Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 243678 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1080 on: February 04, 2009, 07:41:43 AM »

OKay, seriously, thats enough whining about the officiating.

The Steelers were the better team, Ben looked like a great QB in that game, and the defense played fantastic.. don't try and take that away from them, they WERE the better team.

Was it the referee's that led the Steelers down to score on their first drive? Was it the referee's that shut down Fitzgerald for almost the whole game? Was it the referee's that shut down the run game of the Cards? No. Steelers won, deal with it, stop crying and complaining.

ALL true.  I didn't think the officiating was all that terrible (IMHO, 2 standout bad calls...the one roughing the passer call and the other the "fumble" at the end), and I don't think it had much, if any, effect on the outcome.  It wasn't a standout game from the officiating sense...too much ticky tack for my tastest that made the 1st 3 qtrs very choppy.  But the one thing you DO have to say is that at least it was pretty "balanced"...they certainly weren't going after one team more than the other.

And BTW, that fumble at the end was clearly a fumble, he did not have control of that ball whatsoever after he was hit.

On THAT, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.   I've seen that SAME play, over and over, reviewed and called an incomplete pass.  It looked like the EXACT same situation, movement, and ball control from earlier in the game which was ruled a fumble on the field, and then overturned from the booth. Gets hit as the arm goes back, as it's coming forward the arm gets knocked, and the ball flies FORWARD.  He didn't get hit from behind....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:50:02 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »

I did not have a problem with the officiating...and, I firmly believe that was the best Super Bowl I've witnessed.  If it wasn't for the fact I was doing dishes and tons of loads of laundry during the game (wife and kids sick with awful diarrhea AND vomiting) it would have been even better!  Smiley

btw, when was that milf reporter at NBC hired?  Was it just for the super bowl?  Honestly, I don't remember seeing her b4 that game...I wish I had!  I love the stupid questions the hotties always ask.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1082 on: February 05, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

Bummer for the Cardinals. Hopefully, next years Superbowl will be more interesting and exciting for me. 

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #1083 on: February 05, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »

The NFL's VP of officiating, I believe it was, said that Holmes should have received 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct and that the fumble/incomplete pass should have been reviewed on the field.

He also said the correct call was made (I still disagree; he pretty much HAS to say that to try to at least partially save face after all the shitty officiating this entire season).

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1084 on: February 05, 2009, 11:25:49 PM »

6x
headbanger

anyone else getting one of those shirts they were advertising on QVC after the game? i'm getting the one that had the 6x logo on it with the superbowl number and scores of the game and who they beat Cool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1085 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »

Mal Brossard, I can't stop looking at your avatar. It's why this smiley was created:  drool

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1086 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »

Mal Brossard, I can't stop looking at your avatar. It's why this smiley was created:  drool

I watch it over and over and over just hoping by some grace of God, the scene actually continues!  BUT IT NEVER DOES!  Damn you Brossard!   rant
 Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #1087 on: February 08, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »

I always hope that 1. it continues, and 2. that someone would tell me the name of the chick and where I can find more of her.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1088 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:18 AM »

Looks like Favre's retiring.  http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29137911/   Wonder who he'll play for next year.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1089 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »

He's not coming back this time.

I am a man without a team.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1090 on: February 12, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

Hasn't the Green Bay Packers now offered to retire his #4 jersey?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1091 on: February 12, 2009, 08:56:01 PM »

Hasn't the Green Bay Packers now offered to retire his #4 jersey?

That would be sweet...so next Fall when Minnesota visits Green Bay with Brett in purple and gold, he can win as a Viking in the house where his jersey is retired.   Grin

seriously, he's done.  If he doesn't want to be a Viking though, I'm happy for him...but he really could put us over the top.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »

I think he's really done this time. I think if he really had any intention of returning again he'd have the surgery to repair the bicep. It clearly affected him down the stretch so why would he try to play with it still torn?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1093 on: February 13, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »

with Brett in purple and gold

I'd rather you get McNabb like you want so much.  hihi

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1094 on: February 13, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

As I'm sitting here wearing my 2003 Syracuse University NCAA Championship T-shirt, hellz yeah I would prefer D-Mac in Minnesota!  Unfortunately, I don't see it happening though.  As piss-poor as the Eagles fans treat him, he's still a classy and loyal guy.  Minnesota just needs a quarterback who doesn't suck.   Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1095 on: February 13, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »

As I'm sitting here wearing my 2003 Syracuse University NCAA Championship T-shirt, hellz yeah I would prefer D-Mac in Minnesota!  Unfortunately, I don't see it happening though.  As piss-poor as the Eagles fans treat him, he's still a classy and loyal guy.  Minnesota just needs a quarterback who doesn't suck.   Sad

Well I for one would love to see him out of Philadelphia or even out of the NFL for that matter.  hihi

sandman
Legend

« Reply #1096 on: February 14, 2009, 10:55:27 AM »

I would prefer D-Mac in Minnesota!  Unfortunately, I don't see it happening though.  As piss-poor as the Eagles fans treat him, he's still a classy and loyal guy. 
you may get your wish. i don't know if you've been paying attention, but D-Mac threw his D under the bus last week. Runyan didn't exactly give him a strong vote of confidence when asked about him. current defensive players are taking the high road, but retired D players like trotter and hugh douglas said those comments were out of line. they sounded pretty angry this week and they have been mcnabb defenders. by the way, this is the same defense that has been ranked higher than the offense for 8 of the last 10 seasons.

mcnabb is probably gonna sit down with management sometime in the next few days. he could have some unreasonable demands and write his ticket out of town. he's under contract and they could tell him to honor it. we'll see.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1097 on: February 14, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »

Would Philly trade Donovan to the NFC though and to a SB contender?

I personally don't think so

If Mcnabb goes anywhere it will be either to the Jets, Chiefs, definitely an AFC team.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1098 on: February 14, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »

Would Philly trade Donovan to the NFC though and to a SB contender?

I personally don't think so

If Mcnabb goes anywhere it will be either to the Jets, Chiefs, definitely an AFC team.

you're probably right. but if it gets ugly enough, nothing would surprise me. an interesting team would be the cardinals (for Boldin).

i'm guessing mcnabb's demands will be fairly reasonable, they extend him and hopefully bring some weapons. send a 1 and a 3 or whatever it takes to get boldin. or sign Hoosh. and quite frankly, why not get both done? i mean if reid is gonna throw the ball 70%, go all out. and it's not like we need much help on defense.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1099 on: February 14, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »

Ive just never understood Philly management

McNabb puts up amazing numbers with 4 of us on here as his WR's and Philly competes every year

Can't they realize if they just went out and got a true number 1 receiver for mcnabb and a between the tackles RB, they'd be super bowl champs?

bring in Larry Johnson and make a deal for TJ Houzmenzadah *HOWEVER U SPELL IT* 

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: