Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 299066 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #780 on: April 17, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »

I think it's a case of where the beard goes, BBF will follow....  Roll Eyes

Are you saying that you think Bumblefoot is stalking ronsbeard??  Shocked

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #781 on: April 20, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »

Another radio reference. I was listening to WEEI Sports talk radio Boston/Providence and they used "Chinese Democracy" as a bumper coming out of a break. They played a bit of the intro, Axl's scream, and some of the guitar solo. I don't listen to the station very often but Stern is on vacation, so I don't know if this is a regular thing or not. Regardless, it was cool to hear.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:12:15 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #782 on: May 07, 2011, 06:15:55 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA, This is EXACTLY what we need to liven up politics........GN'R saves the day !!!!!.  Cool  Cool  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OxL0-rgOU

beer
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #783 on: May 07, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

smoking just like politics should be

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #784 on: May 16, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »

On "The Celebrity Apprentice" last night, John Rich was tasked to make a marketing campaign for Retro 7-Up.  He was given the decade of the 80's, and used an Axl Rose lookalike (kind of) in his commercial.  The guy had the bandana, that was Axl-esque.  And he was skinny, but other than that he didn't look much like Axl.  But you could tell what they were going for.  And the Axl and Madonna auditions weren't supposed to be dead on, as the REAL Dee Snider was supposed to stand apart from those two.

A couple Axl and GNR mentions though, were pretty cool.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #785 on: May 22, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »

LOL @ Chewbacca:

GUNS N' ROSES, METALLICA Classics Used During Dance-Off At 'Star Wars Weekends' (Video) - May 22, 2011

Video footage of "Star Wars" stars dancing to GUNS N' ROSES' "Welcome To The Jungle" and METALLICA's "Enter Sandman" during yesterday's (Saturday, May 21) Disney's Star Wars Weekends 2011 can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158445

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #786 on: May 24, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »

From Disorder in the Court on TruTV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEMtXVk8Bo

Things like this just makes me like this band more and more, go Axl!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #787 on: May 24, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

While I love to see Axl in action, the guy at the end does have a point.  How does nothing come of that?  If I had punched someone at the airport in such a public way, I think things would've gone down a little differently.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »

On "The Celebrity Apprentice" last night, John Rich was tasked to make a marketing campaign for Retro 7-Up.  He was given the decade of the 80's, and used an Axl Rose lookalike (kind of) in his commercial.  The guy had the bandana, that was Axl-esque.  And he was skinny, but other than that he didn't look much like Axl.  But you could tell what they were going for.  And the Axl and Madonna auditions weren't supposed to be dead on, as the REAL Dee Snider was supposed to stand apart from those two.

A couple Axl and GNR mentions though, were pretty cool.
To see the awful Axl Rose and Madonna impersonations (they were meant to be awful), click on the 80's commercial on this site.  I thought the commercial overall was really good though.

http://www.nbc.com/the-apprentice/7up/

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »

While I love to see Axl in action, the guy at the end does have a point.  How does nothing come of that?  If I had punched someone at the airport in such a public way, I think things would've gone down a little differently.

That was one sided as hell.

Why wouldn't somebody file a report if he was attacked? Maybe because he's not an innocent victim as portrayed in this clip...?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »

Why wouldn't somebody file a report if he was attacked? Maybe because he's not an innocent victim as portrayed in this clip...?

/jarmo
It is, but it still is a little odd that nothing happened.  Paparazzi are always out to make a buck, so I'm just surprised a big lawsuit didn't come out of it.  They never see the error of their own ways.  I guess in this instance, he did.

Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #791 on: May 24, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »

/jarmo

or Axl and this pap settled it out of court

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #792 on: May 24, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »

I love how the dumbass reporter quotes the wrong band.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2011, 09:15:40 AM »

Just a small little mention of Axl in an article I was reading about Christine Agulara, regarding a lawsuit they both have in common, no big deal, just thought I'd put it out here.

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/719-christina-aguilera-classic-game-fanatic/

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #794 on: May 30, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, so run over and drop him...haha  Did the photographer hit the girl??  If not, have you ever heard of taking the higher road? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, so run over and drop him...haha  Did the photographer hit the girl??  If not, have you ever heard of taking the higher road? 

Have you?

Do you know anything about the situation?

But pointing fingers is easy to do.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #796 on: May 30, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »

The "girl", is Beta, she is a most important figure in Axl's life and is just as prominent in the Guns and Roses world, did you not really pay close attention?  Everybody knows Axl would never allow her or any member of his entourage to be pestered period.  Looks to me as if someone overstepped their boundries, and got what they had coming, not to mention he was warned once.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #797 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

:love:good going axl,you tha man '
yeah i don't blame him,people shouldn't bother ,it's just gonna get punched i guess.ata boy '
not to promote violence but sometimes you just have to punch idiots.

the one an only horsey !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #798 on: June 09, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »

Paradise City was sampled in this latest Robin Quivers song parody by one of the fans of the Howard Stern Show.  Played the other day.

http://soundcloud.com/elibradensternsongs/pair-o-nice-titties

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #799 on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

Okay, I know it's not movies or tv...but whilst reading the ESPN.com fantasy football running back projections for 2011, it included this line:

Chris Johnson:  2011 Outlook: It's all about the expectations game. When Johnson was a relative unknown exploding to become fantasy's MVP in '09, he was the greatest thing since "Appetite For Destruction." When he was many folks' No. 1 overall selection for '10 and managed "only" 1,364 yards rushing, he was more disappointing than "Chinese Democracy."

BASTARDS!  rant 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: