Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment  (Read 18379 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »

If drugs are indeed the cause, it's all so very stupid, and all so very sad.  My condolences to his family, especially his little girl.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »

I think michelle williams did the right thing in distancing herself. He might have died anyway, imagine if his little girl was the one to find him dead instead of that masseuse ?

Nothing to say
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »

Dude this is so sad. I mean if you fuck around with drugs, you bring it on yourself, but still dude. Wow.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

At the risk of sounding like an ass (like usual for me)...the thing that pisses me off about this type of thing is the waste of it all.  It's such a selfish act.  If you're gonna lose it, I mean really go off the deep end, give all your money to charity.  Go meet some people with real problems and try and put things into perspective.  There are kids with cancer in the world...there are people who really need help out there...and then there's the 2 year old mentioned earlier who needs him most of all.  Unfortunately not everybody has the ability to think beyond their self.  If something's not working for you, fame, your job, whatever, get out!  (not out of this world by taking your life).  I sure hope this was an accident...unfortunately, to off yourself with a ton of pills would probably mean it was intentional.  If he had a 2 year old, what a scumbag...that's even worse.    Angry

As always I agree with everything you have said here.

It's all very selfish.  
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 07:08:16 PM »

Wow... Insane, RIP

This is the first big one of 08  no
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:10 PM »

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.  Most of all, his two year old daughter.  May he rest in peace.

Ali
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »

Just another dead celebrity. RIP

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »

I think michelle williams did the right thing in distancing herself. He might have died anyway, imagine if his little girl was the one to find him dead instead of that masseuse ?

Actually i believe it was the housekeeper who found him. She came in to tell him the masseuse has arrived i believe.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »

hmm to bad

what movies was he in? i forget i keep thinking he was in a WWII flick or something but i can't remember what.

R.I.P
peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 08:09:13 PM »

I love the holier than thou mindset of the people who clearly weren't experiencing the pain and weren't in the same headspace as the man who quite possibly killed himself, condemning him for "abandoning his daughter" like you have the goddamn right.

Fuck.

You.

RIP Heath, an enormous talent lost.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

I love the holier than thou mindset of the people who clearly weren't experiencing the pain and weren't in the same headspace as the man who quite possibly killed himself, condemning him for "abandoning his daughter" like you have the goddamn right.

Fuck.

You.

beer

Life isn't always as glamorous as it seems , it's possible he was facing some dark times , or he became self-indulged in his character , or it was an accident we should find out soon..

R.I.P
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »

Never judge anybody

I love and respect all of u on here but Talking shit about Heath isn't cool at all.

No one could possibly know what he could've been going through

Also, it may have been an accident, so no one should made any assumptions at this point.

I liked the guy as an actor and it really sucks that he died.

RIP

People need to stop being disrespectful.

I know he had a daughter but still, it aint right to be so harsh on someone.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

I wonder if it was mind altering hallucinogenics he was on to try to "think" more like the joker.  I read to get in character he locked himself in a hotel room for a month and tried to think how being a serial killer would be funny (or something twisted like that).

stinks hes dead.  very young talent.  he was amazing in brokeback.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »

Fuck.

You.

I couldn't agree with you more. He was a fantastic actor and its so sad. R.I.P

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »

Fuck.

You.

Hey, flame away pal, that's cool.  Remember though, I made my condemnation conditional.  Who knows, maybe his death was an accidental overdose.  If however, he willingly took his own life and left his 2 year old girl fatherless, I stand by my "scumbag" statement.  Talented, sure, but like Kurt Cobain...a scumbag.  

I am amused by the irony of your calling me "holier than thou" though...I haven't been to Church in many, many years!   Grin  That was cute.  Smiley

"I love the holier than thou mindset of the people who clearly weren't experiencing the pain and weren't in the same headspace as the man who quite possibly killed himself, condemning him for "abandoning his daughter" like you have the goddamn right."

That little girl sure will experience pain......Yes, I have the "goddamn right"

I made all my comments conditional on the circumstances of his death. 

D, I respect you and everybody else here, but I respectfully disagree with the statement, "Never judge anybody."  Hell, we judge people all the time.  Whether it be athletes, politicians, or movie stars, it's part of what we do.  Nobody here has been disrespectful to Heath Ledger. (except for the "just another dead celebrity" b.s.)  All other comments have been conditional.  If this was an accident every person here is in agreement that it was just a completely tragic accident.     

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »

I think traditional Batman fans will easily blame this on the Joker character, and mabye unfairly.... They are used to a cheery Joker...
With this dark persona he is playing, this will convince people this consumed him..

FYI this is the second related death with this movie... I remember reading a crew member was killed on set a few months back.... Also they had to cancel a scene due to a contaminated lake... Seems wrapped in a dark cloud...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »

^^ god i hated all the batman movies. I get so  Roll Eyes when people rave about Nicholson in the first one.  That movie was a stinker.

the batman cartoon has a better portrayal of the joker than the 80s movie did.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:26 PM »

"Never judge anybody."  Hell, we judge people all the time.  Whether it be athletes, politicians, or movie stars, it's part of what we do. 

I won't be as nice as you. That's got to be one of the dumbest things I ever read on a message board - you can't make it through the day without judging people, whether they are celebrities or anyone else, it's totally ridiculous and meaningless.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »

Which is?

Plus the movie was 90 or 91(not that it matters)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:38:06 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »

Which is?

Plus the movie was 90 or 91(not that it matters)

the movie was '89. and i agree with butters. the joker in batman the animated series is the definitive joker for me. he was perfect. and not many know this, but mark hamill did the voice for him!!

although judging by the trailer, i think heath's joker might top it for me. its gonna feel so weird watching that movie this summer....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:49:30 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: