Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297369 times)
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #720 on: November 12, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »

How 'bout another radio intro.?  Sean Hannity's radio show used the intro. to Paradise City coming in from a commercial break...it was a good 10 to 15 seconds in length.  I heard this getting out of work a little after 3:30 on Thursday, September 2nd.  "That was some Guns N' Roses to get us started up..."

perhaps we've got a closet GNR fan with Hannity? 

Well, he had Ron on his TV show last year and asked him a lot of questions, including if he could get Axl to come on the show, too... so I'm pretty sure he's a fan. Usually during the panel segments they discuss current events topics, rather than an interview format.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #721 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

Not sure if this belongs here, but watching the latest episode of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic and they had guys on from Tesla.  One of the guys (guitarist?) from Tesla is claiming G N' R ripped them off and that their demo for a song called "Better Off Without You" became "Patience."  Claims that the whole end of the song is a complete rip off of their song.  The guy said he is not sure if was Tom Zutaut or someone at Geffen (G N' R and Tesla shared the same label at the time) got hold of their demo and gave it to G N' R.  I think this is total bullshit and Eddie Trunk stood up a bit for Axl and said "well if that was true why don't you sue them?" 

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #722 on: November 14, 2010, 07:01:19 AM »

ON How I Met Your Mother the dialogue between 2 charecters Ted N' Barney debating new "stuff" being better than old.
Ted: Your telling me if your at a GN'R concert rocking out to Paradise City your sitting there going give me some Paradise City?
Barney: Well Ted Axl has really matured as a song writer..

Later in the episode a girl tells Ted how she was arrested for burning a Police car at a GN'R show. When he is shocked she rolls here eyes N' says "Chinese Democracy"..

Not exactly compliments to CD but I loved the GN'R mentions in 1 o' the top US Prime Time TV shows..
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #723 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »

On Jeopardy under the category similar to Musical Aliases there was a question(or answer) about Bill Baily and Welcome to the Jungle and the answer was Who is Axl Rose.  It was the last answer in that category also. 
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #724 on: November 19, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »

On Jeopardy under the category similar to Musical Aliases there was a question(or answer) about Bill Baily and Welcome to the Jungle and the answer was Who is Axl Rose.  It was the last answer in that category also. 

Did anyone get the question right? or did Trebeck have to give a witty remark cuz he's so smart....
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #725 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:37 PM »

My wife *makes* me watch 'TMZ" and the apparently "cute" blond surfer stoner dude is wearing a sweet GN'R shirt today.  it's a white t-shirt with a pic of Axl in the middle of a bed of roses singing I think "Civil War" with the american flag wrapped around him with his white cowboy hat...
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #726 on: November 23, 2010, 12:38:33 AM »

My wife *makes* me watch 'TMZ" and the apparently "cute" blond surfer stoner dude is wearing a sweet GN'R shirt today.  it's a white t-shirt with a pic of Axl in the middle of a bed of roses singing I think "Civil War" with the american flag wrapped around him with his white cowboy hat...

I was just watching that! That dude's usually pretty cool on the show. And yes, he's definitely a stoner. Great job for a stoner, i imagine. Cool shirt.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #727 on: November 27, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

Bobcat also mentions Axl..He says how he was in trouble for burning a couch on letterman but Axl has done worse..Pauly Shore may have used the same sought of joke as well..
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #728 on: November 30, 2010, 09:36:29 AM »

From artcile concerning Amazon "drying up".

"Many things in the Bible are coming to pass," said Perreira, wearing a soaked Guns N' Roses T-shirt and holding a gasping fish in one hand. "At the End of Times many things change, like the sun getting hotter."

Poorlakers
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #729 on: December 25, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »

I was watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" last night and I thought I saw a Guns N' Roses poster in Audrey's room.  It was real quick, and in the background, but it looked like them.  Can anybody confirm or deny this?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #730 on: December 25, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »

I was watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" last night and I thought I saw a Guns N' Roses poster in Audrey's room.  It was real quick, and in the background, but it looked like them.  Can anybody confirm or deny this?
yep saw it too, deffinately a gn'r poster..

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #731 on: December 26, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »

in the new movie Gullivers Travel, the main character has a gnr poster and later on he lies about being the composer of Sweet Child of mine as he plays it on his ipod.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #732 on: December 26, 2010, 04:56:28 AM »

I was watching the Knicks - Bulls game last night on TV and there was a small part of YCBM played in the middle of the 4th quarter.  Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #733 on: December 26, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »

just before Xmas on Polish tv, there was a short trailer of Die Hard I - with Welcome to the jungle played in the background

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
xsweetxchildx
Opening Act

Suck it. Like, seriously, go suck it.

« Reply #734 on: December 26, 2010, 08:39:18 AM »

in the new movie Gullivers Travel, the main character has a gnr poster and later on he lies about being the composer of Sweet Child of mine as he plays it on his ipod.
i'm gonna have to watch that movie now  Grin

Rocket Queen is so a good song. You're just jealous cos you didn't write it. *dance*
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #735 on: December 26, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »

It's amazing, I've watched that movie countless times and never noticed it before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #736 on: December 26, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

It's amazing, I've watched that movie countless times and never noticed it before.

Yes, it is.

It's the same picture that's used on the back of the Greatest Hits album, but in full colour, instead of silver. It's real quick, and I watched the movie a few days ago, and I still smile when I see that.  Smiley
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #737 on: December 27, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »

i'm gonna have to watch that movie now  Grin
Jack Black + GNR = Fucking sweet!!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #738 on: December 27, 2010, 06:41:33 AM »

Kinda didn't know where to post this, buts seeing as it is played on a TV, the Buzz quiz game for the Playstation has an "Axl-look-e-likey" (skinney, bandana, tattoo's sun-glasses and rocker with attitude) character... Needless to say I played as this character.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #739 on: December 27, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »

I don't know if it was posted before...But this is cool stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUVCQXMUVnI&feature=related

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 52 Go Up Print