Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"  (Read 51490 times)
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »

I dont fully agree with jarmos stance on things all the time but on the points above im 100% with you.

Why people dismiss Baz as not being in the know is beyond me, Axl recorded with the guy ffs and they communicate daily. Why would Axl lie to Baz about the status of CD what would Baz gain from constantly lying about CD. Axl has been pretty quick to issue cease and desist letters im sure that if this was info taht was incorrect then BAz may well be on the end of one of these letters or a phone call / text from Axl telling him to cool it.

Mysteron has confirmed that the discussions are still ongoing but there are pretty cool things arranged once these discussions have been agreed this to me feels like there could be some headway and that there will be a release this year if not early 09.

Jarmo your work here is appreciated.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »

again - for the hard of thinking and reading (not splng and typng lk me) - all ive ever said is he should shut the fuck up about it as he has no control and whether hes heard it is totally irelevant.

Now, if you want to have a wider debate (i dont and wont) about whaths happenned over the last several years and how we got here, many people would need to be heard, and baz would be the least of them.

i just want him to shut his fuckin mouth. simple as. i mean, so hes heard it and knows its coming...what does that actually mean, and how reliable is it?

I choose to answer that one way, and you choose another. thats fine. jsut remember its totally subjective.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »

I dont fully agree with jarmos stance on things all the time but on the points above im 100% with you.

Why people dismiss Baz as not being in the know is beyond me,
Jarmo your work here is appreciated.

Because even band members have commented in the past, and they should shut up too, for all thats come of their words. Thing is, they do stay quiet mostly. baz doesnt.

here, ill just remind peole of the whole Better+advert thing.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »

Or you just shouldn't read? none of your business is it?

THE LAST YEAR

what about 2006?

I like the  'GNR is bigger than rock' bit. well said baz.

Fleetwood Mac.  rofl

Oh Baz you crazy Canuck. But yeah, it's an exciting interview.

I'm glad some else caught that. They are good, but damn! GnR, Zepp, and The Stones ... I don't think so.

I think so, judging from tusk and dreams, the only fleetwood mac songs I know. hihi
according to wiki.
Fleetwood Mac are an influential and commercially successful rock band formed in 1967 who have had high turnover of personnel and varied levels of success. From the band's inception through the end of 1974, no incarnation of Fleetwood Mac lasted as much as two years.
you wanna some non British for change.

the three bands are all british btw.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »

ppbebe - erm...WHAT?!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »

again - for the hard of thinking and reading (not splng and typng lk me) - all ive ever said is he should shut the fuck up about it as he has no control and whether hes heard it is totally irelevant.

It's only irrelevant to those who like to repeat the "it's not done" line.

Maybe you don't want to hear that it's done and the hold up isn't due to Axl?

Now, if you want to have a wider debate (i dont and wont) about whaths happenned over the last several years and how we got here, many people would need to be heard, and baz would be the least of them.

Like the band themselves.

i just want him to shut his fuckin mouth. simple as. i mean, so hes heard it and knows its coming...what does that actually mean, and how reliable is it?

I choose to answer that one way, and you choose another. thats fine. jsut remember its totally subjective.

Ask yourself this: Why do you need to question the reliability of somebody who's obviously been on tour with GN'R in 2006 and 2007 and who keeps in touch with Axl?

Because even band members have commented in the past, and they should shut up too, for all thats come of their words. Thing is, they do stay quiet mostly. baz doesnt.

Funny how you just wish people to shut up and yet you know for a fact that to get the full picture, these same people should be the ones to do most of the talking.

If it bothers you, don't read it.

You know, don't read it and shut up!   ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »

i think baz is only tryin to help.giving us something more then nothing really.it's a plus that baz cares enough to give this info.he could just not say anything and yet he opens up.good for him,thankz baz !

the one an only horsey !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »

ppbebe - erm...WHAT?!
whether he or band member should shut the fuck up or not is the business of him and the band not yours.

On the top of that, we like hearing them. If you don't, who cares.
just quit checking them.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »

It's only irrelevant to those who like to repeat the "it's not done" line.

Maybe you don't want to hear that it's done and the hold up isn't due to Axl?

Like the band themselves.

Ask yourself this: Why do you need to question the reliability of somebody who's obviously been on tour with GN'R in 2006 and 2007 and who keeps in touch with Axl?

Funny how you just wish people to shut up and yet you know for a fact that to get the full picture, these same people should be the ones to do most of the talking.

If it bothers you, don't read it.

You know, don't read it and shut up!   ok

/jarmo

again, you miss the point. I believe its coming and is finished. no, i dont entirely believe axl isnt the hold up, but i dont think its all him.

i only wish people would shut up because they have nothing more to say than "its coming".

well, ok. good. deadpan smiley here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »

i only wish people would shut up because they have nothing more to say than "its coming".

well, ok. good. deadpan smiley here.

He said a bit more than that....

But carry on wishing for those few who do know what's going on to shut up.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »

right. baz saying something, especially something nice about the record(s) is better than having no infos/statements at all. the mysteron posts also make me optimistic again. but what's with all this talk about who's to blame for cd not being released already? axl's in negotiations with the record company. it's not as simple as: "hey, axl doesn't put out the record. maybe it's not even finished" or "it's only about the record company." two parties are discussing things and strategies for a proper and succesfull release. sure it's sad that this again takes so much time. but i wouldn't "blame" anyone. it's just what the circumstances are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:51:56 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »

no matter what someone will allways complain.it's just the way it goes.but has anyone thought to thank any of these people.for giving there time for us.or was that way too much to handle.i only hope people learn to appreciate things more.it really keeps the doors open for a release of cd.it keeps the hope alive.don't you get it yet ?

the one an only horsey !
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2008, 11:51:17 AM »

right. baz saying something, especially something nice about the record(s) is better than having no infos/statements at all.

and my point is, no, it isnt better.

jarmo, he didnt say more than that - or if he did please enlighten me.

hes heard it. hes on it. hes touring in the summer with some band who may/not be gnr.

big deal. excuse me while i cream myself.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2008, 11:52:42 AM »

no matter what someone will allways complain.it's just the way it goes.but has anyone thought to thank any of these people.for giving there time for us.or was that way too much to handle.i only hope people learn to appreciate things more.it really keeps the doors open for a release of cd.it keeps the hope alive.don't you get it yet ?

i keep gettin told they aint doin this for me, and that its none o my business.

Thank 'em? FUCK 'EM!

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »

maybe if axl did say more it would have more impact.i can't say how much that would help matters out.if you don't like it well then.don't know what ta tell ya.

the one an only horsey !
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »

right. baz saying something, especially something nice about the record(s) is better than having no infos/statements at all.

and my point is, no, it isnt better.

but talking about the record (as baz does) doesn't do any harm, does it? you may be annoyed by baz. alright. but what's the major problem? sorry, i don't get it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »

jarmo, he didnt say more than that - or if he did please enlighten me.

If you can't see that he said more than "it's coming", maybe the problems isn't Baz, it's you?

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »

but what's with all this talk about who's to blame for cd not being released already? axl's in negotiations with the record company. it's not as simple as: "hey, axl doesn't put out the record. maybe it's not even finished" or "it's only about the record company." two parties are discussing things and strategies for a proper and succesfull release. sure it's sad that this again takes so much time. but i wouldn't "blame" anyone. it's just what the circumstances are.

do you read bas comments as accusing anyone? IMO he's doing exactly what you would do. talking about the circumstances from his point of view.

and so many business people fighting over the album----- does this sound like a record company?

Baz:: And, it's not really him holding it back. It's all these business people fighting over it. And you know, I've been in contact with him and he's had it done for a long time.

DJ:: Right.

Baz:: And it's just.. There's so many people that are fighting over that album, that it's really bigger than him, you know? So, when I read all this crap about him, it's so hilarious 'cause people don't really know what they're talking about. You know? Guns N' Roses is bigger than rock.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »

When you promote a record (or a movie, or a book, or whatever) you keep doing interviews for months. And you pretty much answer the same questions too, so its only natural to have the same answers.

Anyways, Baz was nice enough to keep us updated with this "business people fighting over it" on Chinese Democracy. He could not say anything about GNR, but he wanted to do so. Isn't anyone business but his what he should or shouldn't do, period.

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »

but what's with all this talk about who's to blame for cd not being released already? axl's in negotiations with the record company. it's not as simple as: "hey, axl doesn't put out the record. maybe it's not even finished" or "it's only about the record company." two parties are discussing things and strategies for a proper and succesfull release. sure it's sad that this again takes so much time. but i wouldn't "blame" anyone. it's just what the circumstances are.

do you read bas comments as accusing anyone? IMO he's doing exactly what you would do. talking about the circumstances from his point of view.

and so many business people fighting over the album----- does this sound like a record company?

Baz:: And, it's not really him holding it back. It's all these business people fighting over it. And you know, I've been in contact with him and he's had it done for a long time.

DJ:: Right.

Baz:: And it's just.. There's so many people that are fighting over that album, that it's really bigger than him, you know? So, when I read all this crap about him, it's so hilarious 'cause people don't really know what they're talking about. You know? Guns N' Roses is bigger than rock.

baz's intention (from my point of view) was not to bash/accuse anyone. it was to defend axl, get some things straight and show his enthusiasm about the songs he heard. that's fine. and yes, baz refers to the "circumstances": people fighting over the record. but one of those fighters has to be axl (or his management). that's all i'm saying. and you're right: there's prob. more than just 2 parties involved. by the way, it is hard for me to answer to your post, coz originally i was not refering to baz in my comment.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: