Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297380 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 08:37:04 PM »

Steven Adler appears briefly as a jail inmate in a 1994 movie called BEYOND DESIRE.
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2003, 03:07:10 AM »

hmmm strange... but i think i just found one that no1 else has mentioned.    

The very beginning of AMERICAN NINJA 2...   they play Move to the City.      

Pretty fuckN cool..

PEACE
BJS
Dizzy
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2003, 09:06:12 AM »

They also play it during the closing credits of AMERICAN NINJA 2.  I posted about that awhile back.
DoctorNo
Headliner

... but at least there's a reaction.

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 02:37:45 AM »

"Grosse Point Blank", 1997
Gun's N' Roses Live and Let Die comes on
outside the store, then Paul McCartney's
version inside the store.

It's not McCartney's version. It's some live-and-let-lite muzak remix, which contrasts against the GnR version in a much more humorous (and satirical, considering the context of the scene, where the protagonist's childhood home has been converted to a convenience store) way.

"Dead Pool", 1988
GNR members make two brief
appearances in the movie: at a rock
star's funeral and on a boat.
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

One might also note that said rock star (played by a young Jim Carrey) whose funeral that is, has more than a passing resemblance to Appetite era Axl, leather pants and all.

I guess I'll keep it to myself.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 01:15:51 PM »

Another Simpsons Tidbit.
In an episode called *Can't remember's*wedding  Mr. *Can't remember*  Gets married.(Didn't see that one coming, eh??)
In Church Otto wears very slash-ish tophat.When you throw in Otto's  Slash-ish haircut and november rain-ish church, it's hard not to think about GNR/Nov.rain.
Might be a coincidence, though.

Nothing to do with movies but what the hell,

There are quite a few GNR references in Stephen King's books.

In Bag Of Bones, WTTJ plays in  radio when the main char is driving to one place or another near the ending.
King uses a line or two to descripe the song."Dirty and aggressive"or something like that.
In some..errr..library-related short story Main char. and libararian(who turned out to be a demon, i think!)are debating about wether or not it is adequate to have a GNR poster in the children section of the library.
There are more but I can't remember them anymore!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 01:20:49 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
HappyJoyous&Free
Rocker

Fan since '88 and hope to meet Axl to share a smile.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2003, 04:57:22 PM »

Well, I only get to watch cartoons mostly, but I do have a GNR cameo to mention  Smiley

On "Hey Arnold" (Nickelodeon), they are recapping the life of a washed up lounge singer who has apparently died.  One of his attemptes at a comeback is mentioned as a duet with GNR.  They show this guy with the original GNR members all leathered out and Axl leaning on his shoulder. [hihi]

Well, I was funny to me  Wink.  My guess is most of the 4-10 yr olds had no clue  [hihi] [hihi]

"Goin through life not collectin' anyone"
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2003, 06:08:53 PM »

Three Of Hearts. Kelly Lynch is a lesbian who wears a black leather jacket and a bandana and William Baldwin said she looked like Axl Rose.

I think Stephen King called Axl an asshole in one of his books.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2003, 04:22:58 PM »

On Five in the UK about 20 minutes ago they had this advert for an Arnie/Terminator night coming up.  It had this chick at a bar talking to this barman saying she was on a blind date or something and her date was supposed to be tall or something, then YCBM starts playing and she turns and Arnie in Terminator mode (even looks at her through that red screen thing - u know u see it through his eyes) all this time YCBM was playing it was like a flashback to T2 and the old days Grin

Just seen it again when he goes upto here naked he says i want ur boots your clothes and your motorcycle kinda cool ripping off T2 with YCBM playing
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 05:04:57 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2003, 04:46:22 PM »

IN the late 80's there is a horror flick, (and shit I can't remember the name) But SCOM is played at the end, I saw it 3 times just for that..Bad Dreams I thinkm the name is. [peace] [beer] [yes]

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2003, 04:49:52 PM »

"First Wives Club", 1996
Scene where Guns N' Roses is mentioned:
A lady finds many bottles of hard liquor
in the garbage and asks:
"Who'd you party with? Guns N' Roses?"

[hihi] yea I laugh at that part everytime I watch the movie.

It actually goes like this :

Lady #1 : I had guests.
Lady #2 : Who? Guns N Roses???

But whatever lol close enough...same shit..different pile..lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 04:53:06 PM by AxlRocks_MyWorld » Logged

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2003, 05:46:42 PM »

The film Mississippi Burning contains a speech by Willem Dafoe that is featured in Madagascar (Where does it come from...all this hate?). It also contains a speech by a great black actor whose name escapes me (I wanna tell you a story...)

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2003, 06:10:22 PM »

A couple Ive noticed recently...

I was watching an episode of the awful "Americas Funniest People", which most likely aired in '91, '92, and the host, David Coulier, says "When we return from commercial...",  something about thumbs-up, adding "...and Axl Rose will give us a hand gesture of a different kind."

An ad for the new "Headbangers Ball" has two guys talking and one says something like "...but it took Guns N' Roses tearing down the set to do that."

In the Mr. Show Seasons 1 & 2 DVD, a cast member observes during the audio commentary that the theme music for one of the skits can be sung to the tue of "Sweet Child O' Mine" and then sings it an Axl voice.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2003, 06:48:44 PM »

Sometime in the mid-90s there was a show on CBS called Middle Ages. It was about baby boomers, sort of like Thirtysomething, only these people were in their forties. I was watching one time when a guy was talking disparagingly about Geffen records, saying something like " how good can this company be when their biggest property is Axl Rose?". It really pissed me off at the time, even though I liked the show.

Also, there was an early episode of ER in which one of the female doctors was wearing an original GNR logo shirt (back of bullet/2 pistols/roses).  

I've seen enough.
CokeAddict
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2003, 07:53:37 PM »

Christina Applegate used to have a sitcom named Jesse, and they once had an episode flashback to the birth of her (Jesse's) son when she was a teenager.  I don't remember exactly, but I know she wanted to name the kid Axl and at some point she does an imitation of Axl moves, I think while in line for GNR tickets.
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2003, 08:16:34 PM »

Yeah and on the same sitcom, there was an episode, when they went to some strip club or something. Or restaurant where a male-stripper was acting and he was doing it to Welcome To The Jungle.

And as You remember in "Cost to cost with Space Ghost" on CartoonNetwok with Slash, which I never see, damm.

MoonMax
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2003, 08:32:30 PM »

i think its worth to mention that matt sorum directed a movie... called Sound Man. dunno if he acted in it though.... anyone seen it?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

Theres a Slash caricature in a recent South Park during a concert scene.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2003, 11:27:14 PM »

Slash also appears in the video for Sam Kinison's Wild Thing. He's smashing shit up and at the end falls into a wooden crate.

Tommy Lee, Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, C.C. deville, Bret Michaels and a couple others are in it too,.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2003, 08:44:33 AM »

did I missed it, or nobody mentioned DIRTY HARRY. There's a Welcome To The Jungle and the band on some boat and Slash is shooting with some harpon or I don't know.
A.L.R.
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2003, 12:34:28 PM »

For a recent Axl mention, in the MTV show MADE: I want to be a High School Graduate.  The kid has a coach to help him stay focused.  And one time hes walking through the halls with the high school kid and the coach says "What does Axl Rose go to this school?"  There was a guy with a leather jacket and long hair.  It was funny.  Its on all the time on MTV.

ehhh elllll errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: