Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 38011 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

But maybe you'd rather have them sit at home....

I want them to conquer the world again. Clearly, they will never accomplish this goal in the near term either sitting at home or on the road without an album to support.

If I was forced to choose between either of these two actions, I prefer sitting at the table with the entire meal in front of me to getting small bites over a long period of time. Of course, if Axl wants to raise money to buy the album from Universal, I would strongly suggest everyone buy twice the usual number of tickets.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »

if it's just the same playlist, i don't get the point to do a tour now.

For fun? For the fans at the shows?

I'm not saying they will, I'm saying I don't see why it would suck if they did.

I just don't see it.

Think about it.

The album's done, they'd go play in South America (or somewhere else), release the album and play the rest of the planet. Why would that suck?  Huh

/jarmo

where did you read i wrote it will sucks ? bon jovi sucks, velvet revolver sucks, sometimes this board sucks, but i never said guns n'roses sucks in any way  hihi

i just don't see a personal interest seeing the same show again even if there's always little changes, due to the price of the show places.
i used to listen appetite for almost 20 years now, i need some fresh blood. the album is done, so what is the problem to play new stuff we don't know yet ?
i just need excitment.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2008, 11:58:22 AM »

I want them to conquer the world again. Clearly, they will never accomplish this goal in the near term either sitting at home or on the road without an album to support.

Me too.

I just don't see how a tour before the album is out would prevent it.

Especially if the tour was in a place where they haven't seen GN'R in years.

I assume the tour would be scheduled not to interfere with any promotional activities.

i just don't see a personal interest seeing the same show again even if there's always little changes, due to the price of the show places.

And if they're not playing in France?

Would it still bother you knowing that you wouldn't make it to that show even if the album was out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?
Who said any gnr show without the album wasnt kick ass?

I don't see how the two are related.
Because as Axl said in 2002 at the vmas, things will be taken one step at a time. It just seems like we are stuck on the same step for quite awhile.

Maybe you should think about what you're doing a bit more before throwing around insults?

Last time you didn't think before posting you ended up banned and were begging me to let you back in.

I won't make that mistake again.
I know your anxiously awaiting for me to mess up and insult someone. I wont. I rarely do.

Again, you are the one who starts with the insults. Your insinuations that Im a whiner and I act like a child, I dont think, along with your changing of the voices insert comments here etc, can all be considered insults. So if you want to come at me with smart ass comments I figure its fair game for me to throw some digs at you.
So if its not then dont "insult" me. I dont mind it you can insult me all you want...Im not insulted! But obiviously you are....I wonder why  Lips Sealed

You'd love that wouldn't you?

To have a discussion about nothing where you can present your "facts".
Generally, there are no such things as facts in GNR world.

What I would really love is to be able to discuss certain things with people who are more open minded and realize that not everything is rosey every step of the way.

It's apparent to most here that your idea of a discussion is you repeating the same whiny shit that you've posted for years WITHOUT considering the possible reasons or offering ANY kind of solutions.
Not really. Actually I have "whined" only in the last yr/ yr n a half. Before that you never had a problem with what I said...or the "insults" I dished out to the "haters".....

I asked you what you were gonna do about the fact that you sound like a broken record and you basically said you were gonna keep doing it.
No, I said I was going to continue doing what I have been doing for the past 7 yrs.....
sit back, support, discuss, and enjoy the crazy ride.

For you, what I say, may sound like a broken record....for others, it might actually make sense. We dont need you deciding that.
or offering ANY kind of solutions
I cant offer any solutions because I do not know the full details of all the situations. Nor does any1 else here. Hence, speculation occurs....

speculation has been part of the gnr world since the original band. Why are you offended by it?

What? No, I don't care what you think.
You do because last time we had a discussion I said there is no sense in arguing with someone who sees no wrong with GNR. You were offended/insulted.

Should I apologize because I don't get off on dwelling about things I know nothing about and because I know everything is done for a reason?

A mistake is something everybody makes at one point. But most of us don't do them on purpose.

I dont get off on dwelling on it either. But it is what it is. We all know the situation. Some choose to not say a word and some do. Theres no right or wrong on either side.

Why are we talking about mistakes?....according to you gnr have made no mistakes

So you want people not to dwell on the negative because bands make mistakes? or because gnr have made no mistakes? you cant have it both ways.

Several others have managed to get thir points across in this thread without insults, but not you. For you it's always personal.
Jarmo, you are the one with the sarcastic remarks not me. You want to dish it out but then you cant take it. Again, you cant have it both ways.

So think a bit about what you're doing, because the only thing this is gonna lead to is that, sooner or later, you'll be begging me to let you back in here and I won't make that mistake again.
not really. If I dont insult you or anyone here, you cant ban me...well I guess you could but then it will just show what type of person you really are...and what your real agenda is around here

All I do is state my opinion on certain topics. You choose to "present the facts" to me. Thats fine. But there are no rules here that say you cant state an opinion...Its obivious you want some sort of dispute with me so you can ban me or something.  

But maybe you'd rather have them sit at home....
Yea, in a perfect world FOR ME, I wished they would have went on the 02 tour,and then "wrapped the baby up" and then release it sometime in 03/04 or even 05.
That way I would have not heard the new leaks and I would have enjoyed the album that much more....

I have always said since day 1, I rather have the album out first even before any kind of touring.

You won't have to read my replies to your "discussions" and you certainly won't have to get yourself banned for insulting me again (because you make everything personal against me).
Again. if you cant take an insult then dont insult people. Is obivious you want me out of here.

I dont need to take a break. This is a message board and we are discussing our opinions on the state of gnr and what we hope/wish/dream what might happen or want to happen. I dont need you to set me straight with gnr facts. You are like the rest of us...you dont know any or much. So you are on the same level as everyone here in terms of discussing gnr.

if the discussion sounds like a broken record why would you blame me or any1 else? Maybe its because our fav band has been stuck for quite some time now? Maybe you should blame them? or blame the label? or blame whoever?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:22:37 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »

There are no forces physically preventing the band from touring. If Axl wants to go out again, raise some cash or awareness, then more power to him. But, and I am not going out on the limb here,  the perception is that a tour without an album in support is not only a redundancy but a sign that the release is not imminent. It is understandable that fans would be concerned, especially in lieu of 02/06/07.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

Especially if the tour was in a place where they haven't seen GN'R in years.

Fans of South America deserve a tour, any tour. Most of the world has already experienced them, so it would be kinda right if they could see them next.

...after that GNR is very welcome to Finland again..  Wink

To be honest, I don't mind if they tour again without an album, I'm just happy to know they're rocking somewhere. It's just a funny, comforting feeling.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »

No probs with the band touring, if they want to play more power to 'em.

I think they've gotta pick their spots though, stay in parts of the world where they'll pack the venues and get a positive vibe.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

But, and I am not going out on the limb here,  the perception is that a tour without an album in support is not only a redundancy but a sign that the release is not imminent. It is understandable that fans would be concerned, especially in lieu of 02/06/07.

KV isnt it funny how some people here claim that a GNR tour has nothing to do with the album? Yet the reason part of the last tour was cancelled was to finish up the album? I dont get it.

If the album is indeed finished and handed over I have no problem with them touring. They can tour all they want. But there is no official word on the status of CD so all we have is history. And hitsory tells us when GNr tour its to get out of the studio, make some money to help fund the band, and then when the tour ends...finish up the recording.

or are my facts wrong on that?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »

It just seems like we are stuck on the same step for quite awhile.

Holy shit....

Again, you are the one who starts with the insults. Your insinuations that Im a whiner and I act like a child, I dont think, along with your changing of the voices insert comments here etc, can all be considered insults. So if you want to come at me with smart ass comments I figure its fair game for me to throw some digs at you.
So if its not then dont "insult" me. I dont mind it you can insult me all you want...Im not insulted!.

You remind me of a kid crying to get things his way.

You know there are things that explain everything, you choose to ignore and go on "crying".

You on the other hand called me a groupie.

Generally, there are no such things as facts in GNR world.

What the hell?

What I would really love is to be able to discuss certain things with people who are more open minded and realize that not everything is rosey every step of the way.

What I would love is for you to think.

I tried it once and you just made fun of the whole idea.

As I said multiple times, and you ignored it as many times, you're just repeating yourself with no intention of trying to change. Why?

You know you can't have the album, you still go on and on about wanting it.

Sorry if it reminds me of a kid who's crying for candy and is told time after time that he can't have any candy today.

That's how you come across.

Even kids might stop once they understand the reason for the "no candy".

Not really. Actually I have "whined" only in the last yr/ yr n a half. Before that you never had a problem with what I said...or the "insults" I dished out to the "haters"......

No, I generally don't have problems with people who come to a GN'R site and support the band.

Is that childish?

Maybe it's being a groupie?

No, I said I was going to continue doing what I have been doing for the past 7 yrs.....
sit back, support, discuss, and enjoy the crazy ride.

For you what I say may sound like a broken record....for others, it might actually make sense. We dont need you deciding that.

Who's we?

You're such a supporter... As leatherebel pointed out. You're clearly behind this band!

I'm free to decide whatever the fuck I feel like deciding. You on the other hand should remember that you're only a guest here and you're posting because I let you back after you were baned last time.

I cant offer any solutions because I do not know the full details of all the situations. Nor does any1 else here. Hence, speculation occurs....

No, you don't even speculate!

You just want the album out. No buts or ifs.

If you did, you might actually stop the whole act and realize it's pointless to repeat the same line when you know for a fact that it's boring and theres a reason for everything.

speculation has been part of the gnr world since the original band. Why are you offended by it?

How am I offended?

You are the one who never even bothers to try to see things or understand the problems.

I don't have a problem with you trying to understand why the album isn't out. Too bad you have.

You do because last time we had a discussion I said there is no sense in arguing with someone who sees no wrong with GNR. You were offended/insulted.

Maybe I'm offended by stupidity.

You say there's no sense and you keep ding it.

I offered you a simple solution to yuor problem. You didn't liike it.

Why are we talking about mistakes?....according to you gnr have made no mistakes

I didn't say that. I said everybody makes mistakes but most of us don't make them knowing that it's a mistake!

It's easy to "sit back, support and discuss" when you can point out mistakes without having to take any kind of facts/reasons into account.

not really. If I dont insult anyone you or anyone here you cant ban me...you can but then it will just show what type of person you really are...and what your real agenda is around here

What kind of person I really am? What would you know about it? Nothing! You and your friend are too busy thinking about what kind of person you think I am.

I'm possibly the most patient person you've come across.

All I do is state my opinion on certain topics. You choose to "present the facts" to me. Thats fine.

That's what a fucking discussion is about. The thing you say you want to do.

What the fuck did you think t was?

The issue here is that EVERYBODY else seems to be able to take those facts in, process them, think about it and then make another response in the thread. Without trying to make it personal and without adding the insults.

You and your friend can't.

It's always "you think you speak for the band" or "you only think that because you met band members". Nobody else makes those remarks except the two of you.

Why is that?

I have always said since day 1, I rather have the album out first even before any kind of touring.

Put it in your signature and don't post it.

Problem solved.  ok

Again. if you cant take an insult then dont insult people. Is obivious you want me out of here.

Hello? You see insults that aren't even there.

Ask your friend how come he likes to point out to people that they weren't fans back in the day when he was one. Maybe he can tell you how you're not as big fan as he is since I bet you weren't rocking out to AFD in 1988.....

I dont need to take a break. This is a message board and we are discussing our opinions on the state of gnr and what we hope/wish/dream what might happen or want to happen. I dont need you to set me straight with gnr facts.

Again, you don't need me. You're here to discuss, but you don't need anybody to correct you when you're wrong.

I don't know what you're after. Maybe talking to a mirror would work better for you?

Everybody else is fine with the idea of getting replies in a discussion. Not you!

You are like the rest of us...you dont know any or much. So you are on the same level as everyone here in terms of discussing gnr.

Making it personal again. The old "who do you think you are" routine.

How many times per day can you do this?

And who the fuck do you think you are?

As your friend should remind you, you weren't even around when AFD was the latest GN'R album!

There are no forces physically preventing the band from touring. If Axl wants to go out again, raise some cash or awareness, then more power to him. But, and I am not going out on the limb here,  the perception is that a tour without an album in support is not only a redundancy but a sign that the release is not imminent. It is understandable that fans would be concerned, especially in lieu of 02/06/07.

The difference is that the album wasn't done in 2002 or 2006.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:40:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »

Albums will be out eventually. it's done. now the band better sit about at home?

I'm not reading those quibbles with the rumoured tour. why can't handfuls on the net mind their fin business?
even if they were from poland they just wouldn't make sense.

I think they've gotta pick their spots though, stay in parts of the world where they'll pack the venues and get a positive vibe.

These days the band gives off overwhelming positive vibes on stage.

Fans of South America deserve a tour, any tour. Most of the world has already experienced them,
don't forget Bulgaria S africa and some Asian countries.  yes
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2008, 12:51:58 PM »

The difference is negligible if there are problems at the label. Eddie Trunk expressed just such sentiment in his blog.

Albums will be out eventually. it's done. now the band better sit about at home?

Eventually is not strong enough of a word to dispel my fears. Smile was released eventually. Rumors of problems at Universal worry me to the point where even the great news that the album has been turned has been tempered.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:57:55 PM by killingvector » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

I don't think GNR can do anything for the problems the label faces.

Eventually is not strong enough of a word to dispel my fears. Smile was released eventually. Rumors of problems at Universal worry me to the point where even the great news that the album has been turned has been tempered.
was it like brain wilson couldn't release the album for long time after he finished it due to his label's problems?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:10:14 PM by ppbebe » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »

The difference is negligible if there are problems at the label. Eddie Trunk expressed just such sentiment in his blog.

Yeah. All I'm saying is, if everything is fine, I don't see the problem with a tour.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »

What the hell?
What dont you understand? In the land of GNr facts dont usually hold up. Or am I making that up?

You know you can't have the album, you still go on and on about wanting it.
no I dont. Where in this thread do I demand the album? I think everyone here wants the album. How am I different? Im sorry I rather them finish the album before touring. Im patient like that ok

Sorry if it reminds me of a kid who's crying for candy and is told time after time that he can't have any candy today.

That's how you come across.

If I described how your comments came across then you would label them as insults. So I wont go there. You win!

I'm free to decide whatever the fuck I feel like deciding. You on the other hand should remember that you're only a guest here and you're posting because I let you back after you were baned last time.

Of course you can. But the more you do that the more you lose credibility.

I was banned last time because I somehow insulted Vanessa...when I was really insulting JimBob.

I didn't say that. I said everybody makes mistakes but most of us don't make them knowing that it's a mistake!

It's easy to "sit back, support and discuss" when you can point out mistakes without having to take any kind of facts/reasons into account.

This is a message board. Not the court of law. Its a court of public opinion. The sooner you realize that the better.

What kind of person I really am? What would you know about it? Nothing! You and your friend are too busy thinking about what kind of person you think I am.

I'm possibly the most patient person you've come across.
All I know about you is that when you try to play Sherlock Holmes you sound really bad. You keep suggesting that I am in cohoots with "my friend". And then you say we talk about what type of person you really are!!!.comical stuff

What I know is that yoiur a cool guy and I wouldnt mind hanging with you again at a show and talk gnr. But I also know that we have some differences of opinions on certain thngs in regards to gnr. You cant handle that, I can.

Put it in your signature and don't post it.

Problem solved.  
Stop asking me "what am I going to do now" and I wont have to keep repeating it ok

Ask your friend how come he likes to point out to people that they weren't fans back in the day when he was one. Maybe he can tell you how you're not as big fan as he is since I bet you weren't rocking out to AFD in 1988.....

Stop playing Sherlock Holmes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you have no idea what you are talking about

The difference is that the album wasn't done in 2002 or 2006
Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
If I commented on that statement we would have another dead horse thread

in your future responses can you please stop mentioning "my friend". Your way off base with your assumptions. And you sound really silly
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:10:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »

These days the band gives off overwhelming positive vibes on stage.

Not talking about the band "giving" off positive vibes, talking about playing places they virtually know will be well attended in the size of venues they need to play to make fiscal sense.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

Poland??? Seriously....Poland???

I don't know what's fuckin' going on!!!! They forgot Argentina, Brasil, Chile, They forgot one of the most exciting crowd that ever played in front to...

Is unfair...UNFAIR.

Like a proverb in my country: "God gives food to the toothless"

There is a rumor about GNR playing here in Brazil sometime on 2nd half of the this year. Smiley

Fuck that!!! I'm from Argentina...and I want Guns N' Roses back in MY country. Not only in Brazil.

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »

i wonder how long this word-wrestling will continue. the more i read the more i'm enjoying it. is it so hard to agree to disagree?

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »

What dont you understand? In the land of GNr facts dont usually hold up. Or am I making that up?

Haha.

Oh man....

This is from somebody who refuses to acknowledge facts.

Of course you can. But the more you do that the more you lose credibility.

Thanks for worrying about my credibility. Maybe you should worry about yours, turn coat.....

This is a message board. Not the court of law. Its a court of public opinion. The sooner you realize that the better.

The sooner you understand the concept of discussion the better!

All I know about you is that when you try to play Sherlock Holmes you sound really bad. You keep suggesting that I am in cohoots with "my friend". And then you say we talk about what type of person you really are!!!.comical stuff

I'm not playing anything.

Funny how you need to resort to the old insults again. Playing Sherlock Holmes?

I can read. I can see you two bringing up the same shit about me time after time. "Who do you think you are", "you're not speaking for the band" blah blah blah....

You cant handle that, I can. 

Oh really?

I could tell you one thing I can't handle, but wouldn't want you to feel insulted.....

Maybe you should look around. Do you see me having issues with someone like killingvector in this thread?

Stop asking me "what am I going to do now" and I wont have to keep repeating it ok

Yeah, asking you to do something productive is asking for too much.

Stop playing Sherlock Holmes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you have no idea what you are talking about

Cry

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
If I commented on that statement we would have another dead horse thread

Nah, you'd just make yourself look ignorant for refusing to acknowledge FACTS.

Deja vu...

in your future responses can you please stop mentioning "my friend". Your way off base with your assumptions. And you sound really silly

You're like a cute little tag team.....

"You don't speak for GN'R!"  rofl

i wonder how long this word-wrestling will continue. the more i read the more i'm enjoying it. is it so hard to agree to disagree?

I disagree with many people. But unlike Younggunner, they read my reply, think about it and ask a follow-up question or maybe even agree with what I said.

YG just refuses to look at the reasons/facts and keeps going on about how he wishes the album would be out before a tour.

His wish wasn't granted in 2002, 2006 or 2007.....

/jarmo

Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:33 PM »

Great battle Huh well it would be a great idea to see again GNR playing Europe, at least we can see more new songs...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2008, 01:33:28 PM »

Fuck that!!! I'm from Argentina...and I want Guns N' Roses back in MY country. Not only in Brazil.
Calm down first.

If they really come back to Brasil, there is a STRONG possibility to have it also on Argentina and Chile. I think it would be implied that on my post, but anyways... If this rumor is true, I think you'll also have good news for YOUR country.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: