Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your opinion on...? (a little game)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your opinion on...? (a little game)  (Read 21825 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:10 AM »

lynn, you'r so perverted  Shocked
nwa hat

back off bitch

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2008, 01:29:09 AM »

lynn, you'r so perverted  Shocked
nwa hat

back off bitch

Hey, it's a legitimate GnR song, and I happen to like it..... Shocked  That's all you had to say about it?  I'm so disappointed! 

Anyway, back to Back Off Bitch
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2008, 03:47:35 AM »

Funny song, one of the more instantly gratifying songs on UYI 1, great topic for a song!!! It's actually fairly similar to 'Right Next Door To HEll' in that respect.....

'You Could Be Mine'

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2008, 05:12:42 AM »

Love this song, when I heard it on Terminator 2 I almost jizzed!

Wild Horses

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2008, 05:32:33 AM »

Wild Horses: Gilby's contribution to the live set..Cool how Slash comes in and Axl finishes it off standing w/ his 2 guitarists..
As for "It Tastes Good" Lynn you are perverted!! I've forgotten about this GN'R rap gem..I had it on bootleg prior to the UYI Tokyo Rocket Queen version..I think Axl states he blew out his voice on the Maiden tour singing it..Very funny song always wondered if it was a GN'R original..
Nice Boys: I like in the chorus you can hear (I believe it's Duff) singing backups along w. Axl.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »

Nice Boys is a great number, they really nail the mood of the song and when I'm at the gym and this comes on, it still makes me feel 20 years old and get pumping that iron to the point of injury. It also kind of reminds me of the Undertones, just great music without baggage - everybody havin' a good time. I'll leave somebody

Estranged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »

It's So Easy:
I remember hearing AFD for the 1st time and thinking ISE couldn't be the same singer as WTJ. I was also not 100% convinced Nightrain was sang by the same guy either. It's So Easy is a song anyone should feel comfortable singing..Not much screaming just that cool high tone (baritone?) voice going..Even Weiland feels comfortable singing it (just kidding VR rocks!). It was a great opener in the day (Ritz) and a totally unique tune to this day.
Mr. Brownstone:
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

Brownstone

The first line is so killer , I just love how Axl says it. Intro always made me think of " I want candy" lol which is ironic thinking of the real song meaning lol. Great use of the Wah pedal , the riff is a classic case of Izzy coming up with something and Slash making it his own. I love the live ending on Tokyo! All over killer track

Dust N Bones
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »

one of the best bluesy rockers on the UYI albums.  Izzy rocks on this one.  Back in high school.. i asked the dj at a high school dance if he had any gnr?  and asked him to "play anything...  i dont care if its dust n bone" .. i ment it as a joke.. expecting patience or sweet child but... he really ended up playing it.. wasn't a huge hit... i think about 4 other people knew the song..but it fired me up

too fast too soon
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:21 AM »

too fast too soon?
Fast lyrics..One of the bootlegs I'd listen to to mix things up a bit..The production and quality prevent this and many other BL from being something that I'd put on regular rotation..
Shadow of Your Love: WAKE UP, TIME TO........
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »

Shadow of your Love
One Of My Favourite Unreleased GNR songs, Very Cool song. I Think The reasons They didin't put it on the album Because It Sounds like WTTJ, But Maybe Im Wrong...Me and My Band Played That Song Once and nobody Knows What song it is, They Tough That Is Our songs and we Copied it From WTTJ.

Jumpin' Jack Flash

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:30 AM »

The Live Era mix of Your Crazy is probably my favorite version.  Since it's the Lies version it's already the superior version of it, but I think the electric guitars just add a hard rock feel to an already awesome song.  To me, this sounds like the way it should have been on AFD, and I would have loved to hear the slower version of Your Crazy recorded with electric guitars.  It would have been a whole different kind of beast!

November Rain

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2008, 05:59:18 AM »

Actually Your Crazy on LIES is electric guitars..
Nov. Rain: Great epic song....I remember the bootlegs being around long before UYI..To hear the polished version was compared to the early demos is mind blowing..Sought of makes the anticipation for the leaks that more exciting..I remember seeing GN'R at Nassau Colliseum (LI ,NY) in June 1991 before UYI was reeased..After playing Nov. Rain Axl asked how many peope have already heard that song..After a loud reaction from the crowd Axl responded "I guess the more new songs we play the more Bootleg albums we sell".
Breakdown:
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »

Nice song, a little overrated, but a nice song...

Nightrain
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2008, 10:53:52 AM »

Drunken Aerosmith jam with amazing vocals all over.

Double Talkin Jive MoFo

PS: Breakdown just a nice song?  Is one of the best songs of GnR to me  peace

This signature is very funny.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »

Classical guitar
In a pretty rocking song??
Yes, McGann approves.

What are your thoughts on
One I love from "Spaghetti"...
"Black Leather", bitches!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »

Black Leather

Axl's voice shines out to me on this one really dig it. I love the Guitar tone from Slash and Izzy , a very bad ass cover if I may say so! I like the demo of it also , very rough , when i hear this song it makes me think of why Slash called them a "glorified garage band"

What 'bout

Anything Goes!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »

Anything Goes: Cool groove, sleazy lyrics..Perhaps about someone being introduced to wild sex or even bondage?
I'd like to get a higher quality of the original lyrics to compare the two..
Under my Wheels:
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2008, 07:20:13 PM »

Never heard Under my Wheels  Huh

peace Perfect crime  peace

This signature is very funny.
ben9785
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Perfect Crime

One of my favorite songs from the UYI series. Pretty straight ahead and in your face. Cool breakdown in the middle. Great Slash solo. Axl's vocals are great on this one.

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL (Rolling Stones cover)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: