Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 243613 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »

great superbowl. great game and Bruce was awesome at halftime.

the cards are a great team. they didn't play well in the first half and took critical penalties all game. yet they still were up with less than a minute to play.

cards +7 was the pick. i believe this is only the 8th superbowl where the underdog covered but did not win outright.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1041 on: February 02, 2009, 12:21:59 AM »

FUCK. YEAH!

GO STEELERS! What a game, what a comeback!!!

UNREAL!!!!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #1042 on: February 02, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »

Woo Hoo - what a game!!!!! beer

Not only did my team win, but I won quite a bit of money!  Grin

Why don't you just....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1043 on: February 02, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »

Glad to see a good game.  We've had a couple of mighty fine Super Bowls in recent years, after a lot of blowouts.

Congrats to the Steelers (and Hil Dog, who deserves it since he's also a Pirates fan).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1044 on: February 02, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »

Looked like an incomplete pass at the end of that game. Did anyone else notice once they called it a fumble NBC did not show a replay or talk about it at all, even when doing the little post game wrap with the pre-game guys?  hihi  Cardinals would have had a shot at one more play. With that penalty pitt got the cards should of had the ball at the 29 yard line with about 8 or 9 seconds left. Thats a good shot when you got Larry, Boldin, and Breston.

They should of at least reviewed that play. Oh and lets not forget Holmes' Lebron celebration after the go ahead touchdown. Using the ball as a prop is an automatic 15 yarder. But of course they didn't call it. I hate that the NFL stands for the no fun leauge but if the rule is there use it. He shoulda been flagged.

Well, i guess it fits. End a shitty officiating year. With shitty officiating. How the fuck do they not at least review that suposed fumble?  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1045 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »

It did turn into a pretty good Superbowl in the 4th quarter, although I wasn't really into it up to that point. Pittsburgh was in control pretty much the entire game, but their failure to get TDs inside their own 10-yard line kept them from having a more commanding lead. That 100-yard INT return by Harrison was awesome. I'm glad it turned into a game, because I was seriously thinking it'd be a blowout. Although who didn't think that Big Ben would drive down and get a TD with 2:37 on the clock still? He's been doing it all season.

Like everyone, I can't believe they didn't review that last play. Supposedly the people upstairs felt it was a definate fumble, but most people I know agree with me that it was a forward pass. Pittsburgh would've most likely won anyway . . . But when you've got someone like Larry Fitzgerald on your team, anything is possible.

Here Today . . .
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1046 on: February 02, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »

Like everyone, I can't believe they didn't review that last play. Supposedly the people upstairs felt it was a definate fumble, but most people I know agree with me that it was a forward pass. Pittsburgh would've most likely won anyway . . . But when you've got someone like Larry Fitzgerald on your team, anything is possible.

To me, his arm was CLEARLY going forward and he CLEARLY had control of the ball as his arm snapped forward.  That was, IMHO, textbook "incomplete pass".

I don't know what they saw upstairs that had them so convinced.  On the replays, I was just more convinced than I was "live".  After the FIRST time it happened, I would have thought the booth might look more closely.  Again, my opinion is...the refs got the call wrong.

That being said, like you,  I'm not sure it would have actually changed the outcome of the game.  They rule it an incomplete pass and there's not much time left to do anything.  Granted, anything can happen in one play (witness the 100 yd interception) so who knows.  But...not having a real "horse" in the race....while I'm miffed about the bad call, I feel a bit more "ok" with it because I don't think the outcome would have changed even if they'd gotten it right.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1047 on: February 02, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »

Looked like an incomplete pass at the end of that game. Did anyone else notice once they called it a fumble NBC did not show a replay or talk about it at all, even when doing the little post game wrap with the pre-game guys?  hihi  Cardinals would have had a shot at one more play. With that penalty pitt got the cards should of had the ball at the 29 yard line with about 8 or 9 seconds left. Thats a good shot when you got Larry, Boldin, and Breston.

They should of at least reviewed that play. Oh and lets not forget Holmes' Lebron celebration after the go ahead touchdown. Using the ball as a prop is an automatic 15 yarder. But of course they didn't call it. I hate that the NFL stands for the no fun leauge but if the rule is there use it. He shoulda been flagged.

Well, i guess it fits. End a shitty officiating year. With shitty officiating. How the fuck do they not at least review that suposed fumble?  smoking

Umm..."ditto" seems to suffice, here.

Clearly a place they should have reviewed it.  I mean...how many times do they review something MUCH more clear cut than that was?  Gotta review that play.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1048 on: February 02, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »

definitely should've been a 15 yard penalty on the kick off. With JJ Arrington returning, Arizona could've started around the 40 yard line.

that gives u what would've been about 28 seconds and 2 timeouts to go 60 yards.  that easily could've happened.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1049 on: February 02, 2009, 03:49:20 PM »

The Cards were unneccesarily aggressive before the half, going shotgun / 4 wide at the goal line.  Just run the ball, take a field goal and go into halftime tied, which would have been totally acceptable given they were outplayed in the 1st half.  Obviously, that ended up killing them. 

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1050 on: February 02, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

The Cards were unneccesarily aggressive before the half, going shotgun / 4 wide at the goal line.  Just run the ball, take a field goal and go into halftime tied, which would have been totally acceptable given they were outplayed in the 1st half.  Obviously, that ended up killing them. 

Thats what they have been doing all year. Playing aggressive is their bread and butter.

I wish they could have ran it in the endzone but their short yardage game is abysmal. If there is one sure thing the cardinals cannot do, its run a touchdown from inside the five yard line. They just can't do it. So, I dont mind the call, it was just a great defensive call. Warner read blitz and got beat on a great fake. There wasn't much that warner could have done besides making a different read. He had me and my friends fooled too. We knew where the ball was gonna be thrown cuz we thought for sure Harrison was comin. Knew that spot right there would be open. Maybe not exactly where he threw it but saw a quick slant comming and that lane being open. A great fuckin play dialed up my Lebeau and a nice catch and run by harrison.  smoking
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:27:51 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1051 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

they said if Arizona had ran Hightower out into the flat, Harrison would've had to cover him and the pick wouldn't have happened. So it was kind of a gaffe in the playcalling

that play ultimately didn't lose them the game though

they still had the lead with 2 minutes to go and their Defensive back choked it way by slipping down.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1052 on: February 02, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »

they didn't have any timeouts left and there were only 18 seconds left. they couldn't run the ball in that situation.

it was just a great defensive call. warner needed to read the coverage better, although that was a challenge in that situation. had to get rid of the ball quick because a sack maybe ends the half.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #1053 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »

I lost a lot of respect for James Harrison when he was on the ground punching that Cardinals player. That was a boneheaded play especially in a game of this magnitude.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1054 on: February 02, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »

This is why Tom Brady PLAYS in Super Bowls instead of going to watch them in person.  No offense to Matt Cassel as he did a fine job this year.  If only the Patriots had a defense worth a damn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/gatecrasher/index.html

New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel doesn?t like golden showers.

The football star was in line for the bathroom at ESPN?s Tampa Bay Super Bowl bash Friday night when a drunken reveler tried to cut in front of him. ?Matt told him to wait his turn and headed into the urinals,? a spy tells us. Moments later, the fella barged in and proceeded to purposefully pee directly on Cassel?s leg. After security tossed the drunk, Cassel headed back out into the crowd, wet pants and all.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1055 on: February 02, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »

I lost a lot of respect for James Harrison when he was on the ground punching that Cardinals player. That was a boneheaded play especially in a game of this magnitude.

once again, Arizona barely breathe on Roethlisberger and get a 15 yard flag, Harrison mugs a Card and gets nothing.

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #1056 on: February 02, 2009, 11:56:43 PM »

The football star was in line for the bathroom at ESPN?s Tampa Bay Super Bowl bash Friday night when a drunken reveler tried to cut in front of him. ?Matt told him to wait his turn and headed into the urinals,? a spy tells us. Moments later, the fella barged in and proceeded to purposefully pee directly on Cassel?s leg. After security tossed the drunk, Cassel headed back out into the crowd, wet pants and all.

[/quote]

Oh man, you just can't make that shit up rofl
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #1057 on: February 02, 2009, 11:59:03 PM »

Im not going to blame the refs, but there were some questionable calls, as there are in almost any high-profile NFL game. That one roughing the passer call on Dansby I think, was bullshit. These guys are running full speed and hes supposed to stop in half a second to avoid hitting Ben. Give me a break.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1058 on: February 03, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »

Im not going to blame the refs, but there were some questionable calls, as there are in almost any high-profile NFL game. That one roughing the passer call on Dansby I think, was bullshit. These guys are running full speed and hes supposed to stop in half a second to avoid hitting Ben. Give me a break.

Yeah there is just no way these guys can just stop.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1059 on: February 03, 2009, 02:02:14 AM »

If they had tackled the thug wearing #92, the Cardinals would have come away with the W.

It's that simple.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: