Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 77252 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »

I thought we were "talking" about a box set; not CD.

There you go, thinking again.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 01:19:35 AM »

Interesting ideas.

One problem though, he suggests adding some vintage merchandise.

Why would they include anything having to do with the old band? It makes no sense....

/jarmo

I agree...Slash and Duff have not been in the band for over 10 years, Steven its been 18 years...Izzy has been out of the band since 1991..with the exception of some  gigs here and there.....it makes ZERO sense to include anything with them playing on it....if Universal wanted to include some bonus material of some classic songs they have the past 2 years of concerts to choose from with the new band playing the hell out of those songs...why not use one of the Hammerstein shows from 2006? or even some of the festivals from the summer of 2006?? Using any of the old members is disrepectful to Axl and the new members for all the work that has been put into this record over the years....and I say "new" members but most of the band have been in the picture since the late 90's/early 00's with the exception of BBF and Frank...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008, 01:34:01 AM »

great post and a good read i REALLY like number 2 yes

Anything that would happen thats anywhere close to those lines mentioned in the thread post would totally make my year and my fill a huge hole in my brain that is hungry for CHINESE!

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008, 01:37:14 AM »

Give me a few more drinks, and rote memory will take over.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 01:41:45 AM »

I heard you were released in a box set back in the 70's, any truth to that?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 01:52:01 AM »

I heard you were released in a box set back in the 70's, any truth to that?

That was just the Coroner's wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:53:48 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2008, 02:34:09 AM »

We arent talkin about CD

The old members get no credit for CHinese Democracy if a video, Say Ritz88 or Chicago 92 OR HOW BOUT THAT 3 HOUR PLUS SHOW FROM LA that is now legendary.

Put that IN A BOXSET!

If Axl were even smarter, Do the PPV thing, That truly is awesome. Even if 50,000 buy it for 30 bucks, thats over a million bucks.

The boxset is a tribute to the fans

U can't have a tribute to the fans without including works from your entire history, so a DVD of the old band wouldn't take away from the new band. It would just show the changing of the guard.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008, 02:39:19 AM »

DVD(s) of the new shit would be killer.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »

DVD(s) of the new shit would be killer.

and stinky too .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008, 06:29:04 AM »

Interesting ideas.

Why would they include anything having to do with the old band? It makes no sense....

/jarmo

Why not?  I think he's made no secret he holds everything they've done in high regards...  I don't think you can fairly rule ANYTHING out with him!!!
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 06:41:43 AM »

I'm propably a very boring fan: I don't need toys or posters, I don't need DVD:s, I don't need live internet-shit. I have nothing against those things, fine with me, just don't rub it into my face.

I only need a normal cd, 12-16 new GNR-songs.
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 08:38:50 AM »

We arent talkin about CD

The old members get no credit for CHinese Democracy if a video, Say Ritz88 or Chicago 92 OR HOW BOUT THAT 3 HOUR PLUS SHOW FROM LA that is now legendary.

Put that IN A BOXSET!

If Axl were even smarter, Do the PPV thing, That truly is awesome. Even if 50,000 buy it for 30 bucks, thats over a million bucks.

The boxset is a tribute to the fans

U can't have a tribute to the fans without including works from your entire history, so a DVD of the old band wouldn't take away from the new band. It would just show the changing of the guard.

I think  you missed understood the original post. The article was offering ideas to release CD! After the digital Download ran it's course, he suggested releasing a box set of CD for the fans that want a physical product. Therefore this "boxset" would be strictly about CD, according to the author's ideas, and not a history of the band. He just threw in the vintage idea because Radiohead did that. I can see what you are saying if they were to release a box set that was spanning the career of GNR or like "GNR 86-200?" but since this would be a release for CD, the vintage stuff doesn't really belong.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

^ Agreed. It's more like a special package, not a history box. Also, as I said earlier, the target for this box would be the fan base and we don't need any reminder to connect both eras of the band.

With so many years of waiting, how can a fan wouldn't be hungry for NEW material instead of just old shit that you have already acess online?

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »

An $80 box set? I don't get it-it's all about the first single, whether it takes off-and a pay per interview would be silly just to give it to the die hard fand who would buy a box set-Axl has an interesting story to tell about the last ten years, why would he give the first interview on pay per view? Rolling Stone, Blender, Entertainment Weekly all would most likely feature his interviews, and this should be done before the album comes out-an interview would wind up on you tube the next day anyway-they do not need to market to the people on this board to sell records

libertad
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »

if there was some kind of vintage stuff i'd only be interrested if itr was like some folks here are saying, like a way to introduce how the band members today became bandmembers.. like if there are some audition tapes from when they got maybe fortus and stuff like that.. filmed rehearsals etc.

but not from an old show that belongs to GH stuff like Jarmo said. like whenever they are introduced to the RnRHoF they can release the inglewood show (that the 3+ hour gig right?) on DVD or something ok
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »

I think D was on the same wave length as me. You need to have something to bridge that gap.
Ultimately though, he just needs to release this album once and for all. The guy is still one of
the GREATEST rock singers of all-time!!! 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »

something to bridge that gap

something like that re-recorded AFD?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

We arent talkin about CD

You apparently didn't understand the article in that case.  Huh

It's all about Chinese Democracy and how they could put it out in different forms.

The CD box set mentioned in the article is supposed to be something similar to what Radiohead did with their latest album.

Quoting Wikipedia: It contains the album on CD and two 12" heavyweight 45 rpm vinyl records with artwork and lyric booklets. The box includes a second enhanced CD which contains 8 additional tracks, as well as digital photos and artwork. The overall set is packaged in a hardcover book and slipcase. The "discbox", priced at ?40 (approx. US$80), also includes the MP3 download.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »

Interesting ideas.

/jarmo

Actually it makes perfect sense since the initial response by non fanatics like us is going to be cool GNR is back! With out knowing that this is a different Gun N Roses. It will make believers out of those who don't know.

They are going to release a bottle of Nightrain with CD.  See defination of vintage:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vintage

vin?tage      /ˈvɪntɪdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vin-tij] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, adjective, verb, -taged, -tag?ing.
?noun 1. the wine from a particular harvest or crop. 
2. the annual produce of the grape harvest, esp. with reference to the wine obtained. 
3. an exceptionally fine wine from the crop of a good year. 
4. the time of gathering grapes, or of winemaking. 
5. the act or process of producing wine; winemaking

hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »

Just to point it out, there's an another great article by this writer about the Illusions:

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2007/12/guns-n-roses-revolutionary-illusions.html

Its also a great read. ok

Edited: I found out that this guy wrote that excellent review of Chicago 06 gig:

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2006/12/guns-n-roses-appetite-of-determination.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:02:38 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: