Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297362 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #640 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »

Andrew Dice Clay was on The Howard Stern Show last week and made a few GNR mentions. He was explaining why his reality show failed, and how the producers told him they were going to show an image change episode where he would dress up as a rapper.  Andrew said his 16 year old kid spoke up and asked "if Axl or Slash was doing a show, would you ask them to do an image change?"  He said he gave in begrudginly because he was under contract.

Later on, he spoke about the difficulty in finding competent managers and how his attorney was his manager, Danny Hayes.  He said that Danny was able to get Axl's album out when nobody else could because, "you know he's tough to deal with". 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #641 on: March 17, 2010, 03:29:26 AM »

Small mention on CNN.com regarding videos.

It's the Lady Gaga Telephone article.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/16/music.videos.future/index.html?hpt=Mid

But with major record labels now seeing a downward trend in sales, "the big conglomerates don't have the money to pay for big music videos, which is why we don't have the Michael Jackson, Guns N' Roses kind of video anymore," said Saul Austerlitz, author of "Money for Nothing: A History of the Music Video."

That's right. 

WE'RE #2!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #642 on: March 24, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »

i've been meaning to check online (this thread really) ever since i saw that show "The Middle" a couple months ago. awesome Axl reference (as was pointed out a few posts back). but i wasn't 100% sure it was a gnr reference. then today my wife sent me a text and said that the actors were on the View and they mentioned the son is named after Axl Rose.  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #643 on: March 25, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »

Yeah I kinda thought so I am supprised there isnt any times when I have seen the show they dont have Axl listening to GNR or anything.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #644 on: March 25, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »

i've been meaning to check online (this thread really) ever since i saw that show "The Middle" a couple months ago. awesome Axl reference (as was pointed out a few posts back). but i wasn't 100% sure it was a gnr reference. then today my wife sent me a text and said that the actors were on the View and they mentioned the son is named after Axl Rose.  ok

That kid is always walking around in his underwear, too.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #645 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »

In how i met your mother's latest episode they kinda "show" Slash entering the bar...

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
slasherr
Opening Act

« Reply #646 on: March 26, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »

http://vimeo.com/10400998
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #647 on: March 27, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »

In how i met your mother's latest episode they kinda "show" Slash entering the bar...
Hmm, never watched that show before, was it really Slash hiding back there?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #648 on: March 27, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

Very funny! Smiley
I'm familiar with that show, not bad! My brother watch that show!

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #649 on: March 28, 2010, 04:04:41 AM »

Good wrap to the F1 in Australia, a BBC race summery, began with Roxette's Joy ride and finished in a manic adrenalin pumping Paradise City, fantasico  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #650 on: March 29, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »

I know this has really almost nothing to do with the subject but it might make you smile!

My school had a pep rally last week and for this basketball game durring it the first team had there opening song Welcome To The Jungle!!!

The game was between two teams of teachers and my soccer coach was on the team that played Welcome To The Jungle!!!!

The other team played Thunderstruck.

But WTTJ team won I knew they would as soon as they played that song and they had the giant teacher on there side to. Smiley

Joe

Sergott
Opening Act

« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »

A week ago, on the new 90210, there was a reference to GNR.  Adreinna was asked to audition for a band who has a member whose dad was in Guns N Roses.

I don't know what's worse....admitting to watching this smut, or that everyone is that much older.........

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #652 on: March 31, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »

A week ago, on the new 90210, there was a reference to GNR.  Adreinna was asked to audition for a band who has a member whose dad was in Guns N Roses.

I don't know what's worse....admitting to watching this smut, or that everyone is that much older.........

Who was his/her dad?  Ole Beich?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #653 on: April 01, 2010, 08:58:33 AM »

OMG is there a new 90210??  Shocked
I thought we were done with that crap. Man, I hated that show back in the nineties! Now I don't really care about it anymore.  Cheesy

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #654 on: April 01, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »

Who knows propobly one of the one time players before they got big or the guy during the Use Your Illusions tour that replaced Izzy for a little while but I hate it when there are no specifics.

Joe

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #655 on: April 01, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »

Who knows propobly one of the one time players before they got big or the guy during the Use Your Illusions tour that replaced Izzy for a little while but I hate it when there are no specifics.

Joe

There are no specifics because it's a fictional TV show and the story wasn't true to begin with.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #656 on: April 01, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »

Clearly its not true but it's still possible that it could actually happen who knows. Perhaps Cash is the band member lol.

I dont give a fuck about the show and still dont but that just caught my attention.

Joe

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #657 on: April 01, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »

Joe

There are no specifics because it's a fictional TV show and the story wasn't true to begin with.
I realize that, but the guys from Guns N' Roses (original lineup) are pretty well known.  If they used a band where the members are less prominent maybe it wouldn't be an issue.

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #658 on: April 06, 2010, 12:15:19 AM »

I just watched "Rising Son: The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi". Thought it was pretty cool, lots of good skateboarding footage from the 80s and stuff. Anyway, at the end, they were asking people how much of a legend Hosoi was. Some people compared him to Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc.
The one guy said: "There was Jean-Michel Basquiat, then there was Christian Hosoi, and then there was Axl Rose, you know what i mean?" I thought that was a pretty cool compliment

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
arnarsi
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: April 08, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »

Just saw this on youtube from a Norwegian commedian named Kristian Valen but he does parodies of people and in this case he is doing Don?t Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rfcqy1Oz1g

cool kids just do it
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: