Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 38000 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2008, 12:17:06 AM »

Once again you're making up stuff in your head that's far from reality.
no

Jarmo has Axl done anything wrong over the past 7 yrs? If so, what and why was it wrong?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:21:14 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 12:27:37 AM »

no

Jarmo has Axl done anythng wrong over the past 7 yrs? If so, what and why was it wrong?

I guess he screwed up your life to the point that you became a groupie huh? On the other hand, maybe that's what you always wanted....  Wink

I like how you always try to make it personal with the insults and hints at me being supportive because I met certain band members.

I guess it goes back to 2004 when I met Tommy.....

Insert Tiny Tim voice and ukulele: "Skipping through the questions...."

When will you admit that you are aware of the reality that the album not being out has reasons and that your constant wishing for it to be out is like a broken record?

One more simple question for you: What kind of satisfaction do you get out of repeating this week after week, month after month, year after year?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 12:32:15 AM »

no

Jarmo has Axl done anything wrong over the past 7 yrs? If so, what and why was it wrong?

Dude, I want to see an album out and hear more new songs at the shows too. Just like you. But unlike you, I don't want that for myself or for other fans. I want it for the band members - they are the ones who deserve it and would benefit the most. It also makes sense that Axl wants that too, so he keeps his band happy and together......But since it hasn't happened just yet, I trust there are very very good reasons for the delay. So do most band members I hear...Maybe you should too if you are an unselfish sincere fan.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »

I guess he screwed up your life to the point that you became a groupie huh? On the other hand,
when I said "maybe its a groupie thing" I was referring to you and your mentality being of the groupie nature

I like how you always try to make it personal with the insults and hints at me being supportive because I met certain band members.
Insults? I didnt insult you once in this thread. Then you bust out age, me whining, little kid mentality, etc etc etc.

If you cant handle it keep your smart ass comments to yourself.

I guess it goes back to 2004 when I met Tommy.....

I was thinking more 2006

hey I met Tommy too!

When will you admit that you are aware of the reality that the album not being out has reasons and that your constant wishing for it to be out is like a broken record?
I am aware that the album has not been out because of numerous reasons.
My constant wishing for it must come across as a broken record.

One more simple question for you: What kind of satisfaction do you get out of repeating this week after week, month after month, year after year?
None, just discussing GNR. This is a message board. Without discussion and speculation and the mystery that is known as GNR this board wouldnt be as popular as it is.

now that I have answered yours....you can answer mine

Has Axl done anything wrong in the past 10 yrs. If so, what and why was it wrong?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:48:12 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 12:36:31 AM »

I have to agree with YG here. If GnR wants to do another tour without an album to support and, to top it all off, call it the Chinese Democracy World Tour Leg XY, then more power to them. But such a tour does not get them closer to what should be their ultimate goal, the release of music created by the musicians on stage.  The success these musicians deserve depends on that release. To assert that GnR's success is not tied to the album is ludicrous; I hope no one attempts to argue this point.  Axl will discover diminishing returns if he continues to circle the world without the album. The party simply cannot last forever and each time it happens, many fans are left wondering if the album is still so far away, the band needs to make money to stay solvent, relevant or together. Who knows.

So if Poland or South America get a tour but with no album in sight, I am content that there are some people in the world excited for the band. But as they will discover, this song has been played before in many corners of the world with many fans wondering: well, now what?

just to back up YG, I have been to many shows with the guy and he is as much a new band loyalist as anyone. To question his allegiance is really sickening. Sometimes it takes the brutal honesty from friends to deliver the message. I share his concern.

Hopefully this is just a rumor and better, more exciting plans are being hatched.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »

Hopefully this is just a rumor and better, more exciting plans are being hatched.

Right. No new tour without an album release date set has been booked!  ok

Can we calm down now?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 12:49:53 AM »

Dude, I want to see an album out and hear more new songs at the shows too. Just like you. But unlike you, I don't want that for myself or for other fans. I want it for the band members - they are the ones who deserve it and would benefit the most. It also makes sense that Axl wants that too, so he keeps his band happy and together......But since it hasn't happened just yet, I trust there are very very good reasons for the delay. So do most band members I hear...Maybe you should too if you are an unselfish sincere fan.

Excellent points.

That's what I mean by respect.

I wouldn't be shocked if the band want it out more than Younggunner!

Maybe I need to start using the word "dude". It seems to be the key.....  Wink

when I said "maybe its a groupie thing" I was referring to you and your mentality being of the groupie nature

Yeah, I know. But thanks for clarifying that you had to stoop to insults once again.

It's nice to see a man who can present his opinion in such an eloquent way.

Insults? I didnt insult you once in this thread. Then you bust out age, me whining, little kid mentality, etc etc etc.

Yeah, I'm making fun of myself.

I get told to grow up on many occasions you see....

hey I met Tommy too!

It certainly didn't have any effect on you...

I am aware that the album has not been out because of numerous reasons.
My constant wishing for it must come across as a broken record.

What will you do about it?

None, just discussing GNR. This is a message board. Without discussion and speculation and the mystery that is known as GNR this board wouldnt be as popular as it is.

But you know it's not a discussion if you just keep repeating it especially when you know there are reasons behind it.....

Has Axl done anything wrong in the past 10 yrs. If so, what and why was it wrong?

No.

I can't think of anything right now.

You see, the easy Younggunner way would be to just list a bunch of things that are "wrong". Like a favorite among certain fans: "post more updates"....

But I just thought about it for a second and realized everything has a reason. I can see why there aren't more updates so it's not really something "wrong" anymore.

I have to agree with YG here. If GnR wants to do another tour without an album to support and, to top it all off, call it the Chinese Democracy World Tour Leg XY, then more power to them. But such a tour does not get them closer to what should be their ultimate goal, the release of music created by the musicians on stage. 

They haven't played a show since July 2007. The album didn't come out.

Why do you think it would be a problem?

It would be a problem if it wasn't recorded and done......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54:39 AM »

They haven't played a show since July 2007. The album didn't come out.

Why do you think it would be a problem
It would be a problem if it wasn't recorded and done......

I am not sure if the 'album is turned in' tours are successful with other bands, but to push this project forward, the new guys really need an album out there to generate the respect and attention their careers deserve.  I fear for the band's future and the music's relevance the longer these delays persist. Tours or no tours, but to have a touring band in the back pages offers plenty of opportunity for music writers and fans to dwell in the sluggishness of CD.

I harbored the same fears in 06/07 when no announcement was made. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:56:40 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »

As far as GNR touring again without a possible release of C.D. then I'm gonna throw out the EXACT same situation concerning one, Steve Miller. This guy hasn't had a new album out since 1993. Confirmation of him recording a new album circulated for quite a few years. There's still been absolutely no news about anything new from him, but yet he still fills venues with thousands of fans and tours pretty frequently. So how come it's not ok for GNR to do the same???
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2008, 12:59:34 AM »

As far as GNR touring again without a possible release of C.D. then I'm gonna throw out the EXACT same situation concerning one, Steve Miller. This guy hasn't had a new album out since 1993. Confirmation of him recording a new album circulated for quite a few years. There's still been absolutely no news about anything new from him, but yet he still fills venues with thousands of fans and tours pretty frequently. So how come it's not ok for GNR to do the same???

GnR once ruled the rock n roll world. If Axl's vision is to have a Steve Miller festival touring band, then he is free to do so. Expectations in the GnR community would have to be downgraded substantially.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2008, 01:03:49 AM »

I'm sorry, but saying you want the album out for the sake of rich rock stars instead of your own enyoyment is going too far up the GNR suck up tree.

Steve Miller and a BAND touring are 2 very different things. The new line up has been playing majority of other peoples music for damn near ten years! He still has to tour to establish them as a band, with the few of their songs they get to play in a night.

These tours are nothing different than the Styx and Journey nostalgia tours going on.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:07:33 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2008, 01:08:59 AM »

Excellent points.

That's what I mean by respect.

I wouldn't be shocked if the band want it out more than Younggunner!
Actually those are good points. Ive also mentioned most of those along the way as well. Robin and Tommy in particular deserve their moment in the sun. They have worked extremely hard and put up with a lot over the yrs.

Jarmo, I, like everyone else here have patiently waited for the album...and will continue to do so. I do not dwell on this situation everyday of my life as you try to make it out to be. FOr some reason you have that idea. Thats fine. But like many of your assumptions, you are way off base with that one
It's nice to see a man who can present his opinion in such an eloquent way.

tru, maybe I should use more "insert word here" and icons? You act as if you speak in "eloquent" terms. There are people on here who truly speak in eloquent terms. You and me arent in that category.

It certainly didn't have any effect on you...
Well being it was only for like 5 min and he was a drunk....

What will you do about it?
Like I told you the last time we had this discussion...

I will sit back, support, discuss, and enjoy the ride

But you know it's not a discussion if you just keep repeating it especially when you know there are reasons behind it.....
it only becomes more of a discussion when you add your 2 cents in it. If you dont agree with something you dont always have to tell us why its not right. Or what is really going on. You know you can take a step back and let others who have a diff opinion than you discuss it.

No.

I can't think of anything right now.
so why do you take it as an insult when I tell you no1 can argue with you becuase Axl has done no wrong in your eyes?

You have an answer/excuse for everything this band does.

Just like "I want the album out more than the actual band" you have more answers and excuses than the actual members of the band.

Its funny how you can tell me I act/sound like a child. Yet you are an adult who has a website of a band and declares that Axl ROse has not done one thing wrong over the past decade.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:13:48 AM by younggunner » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2008, 01:10:32 AM »

I'm sorry, but saying you want the album out for the sake of rich rock stars instead of your own enyoyment is going too far the suck up GNR tree.

They are actually one in the same. Recall the situation of Buckethead: a new gunner who, according to tom zutaut, had doubts that the album would ever see the light of day and eventually jumped ship. I fear similar fates from other members if the music is not out there.  A nostalgia tour, as you succinctly put it, doesn't get us any closer to that goal. In fact, I believe it aggravates the wait because fans are left with a memories of a good show but no product in the store or on the radio to relive those experiences.

Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2008, 01:13:57 AM »

These tours are nothing different than the Styx and Journey nostalgia tours going on.

I would have to disagree with you there. The GNR tours are embracing past, present and future.

War is over, if you want it.
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 01:14:18 AM »

For those who like to insinuate that GN'R and Axl have a history of intentionally booking tours without a clear indication to put an album out during or at the end of a tour, let me break it down for you:

1. The first tour booked for the new band to play was in Europe in 2001. That was consequently cancelled. Whatever the real reason for the cancellation, Axl himself told us that the tour was booked without his concent or any consideration of the situation within the band at the time.

2. The second tour (or tours if wanna break it down in two) scheduled was in 2002. Yes, there was no indication to put the album out by the end of that year and Axl kinda indicated that at the MVAs. That was the ONLY instance of a tour without a clear attempt to promote and put an album out during the tour or at the end of it. But since it was the first tour of the new band, maybe it was normal for them to go out there and play and introduce themselves to the world first, even without an album in sight just yet. Why it was called the CD tour is a good question then, but maybe the name had to do more with the promoters and less with the band.

3. The 2006 tour/s. Clearly there was an honest intention to put the album out by the end of that year (even as early as Fall). If there was not that understanding (as stated in Axl's letter), Axl would not have agreed to the tour. Cerntainly not to the US one, which was booked at a time when it was already starting to become clear an album is impossible to release by the end of the year. But because Merck went ahead and booked shows left and right (some of which really not well thought thru), Axl prefered not to cancel a whole tour, but instead do it so at least the fans who bought tickets are not disappointed.

4. When the 2007 tour dates were booked the intention was still to release an album or at least a single before they went out. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and the album was not ready to be released (although it might have been done by then already) before the summer. So, what did you expect GN'R to do? Cancel the tour because the album release was delayed yet again? Of course, they'll go and play the shows regardless. Especially when they all sold out and so many fans were so excited and happy. I didn't hear one negative review from fans who went to the 2007 shows (save a couple from the first Mexican show where apparently some people expected a completely revamped setlist).

So, there has been just ONE tour booked without the clear intention of it backing up the album release during or a the end of it. Yet, some people make it sound like for GN'R booking tours without caring about the album release is normal business for them.

Have you ever wondered why GN'R have restrained from booking anything since last summer, including a much coveted NYE's gig? Do you honestly think it was because they (or Axl) weren't ready or didn't feel like it? No, it's because of "fan posts" like younggunners and the general media perception who demand an album with a next tour, and publicly make fun or feel sorry for GN'R otherwise.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »

So, there has been just ONE tour booked without the clear intention of it backing up the album release during or a the end of it. Yet, some people make it sound like for GN'R booking tours without caring about the album release is normal business for them.

The idea is to have all these issues settled before booking/ initiating the tour.

I am not sure I agree with your breakdown point for point.  If these tours were part of some promotional package for the new album, why did the band leave so much up in the air and so much room for the whole plan to break down? Clearly, work was still being done after the tour started. Not exactly the right way to go about an organized catch and release tour.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:34 AM »

No, it's because of "fan posts" like younggunners and the general media perception who demand an album with a next tour, and publicly make fun or feel sorry for GN'R otherwise.

A few posts ago it was Slash and DUffs fault that there was no album and that the new gnr image was tarnished.

Now its my fault?

Will the next reason be the Malibu fires?

According to Jarmo, the album could never have been released prior to this yr because the album was never done from 2000-2006/7. So lets throw any idea of an album release during those times out the window.

I thought the 2002 tour was fine. It reintroduced the band and it allowed for the band to get out of the studio and gel as a band.

Axl had no intention of releasing Cd during this time. This is proven by his VMA interview. I think with the arrival of Bucket things picked up and they did more things in the studio.

This was 5-6 yrs ago! After the 02 tour Axl should have wrapped everything up and not done any touring until the album was out. But for whatever reason that didnt happen.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:27:00 AM by younggunner » Logged

leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »

I'm sorry, but saying you want the album out for the sake of rich rock stars instead of your own enyoyment is going too far up the GNR suck up tree.

Dude! Most band members are not that well off. In fact, not at all. I know certain fans and members of this board who make more money than them. And in the current state of the music industry, no matter how great CD might turn out, I highly doubt band members will instantly become millionaires.

You too need a reality check and stop with the subtle insults.

lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2008, 01:32:15 AM »

No, it's because of "fan posts" like younggunners and the general media perception who demand an album with a next tour, and publicly make fun or feel sorry for GN'R otherwise.

A few posts ago it was Slash and DUffs fault that there was no album and that the new gnr image was tarnished.

Now its my fault?

Will the next reason be the Malibu fires?

According to Jarmo, the album could never have been released prior to this yr because the album was never done from 2000-2006/7. So lets throw any idea of an album release during those times out the window.

I thought the 2002 tour was fine. It reintroduced the band and it allowed for the band to get out of the studio and gel as a band.

Axl had no intention of releasing Cd during this time. This is proven by his VMA interview. I think with the arrival of Bucket things picked up and they did more things in the studio.

This was 5-6 yrs ago! After the 02 tour Axl should have wrapped everything up and not done any touring until the album was out. But for whatever reason that didnt happen.

jarmo has no clue if the album is done and either do we. he can quote others until the sun comes up, but his opinion on this , as well as all other issues, is just as good or bad as all of ours. but then again, he comes across as though he knows exactly what the deal is with the cd. i have no idea about the status of the cd other than it has not been handed in or released. all i care about is the cd's release. nothing else matters. jarmo just keeps on talking about excuses, delays, etc about the cd. I think we all know that! it's not out yet, so of course there are delays!

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2008, 02:19:26 AM »

Why does GnR need to release an album to put on a kickass show for the fans?  I don't see how the two are related.  I've seen them 5 times and whether or not the album was out didn't ruin anything for me.   This is a kickass band and anytime I have a chance to see them, I will.   Album or not.   People put everything on this record and I think we all need to just chill on that idea and let it happen when it happens.   Something is obviously holding it up, and we don't know the details of whats going on, but if the possibility of seeing the band live comes?  GO SEE THEM!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: