Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297357 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2013, 07:26:04 PM »

Awesome use of Sweet Child O' Mine in the series finale of The Office.
Dwight Schrute finally marries Angela.
Walking down the aisle, Sweet Child is playing.
It's an instrumental version slowed down...but it was still very nice.
I was like, "That's fuckin' great!"
 beer
Here's the clip for anyone who missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BCkJkRqz3k

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »

On "Parks and Recreation" this week they had a gala that featured lookalikes of Indiana's most famous celebrities. Including Orville Redenbacher, Latoya Jackson, Axl Rose, and David Letterman.
Updated with link to the short clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3B-jp94_i0

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
molinari
Opening Act

« Reply #862 on: May 25, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

Carl Froch is now entering the ring to Welcome to The Jungle for his rematch with Mikkel Kessler, 18k rocking out in the attendance.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #863 on: May 27, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

Awesome use of Sweet Child O' Mine in the series finale of The Office.
Dwight Schrute finally marries Angela.
Walking down the aisle, Sweet Child is playing.
It's an instrumental version slowed down...but it was still very nice.
I was like, "That's fuckin' great!"
 beer
Here's the clip for anyone who missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BCkJkRqz3k
In case anyone is interested in purchasing the instrumental version of SCOM that played during The Office finale, the producer of the song contacted me and asked to share the following links.

To purchase this version
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sweet-child-of-mine/id525218743?i=525218744

Also visit the following sites for more information
http://stringsattached.org/
http://www.youtube.com/jazzviolawill
http://Facebook.com/StringsAttached

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #864 on: May 27, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »

For GNR Boxing fans Carl Froch walked out to "Welcome to the Jungle" on Saturday night for his fight with Mikkel Kessler.
Annie
« Reply #865 on: June 12, 2013, 11:40:11 AM »

A girl was wearing some Ashba swag, a black leather heart necklace in one of my fav silly shows Pretty Little liars,  www.abcfamily.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #866 on: June 12, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »

On the opening episode of TMS from 2 weeks back Jason Newstead was on and he was asked what his most memorable touring experience was.  He answered the GNR/Metallica tour, because he learned what not to do and how not to act on that tour.  I took that as an obvious shot at Axl.  Not sure how else one would take it. 

And in last weeks episode they did a segment with Bumblefoot called "Origins".  He spoke about himself, some of his likes and dislikes, how he got involved in music, etc.

gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #867 on: July 08, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

One of the guys from The Lacs wears a GN'R shirt throughout the video for "Country Boy Fresh."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #868 on: November 18, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »

WTTJ in a norwegian show called 'starbattle', it is like a popstartstuff similar to idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoclDmJNsAQ

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #869 on: November 19, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »

WTTJ in a norwegian show called 'starbattle', it is like a popstartstuff similar to idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoclDmJNsAQ

I watched that. Not bad. Funny enough NRK (norwegian state network) had a real gunner weekend, with Paradise City on the friday night singalong show Beat for Beat and a sami folkmusic version of SCOM sunday evening

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #870 on: December 04, 2013, 11:06:26 AM »

Not a "real" GN'R reference, but more of a funny coincidence since both songs were covered by GN'R at the same shows. The Seeker and Don't Let It Bring You Down (a cover version) are both in the movie American Beauty.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #871 on: December 05, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »

Many UFC fighters come out with GN'R songs.
Jungle,Paradise city,sweet child are regurals.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #872 on: December 18, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »

2 days ago on How i met your mother (once again), the frontman of a wedding band quits and says:

"I miss being in a band where people are decent to each other and there's no drama. I'm going back
to the new Guns N' Roses
."

My fav quote so far  Cool

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

2 days ago on How i met your mother (once again), the frontman of a wedding band quits and says:

"I miss being in a band where people are decent to each other and there's no drama. I'm going back
to the new Guns N' Roses
."

My fav quote so far  Cool

I just watched the episode and came here to say that! hahahaha

But my favorite gnr quote on HIMYM so far is on the "New is Always Better" episode where Ted says to Barney "So you're in a Guns N' Roses concert and you're like 'yeah, yeah, Paradise City, whatever...when are they gonna rock me some Chinese Democracy?'" and Barney says "Axl has really matured as a songwriter, Ted..."  hihi

The one with Slash is also cool! "How many hands does that guy have? No wonder he's such a great guitarist..." hihi

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #874 on: December 19, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »

ut my favorite gnr quote on HIMYM so far is on the "New is Always Better" episode where Ted says to Barney "So you're in a Guns N' Roses concert and you're like 'yeah, yeah, Paradise City, whatever...when are they gonna rock me some Chinese Democracy?'" and Barney says "Axl has really matured as a songwriter, Ted.

I believe in the same episode they mention how Robin got arrested for flipping over a police car after a GN'R concert...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #875 on: December 20, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

ut my favorite gnr quote on HIMYM so far is on the "New is Always Better" episode where Ted says to Barney "So you're in a Guns N' Roses concert and you're like 'yeah, yeah, Paradise City, whatever...when are they gonna rock me some Chinese Democracy?'" and Barney says "Axl has really matured as a songwriter, Ted.

I believe in the same episode they mention how Robin got arrested for flipping over a police car after a GN'R concert...

It was Zoey who had gotten arrested for participating in a riot after a Guns N' Roses concert in 2009. Then she says, as if she were embarrassed, "Yeah, Chinese Democracy..."

I f-ing love that show! hihi hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #876 on: December 22, 2013, 01:34:01 AM »

There was a GNR reference on SNL tonight. During a skit for a holiday album, Axl (played by someone on the cast) sang a little bit of "December" Rain with Slash (Justin Timberlake) playing a bit of the NR solo. It was funny and completely unexpected.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #877 on: December 23, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »

It is not TV nor movie, but CTFxC's Charles and Alli were singing Jungle while driving a  golf cart in the woods on today's vlog (starts at 2 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28A_POUp7gs

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #878 on: December 30, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lifetime-debuts-dramatic-flowers-attic-656156

A re-make of the classic Flowers in the Attic...with a very slowed down cover of Sweet Child O' Mine.
I just saw the commercial while watching a Lifetime movie with my wife...yes, they're a guilty pleasure.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #879 on: March 08, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »

Tuesday night I was watching a funny (and very offbeat) show on Comedy Central called "Kroll Show."
In their segment called "Rich Dicks," the two rich dicks are forced to go to a ticket counter because their private plane was messed up:

Kroll:              "Hi, we wanted to purchase a plane."
Ticket Agent:  "A real airplane?
Kroll:              "Yes, it's just that we invited Axl Rose and Tyrese onto our plane and they did some dermage..."

The whole show pokes fun at the garbage can of reality television...always fun to hear an Axl reference out there.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: