Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terminator 4 Salvation: The Future Begins  (Read 51430 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: February 28, 2008, 02:51:07 AM »

Terminator release date confirmed

BBC World

The fourth movie in the Terminator series will be released on 22 May 2009, film studio bosses have announced.

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins features Batman Begins star Christian Bale as rebel leader John Connor.

Charlie's Angels director McG will take the helm on the movie, which is expected to be the first in a new Terminator trilogy.

Production will begin in May this year in New Mexico in the US and will be the biggest film ever shot in the state.

McG said in a statement that New Mexico represented an arid Western United States in a post-apocalyptic future.

"This is the story of a man's search for belief in himself and his fellow man. It's a long journey and the landscape plays a critical role," he said.

The film will open against family film Night at the Museum II: Escape From the Smithsonian - the sequel to the 2006 film starring Ben Stiller as a night security guard who realizes the exhibits where he works come to life when the sun goes down.

The last Terminator movie - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - starring California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, was released in 2003 and earned $150.4m (?75.7m) in the US.

EDIT: Changed title.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:57:26 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:11:56 AM »

Cool only three weeks after my birthday.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 04:47:30 AM »

Charlie's Angels director McG will take the helm on the movie,

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:25:36 AM »

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!

I take it you didn't know this information yet?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »

The Charlie's Angels movies were awful. Uh oh.......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »

I read in an online article that james cameron recommended that director to the movie company...so maybe hes not that bad lol.

html sucks
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »

Still trying to figure out why Bale would do this given that McG is the director. It's gotta be a cash grab from Bale. He's not getting paid anywhere near as much as he deserves for the Batman movies because they aren't huge box office smashes.
GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »

Ah...I don't know...the first two were great, T3 was good...let it go...
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 02:11:26 PM »

Ah...I don't know...the first two were great, T3 was good...let it go...

Did McG direct those movies? No. I fear he'll ruin the franchise. The first 3 ARE good movies, which is why a hack like McG shouldn't be allowed to put his stamp on the franchise. Hopefully Bale picked this role because the screenplay is very good.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »

you also do realise Arnolds not in this either....

McG is a horrible director...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »

dudes...Terminator 3 is a big pile of shit how can you guys even put it in the same league as Terminator 1 and 2?

html sucks
GeraldFord
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »

Don't let the Terminator series end up like the Crow...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »

Cry

wow i really hope that this does'nt totally kill Terminator for me or anyone else. I'm not gonna lie, on May 22nd 2009 i am going to brace myself for total shit. Not gonna lie.

why can't they get the actors and actress' from the 3rd one instead of having a whole new cast AGAIN!?!?!?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »

dudes...Terminator 3 is a big pile of shit how can you guys even put it in the same league as Terminator 1 and 2?

Could not agree more. T2 is possibly my favorite movie ever....either T2 or army of darkness..I've been going back and forth for years...anyway when I started reading that article and saw the Bale part I was briefly excited. John Connor, the best and last hope for all mankind, should not be a 5 foot 4 crybaby wuss like in T3. I swear he had more balls as a preteen. However that excitement was quickly destroyed by the mention of McG. If Cameron did actually recommend him it's probably cause he's still pist they keep churning these things out when he never wanted anything made after T2 and he's trying to sabotage the film. Which after T3 you can't blame him for.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »

Cry

wow i really hope that this does'nt totally kill Terminator for me or anyone else. I'm not gonna lie, on May 22nd 2009 i am going to brace myself for total shit. Not gonna lie.

why can't they get the actors and actress' from the 3rd one instead of having a whole new cast AGAIN!?!?!?

The actors? You're worried about the actors? You should be far more worried about the DIRECTOR. He's a hack, plain and simple. As far as actors go, Christian Bale is a million times better than Nick Stahl.
ben9785
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »

I don't see the point making this film. There's already The Chronicles of Sarah Connor, isn't that enough?
They have to make a feature film based on John Connor as well. Is it going to be a continuation from the last film?

They've already covered John Connor in his youth and adulthood, they've had a glimpse into the future where he's fighting the war with a bunch of robots and leftover humans who got slaughtered anyway, they've already exploited his mother in her own dedicated TV series, they've covered the events leading to and including Judgement day, they've covered two different models of the helpful terminator, they've covered two or three 'evil' terminators who have all come back from the future for the same thing..

Where do they go from here?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »

I don't see the point making this film. There's already The Chronicles of Sarah Connor, isn't that enough?
They have to make a feature film based on John Connor as well. Is it going to be a continuation from the last film?

They've already covered John Connor in his youth and adulthood, they've had a glimpse into the future where he's fighting the war with a bunch of robots and leftover humans who got slaughtered anyway, they've already exploited his mother in her own dedicated TV series, they've covered the events leading to and including Judgement day, they've covered two different models of the helpful terminator, they've covered two or three 'evil' terminators who have all come back from the future for the same thing..

Where do they go from here?

It takes place in the future. We get to see the war now.
ben9785
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »

I just hope there is a decent context/storyline, and it's not one and a half hours of CGI war
Chief
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 10:02:06 PM »

exactly.  can't wait to see how it turns out.. i hope they are careful and don't screw it up!
but with Bale, i have high hopes!

let the GNR song on the movie soundtrack rumors start.. NOW!   hihi

I just hope there is a decent context/storyline, and it's not one and a half hours of CGI war

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ben9785
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:39:20 PM »

...let the GNR song on the movie soundtrack rumors start.. NOW!   hihi

Oh boy; well I'm hoping that something would have been released well before that time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: