Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:33:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 37589 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

I bet all tours so far since 2001 have, more or less, done so. Not in the way you think I guess.....
Well, not really....if the album wasnt done from 2000-2006(like you claim) then those tours couldnt have been in support of the album release correct?

Which is exactly why I pointed out that you probably didn't mean it that way.

Smiley

whats with the febuary 17 th date ....any signifgance ?

What?  Huh

Is this from the guy who said there'd be a GN'R commercial during the Super Bowl?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2008, 03:51:12 PM »

Every time one of these threads pop up I say the same thing: I will go see GNR on whatever tour, in whatever venue, playing whatever setlist.

They are my favorite band (let me save you the reply; by "they" I mean GUNS N' ROSES-Axl, Ron, Robin, Frank, Dizzy, Chris, Richard & Tommy) and they've always put on an amazing show.

If there are dates coming anywhere near me... I'll be there.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2008, 03:59:42 PM »

it doesn't make too much of a difference i think: touring shortly before or after cd is released. either way is fine. the important thing is, that this time they would have an album to support that is about to come out (or has just come out). great marketing for cd, a cool video for the first single and hitting the road is the package that i'm hoping for. as long as all of this takes place in 2008, it's fine with me.

I just don't see the problem.

Imagine this:

The record is done, ready for release, the band plays a few shows, the album comes out, the band promotes it, starts a new tour.....

It seems like some people want this:

The record is done, ready for release, the band plays a few shows, the album comes out, the band promotes it, starts a new tour.....

But nowhere does it say that the release will happen faster when you remove that part of the equation.

/jarmo

I think this would be an ideal scenario as opposed to playing 10-20 shows then heading back onto hiatus.

Since everyone here is ignorant of the band's plans or capabilities, the fog of release creates an atmosphere of concern. Another tour without news of CD's imminent release creates a lot of fog.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »

What?  Huh

Is this from the guy who said there'd be a GN'R commercial during the Super Bowl?

/jarmo
[/quote]

I am trying to keep all this in perspective.

whats true...whats not....whats rumors......whats not
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »

I bet all tours so far since 2001 have, more or less, done so. Not in the way you think I guess.....
Well, not really....if the album wasnt done from 2000-2006(like you claim) then those tours couldnt have been in support of the album release correct?

Details, details. This will all be forgotten when the album comes out.

The crowds won't forget the great time they had.
But for those tours I wouldn't have happened on the album title song from the RIR boots. I wouldn't know about this band. I wouldn't be here.
we wouldn't know of BH.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »

Smiley

What?  Huh

/jarmo

I dont know if its the same person, but there are a couple of "sources" on varius forums, claming something will be announced by the 17th. Dont make anything of it. There have been "insiders" before..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »

Smiley

What?  Huh

/jarmo

I dont know if its the same person, but there are a couple of "sources" on varius forums, claming something will be announced by the 17th. Dont make anything of it. There have been "insiders" before..

As I said before. GNR was confirmed for RIR in Lisboa 06 around the same time 2 years ago. So maybe its why people think something will happen. But its about time that we hear something from Axl again...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2008, 04:36:31 PM »

Smiley

What?  Huh

/jarmo

Apparently these "insiders" don't like the check their calenders.  The 17th is a Sunday, and I've rarely seen any major announcements made on a weekend.  I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
DemocracyRose
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2008, 04:47:01 PM »

Smiley

What?  Huh

/jarmo

Apparently these "insiders" don't like the check their calenders.  The 17th is a Sunday, and I've rarely seen any major announcements made on a weekend.  I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Cheers,

Andrew

I heard it like it was around the 17th, not particually that day...

Secondly it wasnt "announced" as a major announcement, but just an update...

We will know soon enough.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:27:29 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »

Honestly. Do people think that just making up random dates will sort of "will" something to happen?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2008, 07:04:55 PM »

I don't think they are going to sit around all summer.  I think they will tour some where and we'll hear something.  And believe it or not I'm waiting patiently, I'll freak in April if we haven't heard anything.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »

I don't think they are going to sit around all summer.  I think they will tour some where and we'll hear something.  And believe it or not I'm waiting patiently, I'll freak in April if we haven't heard anything.

You're a freak now  Tongue  Jus' kiddin'  Wink  I hope they get out too, they always look like they are really enjoying themselves, especially Frank and Ron!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »

I'm sorry, but saying you want the album out for the sake of rich rock stars instead of your own enyoyment is going too far up the GNR suck up tree.

Dude! Most band members are not that well off. In fact, not at all. I know certain fans and members of this board who make more money than them. And in the current state of the music industry, no matter how great CD might turn out, I highly doubt band members will instantly become millionaires.

You too need a reality check and stop with the subtle insults.

Subtle insults? What insults? If you really are of the mindset to put all interest in life below the interest of the band, then there is no helping you. They are successful adults. That's what I was saying. If they're poor then something isn't right with this picture. You are a fan, not a mommy, a nanny, or a member of the band.  They make their beds, they lie in it. Their interest is what's important to them, the same should be said of the fans. I want the band to succeed. I want them to be healthy and happy.  But that's where it ends. Anything else crosses into something else.

I don't put up rules or criteria that the band has to follow. I love the band, can't "wait" to hear the new album. If it doesn't come out, fine. But if he expects fans not to be aggravated and voice displeasure for an album he's been touting for ten years, then he's kidding himself, and so is everyone else...

I do not subscribe to the belief that a fan is someone that lets Axl Rose shit on them, then turns around and eats it and tells him how good it taste.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »

I do not subscribe to the belief that a fan is someone that lets Axl Rose shit on them, then turns around and eats it and tells him how good it taste.

I do not subscribe to the belief that a supporter of Axl would post what you just have.

War is over, if you want it.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »

I do not subscribe to the belief that a supporter of Axl would post what you just have.

You're exactly right. I'm a supporter of Guns N' Roses.

Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »

Oh, right.  Huh

Is it possible for someone here to confirm if Axl is in Guns N' Roses?

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2008, 10:03:14 PM »

Judging by things here, I think the 2 are two very seperate things.

I love Axl, I just don't Love Axl...

Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »

You seem a little confused.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »

There are Axl fans... Fans of Axl.

There are GNR fans... Fans of the entire BAND.

Wow, explaining that just shows how confusing my post really were. Sorry about that.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »

They've alot of sitting for alot of summers. Don't get me wrong, I'm really hoping for everything to move along too, but I'm not getting my hopes up because of "insider" information.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: