Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Join the HTGTH 2008 Nascar season Yahoo league!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Join the HTGTH 2008 Nascar season Yahoo league!!  (Read 90001 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2008, 07:47:49 AM »

Biffle blew up on me!  Same thing happened to me with Newman a few weeks back.

I think he's probably done with Rousch racing and I hope so. I'd love to see him in a Chevrolet.

I really like the idea of the burnout contest before the race.  Al Gore must be going nuts!

Hahahaha....I love it! Gore can choke on it!  rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »

Now that Bobby Labonte has re-signed with Petty, Biffle is a prime candidate for the fourth seat at RCR.

He would be a great spokesman for Cheerios.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »

Now that Bobby Labonte has re-signed with Petty, Biffle is a prime candidate for the fourth seat at RCR.

I thought rumor was, Biffle might drive the #20 car if Tony Stewart decided to leave JGR.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

I thought rumor was, Biffle might drive the #20 car if Tony Stewart decided to leave JGR.

To the best of my knowledge, Stewart is keeping the seat warm for young Joey Logano.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »

Do you think Tony will leave JGR before his contract is up?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

Do you think Tony will leave JGR before his contract is up?

I hope so.  I really want to see him back in a Chevrolet.  Hamlin and Busch can choke on their ill gotten wins for all I care.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2008, 05:42:52 PM »

I hope so.  I really want to see him back in a Chevrolet.  Hamlin and Busch can choke on their ill gotten wins for all I care.

I completely agree with you.  rofl

And yes, it would be real nice to see Tony back in a Chevrolet.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »

I completely agree with you.  rofl

And yes, it would be real nice to see Tony back in a Chevrolet.

He could really transform that Haas operation.  Scott Riggs isn't exactly....good.

I don't think anyone could properly payback Busch.  Because being the idiot that he is, he will come back and wreck the other guy the next week or even during the caution period!  Suspensions wouldn't work, maybe an outright ban would.

He really needs to eat some concrete to see how lucky he is to be in this sport.

(But dadgum it, he really reminds me of Earnhardt Sr. so I can't be too mad at him.  If only Junior had that same drive.)

Another thing about the Busch Bros.  They both have had their share of controversy, and I have to go ahead and question their parents ability to raise them.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »

Another thing about the Busch Bros.  They both have had their share of controversy, and I have to go ahead and question their parents ability to raise them.

Kurt was once riding high himself and now he struggles week after week. It's only a matter of time and I think Kyle's luck will run out and someone's going to get tired of his antics and put him out of a race intentionally.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2008, 06:04:03 PM »

Kurt was once riding high himself and now he struggles week after week. It's only a matter of time and I think Kyle's luck will run out and someone's going to get tired of his antics and put him out of a race intentionally.

And Kyle was a nobody at Hendrick.  The only reason he is doing so well now is because Toyota is making 20 more horsepower than the next leading engine shop.

There isn't a third Busch brother, is there?  hihi  I'm getting tired of them!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »

And Kyle was a nobody at Hendrick.  The only reason he is doing so well now is because Toyota is making 20 more horsepower than the next leading engine shop.

There isn't a third Busch brother, is there?  hihi  I'm getting tired of them!

And it won't be long until Chevrolet catches up with Toyota on the horsepower. There's just no way Chevrolet is going to sit back and let this happen for much longer.

I sure hope there isn't another Busch brother on his way up.  Grin

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

What do you think of all these teams adding an assload of yaw in their right rear?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »

What do you think of all these teams adding an assload of yaw in their right rear?

I'm not comprehending your question?  Embarrassed

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=3389130
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »

I did hear Carl Edwards talk about this on Wind Tunnel the other night. His answer was kind of bogus about how he was driving the car and how others drive the car the same way. I didn't believe it though. It has to be in the set up.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »

Watch the cars go down the straightaway, they look like they are almost drifting but they are going straight!

I was hoping with the new car, there wouldn't be such a premium on aerodynamics, but it isn't the case sadly.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2008, 06:58:13 PM »

I heard where NASCAR is looking into this setup very close. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a new rule pretty soon trying to put the car back on an equal level for the rest of the cars.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »

I'm about sick and tired of Denny Hamlin's antics on the track.  rant

Did anyone see what he did to Brad Keselowski at the near end of the Grand National race?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »

Dale Jr. wins at Michigan

Earnhardt wins on fumes

By MIKE HARRIS, AP Auto Racing Writer 46 minutes ago

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP)?Dale Earnhardt Jr. ended his 76-race winless string Sunday, coasting to victory at Michigan International Speedway under a caution flag with little but fumes left in his gas tank.

NASCAR?s most popular driver gave his new boss, Rick Hendrick, only his second victory of the season as he somehow squeezed enough gas out of his last fillup to go three laps beyond the regulation finish in the Lifelock 400.

A spin by Patrick Carpentier on the 203rd lap brought out the final caution and probably saved the victory for Earnhardt, who ran out of gas moments after crossing the finish line behind the pace car.

?It is what it is man,? the jubilant Earnhardt said. ?We were going to stay out there no matter what.?

Asked if he could have made it if the green flag had stayed out, Earnhardt said, ?We were going to stumble to the finish and probably not win the race. We weren?t going to finish. The yellow saved us.

?They can write what they want, but we won one.?

After leaving the team his late father founded to drive for Hendrick?s juggernaut this year, Earnhardt began the new phase of his career with two non-points victories at Daytona in February. But, despite running well so far this season, that promising start did not lead to any victories in the first 14 Cup races.

?We started out and he won the (Budweiser) Clash and the 150 (qualifying race) and we said, `We don?t have to worry about winning a race now.? Then nobody counted it because it wasn?t a points race,? Hendrick said in Victory Circle. ?We?ve been waiting for this. Been so close.?

Earnhardt was as relieved as he was joyful about his 18th career victory and first on Michigan?s two-mile oval.

?This is pretty meaningful because it?s with Rick,? he said. ?He?s such a great man because he?s been through so much. I?m glad to be able to win for him, for Tony (Eury) Jr., for the team for believing in me.?

It was a typical Michigan race, coming down to who saved the most gas at the end.

As the laps wound down, driver after driver was forced to pit for a splash of gas, but Earnhardt, whose last victory came on May 6, 2006, at Richmond, wasn?t about to stop.

Eury, the crew chief who followed Earnhardt to Hendrick, kept telling his drive to slow down and try to conserve gas.

It was still a big gamble with just over two laps to the scheduled 200-lap finish when former IndyCar champion Sam Hornish Jr. brought out a caution flag with a spin. That extended the race to overtime and, by the time the green flag waved again on lap 202, Earnhardt and his team had no idea if he could make it to the finish.

He did, barely.

Kasey Kahne, coming off a victory the previous week in Pocono, finished second and almost came up with his fourth victory in his last five starts, including the non-points all-star race last month in Charlotte.

?It was pretty close there,? Kahne said. ?We topped off there and I think we pretty much had the most fuel of anybody out there. We did the best thing we could do today to get a good finish. the team did a good job.?

Officials look over the car of Patrick Carpentier (10) as NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. crosses the finish line ahead of Kasey Kahne (9), Matt Kenseth (17) and Brian Vickers (83) to win the LifeLock 400 win at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Mich., Sunday, June 15, 2008.
Officials look over the car of?

Matt Kenseth finished third, followed by Brian Vickers, Tony Stewart and two-time defending Cup champion Jimmie Johnson.

Kenseth, who led several times, said he might have won the race if not for mishap in the pits on his last stop. A NASCAR officials, apparently thinking Kenseth was going to take four tires instead of two, walked in front of his car just as the former series champion started out of his pit. Kenseth didn?t hit the officials, but the hesitation cost him valuable seconds.

?I was hoping for some kind of break (from NASCAR),? Kenseth said. ?The official walked in front of the car as I was ready to go. It was either I run him down or wait for him to move. The car just came up short because of circumstances and strategy.?

Series points leader Kyle Busch finished a less than memorable three-race weekend with a 13th-place finish. The youngster, with 10 victories this season in NASCAR?s three top series, finished seventh in the truck race here Saturday, drawing criticism when he spun out Ron Hornaday Jr. near the end. Busch then flew to Kentucky, where he crashed and finished 30th in a Nationwide race.

But Cup runner-up Jeff Burton finished 15th Sunday and still trails Busch by 32 points, with Earnhardt 84 behind in third. Defending race winner Carl Edwards finished seventh and goes to next week?s race on the road course in Sonoma, Calif., fourth in the standings, 206 points behind.

Source:
Yahoo - http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Aj5fctSlkrkaw2waHOKbZbLov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-michigan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2008, 03:51:45 AM »

He won!

He finally won!

If we were to conduct an EKG on my heart, it would show I suffered several small heart attacks from the time he took the lead from McMurray, from the time he took the checkered flag!

(Fuck the burnout!)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: