Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:46:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 299003 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »

what was exactly said  Huh
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2007, 12:54:54 AM »

what was exactly said  Huh

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45026.msg931081#msg931081
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »

in an episode of one tree hill one dude and his father talks about what bands his father liked and he said he liked GNR and whitesnake and some other bands.. then in the end of the episode you can see they guy holding GNR's GH and reading the inlay
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »

GNR was referenced in the show Californication last night.  The main character (David Duchovany) who is a writer has had writer's block and was being interviewed by a DJ (Henry Rollins) and the DJ said something like "Hope it doesn't take you 10 years to write another book like it is taking GNR to put out their latest album"...some shit like that...it was not that funny...I think the writer of the show likes GNR because this is the show that they featured Tommy's "Light of Day" although the incorporation of GNR was just another rip on the album's delay...At least they are fucking relevant!!!  This album will be huge...the mystique of the album has trumped the album itself...Axl's plan is in full effect and working just like he wants it....
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »

Axl's plan is in full effect and working just like he wants it....

are you serious? confused

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

Axl's plan is in full effect and working just like he wants it....

are you serious? confused

I would think since Axl makes all the decisions and this is his ship that yes he is proceeding with his plan and I think his plan is working beautifully...yes it probably isolates some die hard fans who wait and wait but when the album is released they will be back for sure.  For the rest of the world has their ever been an album so anticipated? A New York times article...every store posting fake release dates...shit even the Atlantic Monthly was reporting the release of the album when it was tentatively slated for March, 2007.  References on countless late night talk shows, radio shows, TV Shows...it does not stop and will not stop until the album is released so than why release the fucker because the anticipation keeps growing and growing...Yes the majority of the press may be negative but who the fuck cares...surely not Axl cause in the end he will have the last laugh when first week sales kick ass....and while the release keeps getting pushed out Axl can tweak and fine tune the album to his satisfaction all the while still getting free publicity due to the album's delay.    So yes I am serious that Axl has a plan and it is being executed today, tomorrow, basically until he decides that the next act begins.  Why the tours?  To introduce the new band/new songs to the world in preparation for the GNR Locamotive ready to barrel through cities and stadiums once again and to maintain "The Relevance".  Somehow Axl has managed to make GNR still relevant throughout the world for 15 fucking years without an album.  If you are relevant than you have the control and relevance has been Axl's plan all along.  For Axl to capture the rights to the GNR name shows that only he knew the power of his past and the prowess of his future.  That said,  where the fuck is the album?  I am so fucking ready and done with him taking over my existence on the internet.
nawo69
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »

GNR was referenced in the show Californication last night.  The main character (David Duchovany) who is a writer has had writer's block and was being interviewed by a DJ (Henry Rollins) and the DJ said something like "Hope it doesn't take you 10 years to write another book like it is taking GNR to put out their latest album"...some shit like that...it was not that funny...I think the writer of the show likes GNR because this is the show that they featured Tommy's "Light of Day" although the incorporation of GNR was just another rip on the album's delay...At least they are fucking relevant!!!  This album will be huge...the mystique of the album has trumped the album itself...Axl's plan is in full effect and working just like he wants it....

This was the bit from Californication

DJ:-
"Some folk have compared the wait for your new novel to the decade plus wait from the new Guns N Roses album which one do you think will see the light of day first?"

Hank:-
"I would certainly hope I beat Guns N Roses to the punch because i want to get on Oprah book club" then there was some other stuff about Oprah
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2007, 05:40:38 PM »

I saw some American sitcom today, I don't know the title in english since it was translated.

Anyway, a guy said something that didn't make any sense (I was half asleep) and a girl replied:

"Really? That's like letting Axl Rose do anti-drug commercials."

rofl

I'm a damaged fan, but the delivery was perfect.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
cloudstrife
Opening Act

Here Today... gone shooting

« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »

I saw some American sitcom today, I don't know the title in english since it was translated.

Anyway, a guy said something that didn't make any sense (I was half asleep) and a girl replied:

rofl

was it Yes Dear?

Captain America's been torn apart...
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »

Was watching Sportsnet (a Canadian sportscenter news show) and they had a Toronto Blue Jays commercial where the catcher goes in the club house, gets on his equipment and sits down to turn on the T.V.  One of the posts in the room is a covered in a GnR poster.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »

I didn?t have time to read all the posts, so maybe this post is a " re run "

But....

In one episode of BH, 90210, Brandon meets this girl who?s ex boyfriend plays in a band and is very " violent" ( The rockers is played by Courtney Cox husband i think )
And one time Brandon says to him " Calm down Axl " To which he replies " Axl sold himself" And then walks away, looking pissed  hihi....The episode was aired sometime in the early 90?s... Roll Eyes

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
isa
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »

ok I don't know if another one had posted it, before. But in Gilmore Girls episode, the mom went to a house which belong to Lori's Dad, who has a little girl, the one who ruined a bedroom. N the mom (don't remember the name) said: "When Axl Rose left?" or something like that. 'Cause the bedroom was already destroyed!
calypso
Opening Act

Sorry for my english

« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

In the show My so-called life, in the first episode, Angela (Claire Danes) dies her hair red. Her parents are in shock a little bit.
Her dad says to her: Oh... well I can see it now: social world, wild parties...Axl Rose.

I have a question. In Pulp Fiction, has anyone noticed how the guy that helps Uma when she's almost dying looks really like Axl. I always thought it was intentionnal. If I remember correctly, he's wearing a kilt or at least a skirt and has long red hair.
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2007, 04:53:05 PM »

i think the show was called FIRSTWAVE, some sci fi show, where the character is wanted for a crime so always on the run but doing detective work. so always using alias's, anyways he was acting as a music promoter and said he was working on a Guns N'Roses reunion tour.

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »

rofl

Not trying to be ultra-sensitive on Axl's behalf, but it stinks that he gets dragged down like that with a drug referance when from everything I've ever heard Axl never really had a problem with drugs other than the problem he had with his band mates using too much of them. Not that Axl never did any drugs or should be on D.A.R.E. posters or something but still it's not like he had a problem as bad as a ton of other rock stars popular at or around the same years he was. Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, and Bradley Knowles: Dead.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Rose Democracy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »

Let's see , Axl is mentioned on the movie lady in the water.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »

rofl

Not trying to be ultra-sensitive on Axl's behalf, but it stinks that he gets dragged down like that with a drug referance when from everything I've ever heard Axl never really had a problem with drugs other than the problem he had with his band mates using too much of them. Not that Axl never did any drugs or should be on D.A.R.E. posters or something but still it's not like he had a problem as bad as a ton of other rock stars popular at or around the same years he was. Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, and Bradley Knowles: Dead.

you mean: Nowell  Wink
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »

Not trying to be ultra-sensitive on Axl's behalf, but it stinks that he gets dragged down like that with a drug referance when from everything I've ever heard Axl never really had a problem with drugs other than the problem he had with his band mates using too much of them.

Axl's none too fond of dealers either.
 rant

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

In the movie " The First Wives Club"  One of the characters has a shitload of empty booze bottles in her sink, and when its pointed out she says, "Oh I had some people over" ( I"m paraphrasing) to which the Bette Midler character replies, "Who? Guns N' Roses?"

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2007, 12:58:37 PM »

for all the swedes with TV6 i can tell ya that they will do a GNR tattoo on miami ink tonight, the programme starts in 3 minutes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: