Richwomen I am sure sooner or latter we will get a more detaled story.

Joe

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #638 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:07 AM »

Its available to watch on the BBC's iPlayer, showing the making in part the advert. Did love the fact that they had made the ad before getting the permission to use SCOM, Axl could have made a few extra $'s if he knew what a strong bargaining positioning he was in, but then again, maybe he did...
But

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #639 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »

Its available to watch on the BBC's iPlayer, showing the making in part the advert. Did love the fact that they had made the ad before getting the permission to use SCOM, Axl could have made a few extra $'s if he knew what a strong bargaining positioning he was in, but then again, maybe he did...
But
Axl wanted to be a nice guy and thats a real cool thing to do!

Joe

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: