Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297426 times)
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #900 on: February 02, 2015, 02:51:50 PM »

I watched The Interview last night and there's a little G'n'R reference in it.
In one scene, there's a meeting with President Kim and his associates and Dave Skylark (James Franco) during Kim's speech says: "Welcome to the jungle, baby, welcome to the jungle. Na na na knees"!! Pretty cool!  ok

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #901 on: February 23, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »

There is a cover of Welcome to the Jungle in the trailer for the new Liam Neeson/ Ed Harris movie...

Can't seem to find any information on it tho... Sounds like a female singer

I thought i heard it the other day... and then my suspicions were confirmed when I saw it brought up on another GNR site. 

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #902 on: February 23, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »

There is a cover of Welcome to the Jungle in the trailer for the new Liam Neeson/ Ed Harris movie...

It's in a TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfjj9Im2RC0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #903 on: February 23, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »

It's in a TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfjj9Im2RC0

/jarmo

You know anything about this? Like who is singing?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #904 on: February 23, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »

Seems like it's an interesting take on the song. I want to hear more..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #905 on: February 23, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »

Seems like it's an interesting take on the song. I want to hear more..

It's not this one, but this is also different: https://soundcloud.com/novo-amor/welcome-to-the-jungle

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #906 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:29 PM »

Here's the WTTJ version from the Run All Night TV spot we've seen earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAJP4Y9RCk

The artist is Ghostwriter feat. Merethe Soltvedt.

The version of the song is 1:45, seems like it was specifically created for the TV spot, not sure though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #907 on: April 25, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »

Ready to rock! Christina Aguilera shows off edgy side with ripped Guns N' Roses T-shirt at a party for The Voice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3053474/Ready-rock-Christina-Aguilera-shows-edgy-ripped-Guns-N-Roses-T-shirt-party-Voice.html

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
italian queen
« Reply #908 on: May 09, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »

the tv commercial of one of the most famous italian sparkling water uses Sweet child o mine  confused
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #909 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »

Ok, so I just finished watching the new Kurt Cobain movie, "Montage of Heck."  Has anybody seen this thing?  We all know the history of the whole GNR/Nirvana thing but this movie really shines a different light on it.  From what I saw, Kurt really had a borderline  obsession with Axl and the rest of GNR.  In the movie he makes several Axl and GNR references in his home movies when he is just sitting around with his wife.  For a guy who tried to act like GNR were a waste of his time to even talk about he sure couldn't shut up about them in his private life.  I like Nirvana and his music, but it was kind of a sad movie to watch.  You can literally see him unravelling throughout the course of the film. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #910 on: June 06, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »

Ok, so I just finished watching the new Kurt Cobain movie, "Montage of Heck."  Has anybody seen this thing?  We all know the history of the whole GNR/Nirvana thing but this movie really shines a different light on it.  From what I saw, Kurt really had a borderline  obsession with Axl and the rest of GNR.  In the movie he makes several Axl and GNR references in his home movies when he is just sitting around with his wife.  For a guy who tried to act like GNR were a waste of his time to even talk about he sure couldn't shut up about them in his private life.  I like Nirvana and his music, but it was kind of a sad movie to watch.  You can literally see him unravelling throughout the course of the film. 

Kurt really looked gross in a lot of the footage from that movie.  Typical junkie. That looked to have not of showered in a while, greasy, covered in acne
He wouldn't shut up about Axl and guns.  In what seemed to be his attempt at humour....  It just came across as awkward and sad
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #911 on: June 06, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »

Ok, so I just finished watching the new Kurt Cobain movie, "Montage of Heck."  Has anybody seen this thing?  

I saw it as well. It was kinda difficult to take seriously....

And then I just read this: http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #912 on: June 06, 2015, 11:59:49 PM »

Ok, so I just finished watching the new Kurt Cobain movie, "Montage of Heck."  Has anybody seen this thing?  

I saw it as well. It was kinda difficult to take seriously....

And then I just read this: http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/

/jarmo

That was a good read.  Thanks. 
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #913 on: June 13, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »

Is there an American sports event where WTTJ doesn't play?

I'm watching the Stanley Cup on paid tv with no advertising. Gives you a pretty good idea what's happening when everyone is waiting for the game to be allowed to continue after 'these messages.'
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #914 on: June 15, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »

I'm watching the Stanley Cup on paid tv with no advertising. Gives you a pretty good idea what's happening when everyone is waiting for the game to be allowed to continue after 'these messages.'

So when a song from a band is played live at a sporting event that is broadcast on TV, does the band that wrote the song recieve any compensation?

I would imagine it would be similiar to the compensation recieved for a song being played on a radio (which is very little)

However, like you say.   There isnt one sport that doesnt play a guns song.  So all those pennies they get, have to add up
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #915 on: June 15, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »

So when a song from a band is played live at a sporting event that is broadcast on TV, does the band that wrote the song recieve any compensation?

I would imagine it would be similiar to the compensation recieved for a song being played on a radio (which is very little)

However, like you say.   There isnt one sport that doesnt play a guns song.  So all those pennies they get, have to add up

In the UK, TV and radio royalties are about ?45 per play (US $75 ish)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #916 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »

I doubt it.  Baseball maybe?

But its played at the beginning of everything.  Third downs at football games.  Coming out of timeouts in basketball.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #917 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »

I doubt it.  Baseball maybe?

But its played at the beginning of everything.  Third downs at football games.  Coming out of timeouts in basketball.

I want to say the over playing of WTTJ at sporting events almost kills the song for me, BUT...

I still get pretty pumped to hear it played at all these events.

How cool would it be for a sporting team to take the field to Coma, rather than WTTJ
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #918 on: June 16, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »

Dave Mustaine said they wrote 'Crush 'Em' as a favor to some Phoenix Coyotes players who said if they had to hear WTTJ one more time, they were going to kill themselves.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #919 on: June 16, 2015, 09:42:46 AM »

Dave Mustaine said they wrote 'Crush 'Em' as a favor to some Phoenix Coyotes players who said if they had to hear WTTJ one more time, they were going to kill themselves.

The funny thing is...

The only one that cares about what a Phoenix Coyote player thinks is Dave Mustaine...

I think if TheBaconman call up Dave and asked him to write him a little jingle he probably would.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: