Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 37687 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2008, 11:22:28 PM »

Instead of being so self centered, think about the fans who never saw GN'R. I didn't see one disappointed fan at the shows in Japan that was upset about the album not being out....

I just wonder if you would be saying these things and having these concerns if the album was out and GNR never even toured there or thought about touring there?

Would we be reading posts from you saying "Im dissapointed in GNR, there are a lot of places that havnt seen gnr play yet, why arent they playing there?"

not a shot

I want as many people as possible to see gnr in their lifetime. Its a great experience. But this idea that because GNR havnt played in every arena in the world yet,  we should shut up and wait till they complete that mission, is absurd.

Correct me if Im wrong but I do not think all bands play in every city in the world before they can move on to a different chapter.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:27:38 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2008, 11:23:20 PM »

this thread sure went to hell in hand basket.  Jarmo, i thought you were suppose to be a MOD.. why continue this childish banter?  we get it... YG wants the CD and you take it personal if anyone questions the band... i think everyone needs to move on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

so i think axl would be quite happy with younggunner's "respect."

you don't want "complainers" on your board (and i agree with you on that), but don't confuse that with what puts money in axl's pockets. and ultimatley, gives all of us all the opportunity to enjoy his talents.

I, for one, seriously don't think Axl is "all about the money" at this point in his career.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 11:29:13 PM »

jarmo - ask axl which type of respect he would rather have from his fans....the kind youngunner described, OR the type you describe where you don't need to spend a penny.  hihi

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who "respect" the band like Younggunner without the negativity.....

The silent majority.  ok

I just wonder if you would be saying these things and having these concerns if the album was out and GNR never even toured there or thought about touring there?

Would we be reading posts from you saying "Im dissapointed in GNR, there are a lot of places that havnt seen gnr play yet, why arent they playing there?"

not a shot

I live in a country that a lot of bands skip on their tours.

What concerns? I'm not concerned. I think that in this day and age, it's possible for bands to tour without albums out since album sales aren't what they used to be.

You add an "I wish..." comment to anything related to GNR and you're slapped with the old "whiner" tag.

It all depends on where it's done.

Quite often we have something good going and then a few people feel the need to add a "I wish they'd do this instead".

It's like, you know they're gonna do this, but you just wanna focus on them not doing that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »

It's like, you know they're gonna do this, but you just wanna focus on them not doing that.

Because it seems like they are doing everything but what the majority want

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »

younggunner:

Aren't you tired of marvelling at your own hypocricy and short-sightedness?
After all the track history that you have, coming in this thread and trying hard to appear how well you wish the band and what kind of a hardcore you are is simply ridiculous.

If you have nothing better to do, why don't you instead go re-read that insightful masterpiece that your hero Slash wrote? You claim you support the new gn'r, yet over at the VR section you support even more the people who tried to destroy gn'r and who are majorly resposnible for the delay in new material and for the negative public image of certain people.

And no, spending a few hundred dollars does not make you a sincere hardcore fan, regardless of your financial situation. And I doubt this is necessarily the kind of fans Axl has to have respect for. After all, he is the last person on this planet who is motivated by or cares about money....unlike some other heros of yours, who would gladly sell you their unpersonalized signature for $40 and will tell you how much they appreciate your support.

I normally try to stay out of fight threads on things that have already been discussed a million times. But your confidence that everyone agrees with you but Jarmo, needs to get a reality check.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »

Because it seems like they are doing everything but what the majority want

And there it is! Exactly what rock n' roll is about!  ok

Didn't we also establish that it's ok for GN'R to do what they want?

I think I know what you claim the majority is wanting, but could you put it in your own words. And maybe think a few seconds about possible reasons why it didn't happen before clicking Post?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:36:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 11:37:40 PM »

You add an "I wish..." comment to anything related to GNR and you're slapped with the old "whiner" tag.

It all depends on where it's done.

Quite often we have something good going and then a few people feel the need to add a "I wish they'd do this instead".

/jarmo

You know, I'm starting to get a feeling there's some left over hostility from the whole "I wish they'd play Civil War on this tour, or change up the setlist a bit" argument from a couple years ago  hihi

And leather, Younggunner has been a new line up and Axl supporter since he got here. He was never a Slash/old line up fan. So you should check things out before you jump on someone. And that was before he spent any money on GNR.

Didn't we also establish that it's ok for GN'R to do what they want?

We've also established there are consequences to that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:39:30 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 11:42:50 PM »

I think I know what you claim the majority is wanting, but could you put it in your own words. And maybe think a few seconds about possible reasons why it didn't happen before clicking Post?
ask any gnr fan what they want from gnr...what would there answers be?
im sure they all want another show in africa or japan

And there it is! Exactly what rock n' roll is about
Not really. Not in this context.
Actually, what would be really ballsy or "rnr" would be seeing Axl finance the promotion of this album by himself and or giving the money that they ivested in him back and saying fuk u to the label. and taking his show on the road. That would be ballsy.

i dont think the same set for 3 diff tours is ballsy or rnr sorry

why don't you instead go re-read that insightful masterpiece that your hero Slash wrote? You claim you support the new gn'r, yet over at the VR section you support even more the people who tried to destroy gn'r and who are majorly resposnible for the delay in new material and for the negative public image of certain people.
My hero Slash? lol. Yes Im a closet Slash fan.... ok

Slash was great when he was in gnr. But aside from a few songs with VR hes not so great..actually pretty bad yes

As for the last part of that post. Yea its all Slash and Duffs fault CD is not out Roll Eyes and new gnrs image

And no, spending a few hundred dollars does not make you a sincere hardcore fan, regardless of your financial situation
did I ever claim that is the reason why im a hardcore fan?

And I doubt this is necessarily the kind of fans Axl has to have respect for. After all, he is the last person on this planet who is motivated by or cares about money....unlike some other heros of yours, who would gladly sell you their unpersonalized signature for $40 and will tell you how much they appreciate your support.

Huh

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 11:47:26 PM »

ask any gnr fan what they want from gnr...what would there answers be?
im sure they all want another show in africa or japan

Why didn't you answer my question?

Is it because it's easy for you to just repeat "release the album" over and over again when nobody ever asks you to think?

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 11:50:43 PM »

Why didn't you answer my question?

Is it because it's easy for you to just repeat "release the album" over and over again when nobody ever asks you to think?

the majority wants a new gnr album. There are a lot of reasons why it hasnt happend yet.

again this is not rocket science.

Just because there are reasons why its not out, people are allowed to comment on the situation.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:58:49 PM by younggunner » Logged

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »

Jarmo, you need to relax!

And your being naive if you don't think that the majority of GNR fans want a new album?

And so what if someone posts that they want GNR to announce a release date instead of a new tour... that's their opinion.  Do we really have to hear from you everytime someone says they would like the CD?  This by no means, means that we don't like GNR.        

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 11:58:25 PM »

the majority wants a new gnr album. There are a lot of reasons why it hasnt happend yet.

again this is not rocket science.

Just because there are reasons why its not out, people are allowed to comment on the situation.

Talking of rocket science! Why don't you go to the moon? I want you to go to the moon!

I know the reasons why you can't/don't/won't, but I'll keep repeating it.

No, I won't. It makes no sense to me

When you know you can't have something and you still just keep repeating it, you come across as a little kid crying until he/she gets his/her wish......

It's not rocket science? What exactly do you know about the situation?

And your being naive if you don't think that the majority of GNR fans want a new album?

Nowhere did I claim the opposite.

But unlike Younggunner, many of us who'd love to hear the album, understand that it won't be out any quicker if we keep bitching about it year after year.

Maybe it's an age thing.....

/jarmo

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »

Lets see the respect I have given gnr ....

6 shows
a Tommy Stinson show
VGH
a couple of Bucket albums
couple of tshirts
poster
soccer jersey
even though they dont profit from this....a shitload of vhs/dvd boots off of ebay etc.
I have pretty much every show on cd from the 00-02 tours
and all the support I have given them and will continue to give them
o and i have never once bashed their show or songs...

is that enough respect for you?

Apparently you do claim it....

You've seen them 6 times when they came withing 20 miles of your house. Isn't that impressive?

When you travel the world on your own money to see them, or make life-changing sacrifices inspired by your love for the band, and show prove of that, maybe you will sound a little more convincing.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »

And leather, Younggunner has been a new line up and Axl supporter since he got here. He was never a Slash/old line up fan. So you should check things out before you jump on someone. And that was before he spent any money on GNR.

YG was actually one of those who used to scream New Line-Up support at the level of Jim Bob. To try and call him a closet Slash/Old band supporter is not accurate. Rather than vilify him for his current opinion of the situation, those hurling their hate and disgust at him should step back and ask themselves what it says that some of the people that were at one point willing to lay down in front of a bus for the new band are as discontented as they are.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2008, 12:04:27 AM »

But unlike Younggunner, many of us who'd love to hear the album, understand that it won't be out any quicker if we keep bitching about it year after year
Unlike Jarmo, many of us who'd love to hear the album, havnt had the oppurtunity to hang out with the band on a personal level and travel with them. So maybe we arent privy to certain info or are as content as you? Discussing the situation has nothing to do with getting the album out faster.
We are all in different boats.

Maybe it's an age thing.....

maybe its a groupie thing?

Talking of rocket science! Why don't you go to the moon? I want you to go to the moon!

I know the reasons why you can't/don't/won't, but I'll keep repeating it.

No, I won't. It makes no sense to me

When you know you can't have something and you still just keep repeating it, you come across as a little kid crying until he/she gets his/her wish......

It's not rocket science? What exactly do you know about the situation?
maybe I can pick up the sounds of CD on my way to the moon?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:54 AM »

Apparently you do claim it....

You've seen them 6 times when they came withing 20 miles of your house. Isn't that impressive?

When you travel the world on your own money to see them, or make life-changing sacrifices inspired by your love for the band, and show prove of that, maybe you will sound a little more convincing.
Again, I never claimed any of that makes me a hardcore gnr fan. Jarmo was claiming that respect goes both ways...which is does...and I stated how I have "repected" this band over the yrs and will continue to do so.

I cant travel the world to see GNR because Im not rich! Nor do I have the time to do something like that at the present time. of course I would love to. Maybe we can go together?

I dont need to prove anything or convince anyone of anything. I have and always will support gnr, old and new. I love the new band. I love their music and imo there arent many bands out there that can match this band. But I also have to sometimes take a step back and say, whats going on here. Its not all rosey 100% of the time.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:13:32 AM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2008, 12:13:02 AM »

Rather than vilify him for his current opinion of the situation, those hurling their hate and disgust at him should step back and ask themselves what it says that some of the people that were at one point willing to lay down in front of a bus for the new band are as discontented as they are.

That he needs a break from GN'R?  Huh

Unlike Jarmo, many of us who'd love to hear the album, havnt had the oppurtunity to hang out with the band on a personal level and travel with them. So maybe we arent privy to certain info or are as content as you?

Once again you're making up stuff in your head that's far from reality.

Discussing the situation has nothing to do with getting the album out faster.

Discussing? You repeating your mantra is not discussing.

You know there are reasons for everything but you refuse to acknowledge them.

This is your act:

I want the album out!
Well, it would already be out if...
LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU! I WANT THE ALBUM OUT! LA LA LA LA

maybe its a groupie thing?

I guess you know more about that lifestyle than I do if you make that kind of connection.

When you come to a certain age, you realize crying won't help......  Well, I don't know how it works for you in your groupie world.

maybe I can pick up the sounds of CD on my way to the moon?

Let's hope so.  ok

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

Wasn't Poland where they had that ticket scam before?  Somebody actually sold tickets to a GNR concert that wasn't scheduled.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2008, 12:15:13 AM »

Wasn't Poland where they had that ticket scam before?  Somebody actually sold tickets to a GNR concert that wasn't scheduled.

That was Hungary.

And also Georgia....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:17:08 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: