Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"  (Read 51488 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

http://www.thevaultradio.com/index1.html

he says that in this new interview...also says hes touring in July in the U.S. with a "big band" he cant talk about yet..

Same shit.

Different day.
yeah but maybe that's simply because this is the same thread you read a few days ago.  Huh

unsure when he said this. is stray cats a swing band?

Haha, no....they were popular in the 1980's-Rockabilly-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHNuY-nptGo

thanks and I found out that the 1980's-Rockabilly-guys are starting their farewell tour in august in spain so
the big band can't be them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

Interview with Baz on the Classic Metal Show, February 23rd, 2008:

DJ:: Be honest here Sebastian... Are we ever gonna hear Chinese Democracy? Not you, but us!

Baz:: YES!

DJ:: [laughs] Ok.....

Baz:: Yes you are. I know for a fact you are. And, it's not really him holding it back. It's all these business people fighting over it. And you know, I've been in contact with him and he's had it done for a long time.

DJ:: Right.

Baz:: And it's just.. There's so many people that are fighting over that album, that it's really bigger than him, you know? So, when I read all this crap about him, it's so hilarious 'cause people don't really know what they're talking about. You know? Guns N' Roses is bigger than rock.

Baz:: They're like the Stones or Led Zeppelin, or Fleetwood Mac or something like that. Like when we toured with them, the whole city comes. You know, it's not just like "here's a show", it's like everybody comes out, you know?

DJ:. Right

Baz:: So... It's a very big deal. You'll hear it. I heard it, it's totally incredible.

DJ:: Excellent man.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »

Interview with Baz on the Classic Metal Show, February 23rd, 2008:

DJ:: Be honest here Sebastian... Are we ever gonna hear Chinese Democracy? Not you, but us!

Baz:: YES!

DJ:: [laughs] Ok.....

Baz:: Yes you are. I know for a fact you are. And, it's not really him holding it back. It's all these business people fighting over it. And you know, I've been in contact with him and he's had it done for a long time.

Baz:: And it's just.. There's so many people that are fighting over that album, that it's really bigger than him, you know? So, when I read all this crap about him, it's so hilarious 'cause people don't really know what they're talking about. You know? Guns N' Roses is bigger than rock.

Baz:: They're like the Stones or Led Zeppelin, or Fleetwood Mac or something like that. Like when we toured with them, the whole city comes. You know, it's not just like "here's a show", it's like everybody comes out, you know?

DJ:. Right

Baz:: So... It's a very big deal. You'll hear it. I heard it, it's totally incredible.

DJ:: Excellent man.

/jarmo

[shakes fist in air] DAMN YOU BAZ! DAMN YOU FOR GETTING US ALL EXCITED AGAIN! DAMN YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ben9785
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »

Thanks for that quote Jarmo. I have no doubt that there's been more holding up the album than just Axl, but we will never know the whole story until after the album comes out, or maybe never..
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »

Business people fighting over it? I understand this thing probably cost 10 mil plus, but I'm still lost as to what could be so complicated about this-if the label is afraid they are going to lose money over it, what can they do about it? It's possible they don't want to pump a lot of money into marketing it

libertad
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »

... but I'm still lost as to what could be so complicated about this

One word: lawyers. Most of them could screw up a wet dream.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:16 PM »

I understand it's lawyers and stuff-I remember maybe 5 or 6 years ago I think Eddie Van Halen had said lawyers got involved and kind of stopped Roth at getting back together with them at the time-I could imagine how many things through the years for a lot of bands were messed up due to legal reasons

libertad
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

Lawyers have clients, you know. Clients want things and they hire lawyers to get them. Both sides, not just one. Axl has his lawyers, the record co. has theirs. Let's not pretend Axl and the record co. are naive little schoolgirls and the lawyers are just fucking everything up. There's plenty of blame to go around in this situation. I'm pretty sure of that.

I've seen enough.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »

Lawyers have clients, you know. Clients want things and they hire lawyers to get them. Both sides, not just one. Axl has his lawyers, the record co. has theirs. Let's not pretend Axl and the record co. are naive little schoolgirls and the lawyers are just fucking everything up. There's plenty of blame to go around in this situation. I'm pretty sure of that.

I've hired many of them, and I have gone up against them. I know exactly how they think ... see the above idiom.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »

The fucked up thing is that there was plenty of time to negotiate things with the record company and all other parties involved while completing the record.  I mean, how did Axl expect to have a shot in hell of releasing the record last March which was 3 or so months after his press release?  Is progress being made or are they waiting for god to intervene?  Something has got to give.  As we approach the one year mark since Axl's tentitive release date, it would be a great thing for him to communicate to the fans, even if he can't give us a hard date, just to let us know that the record is completed and what the current status is.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

There's so many people that are fighting over that album

including ex-members ?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2008, 10:01:05 PM »

Fleetwood Mac.  rofl

Oh Baz you crazy Canuck. But yeah, it's an exciting interview.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »

I've hired many of them, and I have gone up against them. I know exactly how they think ... see the above idiom.

johnnyblood - absolutely agreed.

fuckin crazy - lawyers you've hired havent been that good then...? Maybe choose better next time.

And finally - all hail "baz" for there is nothing cd or axl related he doesnt know o no siree! and no - it isnt as if othe rpeole who have been quoted on the issue had any idea whats going/gone on. good god no!

just baz.

baz is truly the man with the info.

or the mouth. im surprised he hasnt choked on it yet, he's so full of it.

god bless the prophet!

Roll Eyes Undecided confused

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »

The fucked up thing is that there was plenty of time to negotiate things with the record company and all other parties involved while completing the record.  I mean, how did Axl expect to have a shot in hell of releasing the record last March which was 3 or so months after his press release?  Is progress being made or are they waiting for god to intervene?  Something has got to give.  As we approach the one year mark since Axl's tentitive release date, it would be a great thing for him to communicate to the fans, even if he can't give us a hard date, just to let us know that the record is completed and what the current status is.

i agree with a large part of your sentiment, but more communications from axl wouldnt change/help/mean anything, imo, but based on experience.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »

fuckin crazy - lawyers you've hired havent been that good then...? Maybe choose better next time.

I have retained some of the best in the business.
Fleetwood Mac.  rofl

Oh Baz you crazy Canuck. But yeah, it's an exciting interview.

I'm glad some else caught that. They are good, but damn! GnR, Zepp, and The Stones ... I don't think so.

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2008, 05:09:36 AM »

And finally - all hail "baz" for there is nothing cd or axl related he doesnt know o no siree! and no - it isnt as if othe rpeole who have been quoted on the issue had any idea whats going/gone on. good god no!

just baz.

baz is truly the man with the info.

or the mouth. im surprised he hasnt choked on it yet, he's so full of it.

god bless the prophet!

Roll Eyes Undecided confused

Baz is a close friend of Axl's. Probably one of the closest if not THE closest friend. If you choose to believe what someone else has said about CD over what Baz says, then ok.. it's your choice...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 07:29:09 AM »

The fucked up thing is that there was plenty of time to negotiate things with the record company and all other parties involved while completing the record. 

Did you ever think that maybe he would've liked to have done that but maybe the other side wasn't interested until the album was done?

Is that scenario possible?

I mean, how did Axl expect to have a shot in hell of releasing the record last March which was 3 or so months after his press release?

Because it was possible, but things didn't go as planned?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »

i dont think baz knows whats hes talking about to be honest
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »

i dont think baz knows whats hes talking about to be honest

Yeah well, what do you know?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50