Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses?  (Read 44361 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »

I'm sure they would at least think about associate the new album and single with videogames. It's one of the most profitable things in industry right now.

Or did The Collective told you it wouldn't happen? Roll Eyes

ben9785
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »

The release of something like this would be great promotion, but only to coincide with the release of the album - not as a primary marketing tool for the band to introduce new songs.

It would be cool though, to play Robin solos, Richard Solos and Bumblefoot solos all based on different levels of difficulty, as well as a special bonus feature that you can unlock where you can do Axl playing the guitar during the "Madagascar" solo.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:53:44 PM by ben785 » Logged
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 07:12:11 PM »

i hope it only focuses on guys who are actually in the band now as opposed to people who abandoned the band and left it.    this lineup needs more exposure and giving them a guitar hero game could be a great way to introduce GnR to a new generation.   including ex-members only confuses things and leads people not in the know to believe things that aren't true.

they might just end up putting in the old band if they decided to really make a GNR GH game. id love to see the current members but i dont see that happening.

The new BAND will NEVER be the focus of anything until they actually do something. Touring under the name gnr and playing 95% of someone else's music is not doing something. That is being a cover band. No offense to the new band, I love em, but anything gnr will ALWAYS be axl, slash, duff, izzy, adler (and sometimes matt) until the world (not just a few people listening to half done leaks on a message board hears something NEW.  The old band have had HUGE tours, best selling cd's, and will NEVER be forgotten.
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »

i hope it only focuses on guys who are actually in the band now as opposed to people who abandoned the band and left it.    this lineup needs more exposure and giving them a guitar hero game could be a great way to introduce GnR to a new generation.   including ex-members only confuses things and leads people not in the know to believe things that aren't true.

they might just end up putting in the old band if they decided to really make a GNR GH game. id love to see the current members but i dont see that happening.

The new BAND will NEVER be the focus of anything until they actually do something. Touring under the name gnr and playing 95% of someone else's music is not doing something. That is being a cover band. No offense to the new band, I love em, but anything gnr will ALWAYS be axl, slash, duff, izzy, adler (and sometimes matt) until the world (not just a few people listening to half done leaks on a message board hears something NEW.  The old band have had HUGE tours, best selling cd's, and will NEVER be forgotten.

Yeah this is true. The current members of the band are all amazing musicians in their own right and have great chemistry playing together, but until the album is officially released, they're not going to be known, and GNR will always be associated with the old lineup.

I know that most people just go to see GNR to enjoy the classic songs and are indifferent to the lineup, but its just disappointing that the current members of the band don't get their due recognition, and at this time, to most of the crowd they're just "that dude whose playing bass now with GNR" or "the guy with the beard playing guitar".

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:17:41 PM by ben785 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »

Yeah this is true. The current members of the band are all amazing musicians in their own right and have great chemistry playing together, but until the album is officially released, they're not going to be known, and GNR will always be associated with the old lineup.

I know that most people just go to see GNR to enjoy the classic songs and are indifferent to the lineup, but its just disappointing that the current members of the band don't get their due recognition, and at this time, to most of the crowd they're just "that dude whose playing bass now with GNR" or "the dude with the beard playing guitar".

but something like Guitar Hero could CHANGE that perception so many people wrongly have.    Including former members is only going to further confuse and it would be a slap in the face to the guys in the band who actually deserve it.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

I don't understand... Wouldn't this game be a good way to promote the NEW album and, because of that, would include the new members?

I'm assuming if this is true that it would be attached with the new album. The new band won't release anything untill the new album is out, just look at the Vegas DVD...

ben9785
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »

I don't understand... Wouldn't this game be a good way to promote the NEW album and, because of that, would include the new members?

I'm assuming if this is true that it would be attached with the new album. The new band won't release anything untill the new album is out, just look at the Vegas DVD...

Yeah of course it would, I completely agree, also with what Jim Bob was implying.

But it's not enough just releasing a game with their likeliness (sp?) and the album with their credits.

People need to actually be 'introduced' to the band members and have genuine interest and excitement in their position in GNR, otherwise they'll be picking up the game and saying "Damn, there's no SLASH, ah forget it".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:45:21 PM by ben785 » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 07:54:01 PM »

I think this was a fake thing some guy over at CD.com came up with and make a fake cover art. I'll see if I can find it.

Cool if it would happen, but I doubt it :/
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »

Guitar Hero should be about both old and new. Without the old lineup, you would NOT have this current lineup of GNR.  I don't like  stirring things up since I have my own things to worry about, but I'm sick of reading some members ragging on the old band. It's like give it up already. We don't know the entire story and NEVER will. All of them are to be blamed for the success and demise of the original Guns N' Roses. With this new band, I'm interested in hearing the new songs.

In Guitar Hero, I would LOVE to  hear Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, Civil War, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Estranged, TWAT, IRS,  Chinese Democracy and  Madagascar.  Obviously the shits will be on Huitar Hero.
ben9785
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 08:09:23 PM »

I think this was a fake thing some guy over at CD.com came up with and make a fake cover art. I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned before that it was just fan cover art. I think someone might have posted it over here, but I can't find it now.

It would be a good idea though, to capitalize on the consumer interest with Guitar Hero
ben9785
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »

Guitar Hero should be about both old and new. Without the old lineup, you would NOT have this current lineup of GNR.  I don't like  stirring things up since I have my own things to worry about, but I'm sick of reading some members ragging on the old band. It's like give it up already. We don't know the entire story and NEVER will. All of them are to be blamed for the success and demise of the original Guns N' Roses. With this new band, I'm interested in hearing the new songs.

In Guitar Hero, I would LOVE to  hear Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, Civil War, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Estranged, TWAT, IRS,  Chinese Democracy and  Madagascar.  Obviously the shits will be on Huitar Hero.

Yeah, this could be done. Personally though I was expecting that such an idea of releasing a GNR specific Guitar Hero game would be based on the release of the new album, and the new band members.

Of course they could find ways to implement all the band members both old and new and base it on career modes or special unlocking features or hidden extras or whatever.

Maybe make the foundation of the game based on the new band and new songs and when you complete a career or a mission or whatever, then you unlock the bonus feature and you can play as any of the former band members, and also unlock more old songs or something.

I just feel that the release of such a game, which would undoubtedly coincide with the release of a new album or tour, should first emphasize the current lineup and existence of the band.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:14:53 PM by ben785 » Logged
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

I know that most people just go to see GNR to enjoy the classic songs and are indifferent to the lineup, but its just disappointing that the current members of the band don't get their due recognition, and at this time, to most of the crowd they're just "that dude whose playing bass now with GNR" or "the dude with the beard playing guitar".

but something like Guitar Hero could CHANGE that perception so many people wrongly have.    Including former members is only going to further confuse and it would be a slap in the face to the guys in the band who actually deserve it.

Yes it COULD change the perception, BUT only with new material. SCOM is a song by old gnr, as is PC, and everything else we know and love. You cant put those songs on the game and say it is by these new guys. Its just not possible. And I dont think the new guys would want that either.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »

Guitar Hero should be about both old and new. Without the old lineup, you would NOT have this current lineup of GNR.  I don't like  stirring things up since I have my own things to worry about, but I'm sick of reading some members ragging on the old band. It's like give it up already. We don't know the entire story and NEVER will. All of them are to be blamed for the success and demise of the original Guns N' Roses. With this new band, I'm interested in hearing the new songs.

In Guitar Hero, I would LOVE to  hear Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, Nightrain, Civil War, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Estranged, TWAT, IRS,  Chinese Democracy and  Madagascar.  Obviously the shits will be on Huitar Hero.

Now there is a great idea! Nice post. Agree 100%
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »

Yeah, I think it was mentioned before that it was just fan cover art. I think someone might have posted it over here, but I can't find it now.

It would be a good idea though, to capitalize on the consumer interest with Guitar Hero
Well, I dunno. The source is a portuguese site about informatics stuff. Also, they mentioned Metallica too.

But yeah, I don't know if its credible.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »

if this rumor is true ill be cool if career mode will be like a gnr time line where you start off playing shows at the roxy either being able to play slash or izzy and as years go by you get more songs to play and what not and by the year 2000 you'll be able to play as the new band members along with the new gnr songs
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 08:42:29 PM »

Honestly I don't like the idea of GNR of doing an exclusive GH game.  GH 4 with a CD song will be okay.

Still think them having a song in GTA IV would be more effectiv.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »

If the idea behind the game is to include the classic GN'R songs, then only the old band deserves to be included in it.  There's no way around that.

Ali
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »

i think its a great idea and the game will sell like crazy not because its GNR but because its a guitar hero game. plus this is another way for people who never heard gnr to get into them.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

do you seriously think the old guys would sign off on the music being used on guitar hero if they weren't in it? if they did it it would be a majority of songs, if not all songs written and recorded by the old band.

to put the new band over that would be a slap in the face to the guys who wrote the songs and made them huge.

the only way it would work is if they all agreed on a changing faces situation where you go through the evolution of the band, so it features all the members from old and current.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »

All this "old vs new" shit is getting boring. Slap in the face this and that.

People quit the band, they left it behind.

If they made a game with GN'R's music mixing old and new, who the hell would expect the former members to be the ones doing the work? They're supposed to be busy with their current band(s).

The current band is what keeps GN'R going. Don't forget that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: