Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 243370 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

My favorite football player, Brett Favre has retired.

I have no reason to watch the game anymore.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »

It truly is an end of an era. The great quarterbacks I watched as kid and a teen like Joe Montana, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, and Drew Bledsoe, who may not be as good as the others but held a special place in my heart, and now Brett Favre have all retired. Though I was growing tired of his media coverage, I will miss watching Brett Favre play. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »

It will def. be strange watching the NFL season without hearing Brett Favre's name called during player introductions for Green Bay. It sucks to see him go, and a sad day for all of us football fans, but he had a fantastic career and I think I speak for us all when I say he has all of our respect.

Good luck to you in whatever you do now Brett, you will surely be missed by fans and players alike  beer

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »

I doubt this is the last we've heard on Favre's "retirement".  His agent is already talking about how the team did nothing to encourage him to stay.  I'll go out on limb and guess that an un-retirement is on the horizon...

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »

I doubt this is the last we've heard on Favre's "retirement".  His agent is already talking about how the team did nothing to encourage him to stay.  I'll go out on limb and guess that an un-retirement is on the horizon...

If he officially declares himself for retirement with the NFL than I believe he has to sit out a year in order to be let of his contract with green bay and pursue an un-retirement. Of course thats assuming if he does un-retire that he would not want to play for the Packers.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 05:56:33 PM »

Right now, John Madden is a very sad man.  We all respect Favre, but Madden had a serious man-crush on good ol' Brett.  I wonder if he'll have a new favorite?  It'll take a while for John.

Seriously, it's a sad day, we're losing one of the all-time greats.  It just won't be the same.  Aaron Rodgers has an enormous legend to live up to in Green Bay.  They are still a quality football team. 

F all this nice stuff, bring Brett to Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Favre would give us the Super Bowl!  The final piece to the puzzle!!!   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »

Right now, John Madden is a very sad man.  We all respect Favre, but Madden had a serious man-crush on good ol' Brett.  I wonder if he'll have a new favorite?  It'll take a while for John.

Seriously, it's a sad day, we're losing one of the all-time greats.  It just won't be the same.  Aaron Rodgers has an enormous legend to live up to in Green Bay.  They are still a quality football team. 

F all this nice stuff, bring Brett to Minnesota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Favre would give us the Super Bowl!  The final piece to the puzzle!!!   yes

If he does come back I hope he lands back in Green Bay or like you hope in Minnesota, because some think that the Jets or Dolphins would pursue him if he was available and i'm a Patriots fan so having him in my division would SUCK!!!  no

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 02:30:12 AM »

If he officially declares himself for retirement with the NFL than I believe he has to sit out a year in order to be let of his contract with green bay and pursue an un-retirement. Of course thats assuming if he does un-retire that he would not want to play for the Packers.  smoking

He hasn't signed any paperwork.

After I stopped crying, I thought of John Madden and the poor shape he must be in!

BOOM! 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 07:27:18 AM »

Favre has to be the most overrated Athlete of the 20th/21st century

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »

Seriously man?  Darryl Strawberry?  Reggie Jackson?  Tony Mandarich?  (he was a GNR fan too f.y.i.),
  I can think of a lot more overrated athletes.  You have g o t to respect Favre's consecutive game streak.  I personally believe it's more impressive than Cal Ripken's streak in baseball.  just my 2 cents. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »

You have g o t to respect Favre's consecutive game streak.  I personally believe it's more impressive than Cal Ripken's streak in baseball.  just my 2 cents. 

Well.....YEAH!  Big huge linebackers don't come at you when they are rounding third!  hihi

Favre is sooooo not overrated.  He's done everything that a great QB should do, and then some.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »

The game he played the night after his dad died...that was the closest thing to magic that I've seen since Kirk Gibson's Game 1 1988 World Series performance.  I will never forget that.  Man, was he fun to watch.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »

The game he played the night after his dad died...that was the closest thing to magic that I've seen since Kirk Gibson's Game 1 1988 World Series performance.  I will never forget that.  Man, was he fun to watch.   yes

I have to argue with you there. He played a great game when he was having a rough time in his personal life. But it wasnt in the play-offs, it wasn't in the championship game and it wasnt in the superbowl. It was a regular season game against a shitty raiders team that exceeded expectations because his dad died that day. I understand the emotion he was going through was great but he played a shitty raiders team on monday night and kicked their ass. That was a play-off bound packer team that kicked the shit out of a 4-11 raider team. It wasnt exactly difficult to do that season. It is a very over-rated performance.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »

I have to argue with you there. He played a great game when he was having a rough time in his personal life. But it wasnt in the play-offs, it wasn't in the championship game and it wasnt in the superbowl. It was a regular season game against a shitty raiders team that exceeded expectations because his dad died that day. I understand the emotion he was going through was great but he played a shitty raiders team on monday night and kicked their ass. That was a play-off bound packer team that kicked the shit out of a 4-11 raider team. It wasnt exactly difficult to do that season. It is a very over-rated performance.  smoking

Dude, his dad just died!  You're killin' me here!   Smiley
I'd have to look back at who was in the Raiders' secondary that year.  I'm assuming Charles Woodson was there...that aint too shabby.   peace
Favre was a great quarterback.  Top 5?  Not in my book.  Possibly Top 10, definitely top 15.  Automatic Hall-of-Famer.  How could anybody not enjoy watching this guy rocket that ball in there like it was a baseball?  Also, the consecutive games streak can't be raved about too much.  It's just absolutely insane.

I think Rodgers has a nice team around him and should have some success in '08.

Since I ranked Favre up there, I guess I'll have to mention who I have rated above him (in my opinion) off the top of my head:
*Montana
*Brady
*Peyton
*Young (flame away, I'd still want him as my quarterback over Favre)
*Marino

Right now, it would be tough for me to take Favre over Elway.

But, I'd definitely take Favre over Aikman.  No offense to Troy.   

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »

Dude, his dad just died!  You're killin' me here!   Smiley
I'd have to look back at who was in the Raiders' secondary that year.  I'm assuming Charles Woodson was there...that aint too shabby.   peace
Favre was a great quarterback.  Top 5?  Not in my book.  Possibly Top 10, definitely top 15.  Automatic Hall-of-Famer.  How could anybody not enjoy watching this guy rocket that ball in there like it was a baseball?  Also, the consecutive games streak can't be raved about too much.  It's just absolutely insane.

I think Rodgers has a nice team around him and should have some success in '08.

Since I ranked Favre up there, I guess I'll have to mention who I have rated above him (in my opinion) off the top of my head:
*Montana
*Brady
*Peyton
*Young (flame away, I'd still want him as my quarterback over Favre)
*Marino

Right now, it would be tough for me to take Favre over Elway.

But, I'd definitely take Favre over Aikman.  No offense to Troy.   

If i remember correctly woodson was out and they had a slew of injuries that year along with the mega age factor that team had...it was old. Just coming off the ass-whoopin tampa gave em in the superbowl and having a shitty season. Thats the season that began the shit of oakland for the last 5 years. So ya it was a good performance by favre. But it wasnt the greatest thing ever..giving the circumstances it was an above-par performance against a non-playoff caliber team in week 15 of the season on monday night football. Not to mention Favre has done well on monday night through out his career. It isnt up there with other play-off and superbowl performances we've seen.

If Rogers can stay healthy, he may have a good season. I think the pack is lucky they be in the division with the bears, lions, and one-dimensional vikings. They should still be the favorites to win that division.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »

Did you just call my Vikings one-dimensional???  Okay, you're right.  Grin  But...who cares?  If teams can't stop the run, they'll be fucked.  Sidney Rice is developing and Bernard Berrian is a legitimate receiver.

Then consider the fact the Vikes have the best defense in the NFL against the run.  Then consider the fact they added the highest ranked free agent safety, Madieu Williams.  Now if we could only throw the ball on offense good enough to be average and not horrible...rush the opposing quarterback and stop the pass, we'd be Super Bowl contenders!!!

Now, paint it however you wanna paint it, that game from Favre was magical.  He was chucking balls into triple coverage that night, and Packer receivers kept snagging them.  His dad had just died, and it was like his dad's spirit was there just moving the ball a little bit toward the Packers receivers.  Greatest game ever?  No.  One of the most emotional?  Hell yeah!!!   peace

btw, I still think the NFC North will be a very tough division.  The Packers, Vikes, and Bears will be legitimate playoff contenders.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

Cry   I... I don't remember football without Brett Favre... this is going to be so strange....
I'm happy for him, though. He went out on a high note which is what we all hoped for him. The last thing I would've wanted to see was him carried off the field to never play again due to injury or to have him fizzle out on a mediocre season like the one before this year.

He was a fucking legend... we'll miss him.

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »

Brett had a gift when it came to playing the game, but he also had a lot of heart and character. Brett was never full of himself and I'll miss the guy tremendously come august.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 10:16:10 PM »

Watch out for the Vikings this year...we just picked up an excellent quarterback to take over if Tarvaris doesn't work out...the one and only Gus Frerotte.  Hopefully Brohm or Flacco are available after the 1st round (we need a defensive end)...Colt Brennan would be an intriguing pick in the 4th round seeing as how he's coming off hip surgery.  Go Vikes!!!   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:26 PM »

How bout em' Cowboys?

I love them so much. I hope this year they make another run. I think they will, hell they did it last year with 1.5 WRs. Maybe Glenn will be back to 100%.

Witten and Owens was their only weapons, and Crayton needs to either catch some balls or get out and let Sam Hurd start...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: