Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 243018 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1100 on: February 14, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »

Would Philly trade Donovan to the NFC though and to a SB contender?

I personally don't think so

If Mcnabb goes anywhere it will be either to the Jets, Chiefs, definitely an AFC team.

you're probably right. but if it gets ugly enough, nothing would surprise me. an interesting team would be the cardinals (for Boldin).

i'm guessing mcnabb's demands will be fairly reasonable, they extend him and hopefully bring some weapons. send a 1 and a 3 or whatever it takes to get boldin. or sign Hoosh. and quite frankly, why not get both done? i mean if reid is gonna throw the ball 70%, go all out. and it's not like we need much help on defense.   

rofl  The Eagles?  acquiring Boldin or Hoosh...or Chad Johnson?   rofl  God, I hope McNabb goes to a real team.  Hell, the Chiefs at least have a legit #1 wr in Dwayne Bowe.  If he does stay in Philly, I hope they do act completely out of character and sign a real wide receiver. (but I don't think they will)  (btw Sandman, I haven't looked, but I'm going to guess that one of those two seasons in the last 10 where the Eagles offense was ranked higher than their defense was '04 when they had a real #1 wr)

Here are the free agent wr's out there: 

1.    T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals. Age: 31.
      It's amazing that T.J. Houshmandzadeh was still able to produce with Ryan Fitzpatrick under center. That should tell you how talented he is. Any team looking for a receiver will be praying that the Bengals don't slap Who's-Your-Momma with a franchise tag.

2. Antonio Bryant, Buccaneers. Age: 28.
      Antonio Bryant would be a 4.5- or a 5-star receiver on this list if he weren't such a headache in the locker room. Of course, Bryant worked hard this season because he was in his contract year. If I were trying to sign Bryant to a long-term deal, I'd make it very laden with incentives. Otherwise, I'd be scared that he'd revert to Sloth Mode.

3. Lance Moore (RFA), Saints. Age: 26.
      Lance Moore had a breakout year in 2008, catching 79 balls for 928 yards and 10 touchdowns. Those who argue that Moore did nothing once Marques Colston returned to the lineup may have missed his eight-catch, 91-yard, two-touchdown performance against Carolina in Week 17.

4. Nate Washington, Steelers. Age: 26.
      A potent deep threat for the Steelers, Nate Washington caught 40 passes for 631 yards and three touchdowns in 2008.

5. Malcolm Floyd (RFA), Chargers. Age: 27.
      At 6-5, 225, Malcolm Floyd had a nine-game span where he caught 27 passes for 465 yards and four touchdowns. Unfortunately, he suffered a collapsed lung and he was lost for the season.

6. Devery Henderson, Saints. Age: 27.
      Devery Henderson finished his contract year with 32 receptions for 793 yards. Henderson would be a very good deep threat if NFL receivers were allowed to use glue on their hands.

7. Bobby Engram, Seahawks. Age: 36.
      Bobby Engram, just two years removed from catching 94 balls for 1,147 yards and six touchdowns, managed 47 receptions and 489 yards in 2008. However, at 36, Engram will continue to decline rapidly.

8. Bryant Johnson, 49ers. Age: 28.
      Look up "mediocre" in the dictionary, and you'll see Bryant Johnson's mug. Johnson caught 45 balls for 546 yards and three touchdowns.

9. Shaun McDonald, Lions. Age: 28.
      Any team that hires Mike Martz should go after Shaun McDonald, who caught 79 passes for 943 yards in 2007. Then again, any team that hires Martz should just e-mail its fans and apologize for next season's losing record.

10. Michael Clayton, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
      What in the world happened to this guy? As a rookie, Michael Clayton caught 80 passes for 1,193 yards and seven touchdowns. Ever since, his seasonal highs are: 38 receptions, 484 yards and one score.

11. Reggie Williams, Jaguars. Age: 26.
      When your best quality as a receiver is blocking, you know you pretty much suck. Reggie Williams is huge (6-4, 214) and athletic, but he can't separate from defenders. He had 629 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2007, but saw his figures drop to 364 yards and three scores this season.

Quantcast

12. Brandon Jones, Titans. Age: 26.
      A run-in-the-mill slot receiver; nothing more. Brandon Jones garnered 41 receptions and 449 yards in 2008 - both of which were career highs.

13. Amani Toomer, Giants. Age: 34.
      It's sad, but we may not be able to hear Chris Berman say "Well-Dressed Amani Toomer" much longer. Toomer caught 48 passes for 580 yards and four touchdowns in 2008. His last 1,000-yard season came in 2003.

14. Jabar Gaffney, Patriots. Age: 28.
  15. Drew Carter, Raiders. Age: 27.
  16. David Anderson, Texans. Age: 26.
  17. Ben Obomanu (ERFA), Seahawks. Age: 25.
  18. Hank Baskett (RFA), Eagles. Age: 26.
  19. Miles Austin (RFA), Cowboys. Age: 25.
  20. Koren Robinson, Seahawks. Age: 29.
  21. Justin McCareins, Titans. Age: 30.
  22. Ashley Lelie, Raiders. Age: 29.
  23. Syndric Steptoe (ERFA), Browns. Age: 25.
  24. David Clowney (RFA), Jets. Age: 24.
  25. Sam Hurd (RFA), Cowboys. Age: 24.
  26. Demetrius Williams (RFA), Ravens. Age: 26.
  27. Courtney Roby, Saints. Age: 26.
  28. Ruvell Martin (RFA), Packers. Age: 27.
  29. Jerry Porter, Jaguars. Age: 31.
  30. David Patten, Saints. Age: 35.
  31. Eric Parker, Chargers. Age: 30.
  32. Mike Furrey, Lions. Age: 32.
  33. Brandon Lloyd, Bears. Age: 28.
  34. Darrell Jackson, Broncos. Age: 30.
  35. Dane Looker, Rams. Age: 33.
  36. Glenn Holt (RFA), Bengals. Age: 25.
  37. Tab Perry, Dolphins. Age: 27.
  38. Roydell Williams, Titans. Age: 28.
  39. Marty Booker, Bears. Age: 33.
  40. Glenn Martinez, Broncos. Age: 27.
  41. Keary Colbert, Lions. Age: 27.
  42. Wallace Wright (RFA), Jets. Age: 25.
  43. Justin Jenkins, Bills. Age: 28.
  44. Jeff Webb (RFA), Chiefs. Age: 27.
  45. John Bodiford (RFA), Packers. Age: 27.
  46. Dante Hall, Rams. Age: 30.
  47. Robert Ferguson, Vikings. Age: 29.
  48. Cliff Russell, Broncos. Age: 30.
  49. Terry Glenn, Cowboys. Age: 35.
  50. James Thrash, Redskins. Age: 34.
  51. Peerless Price, Bills. Age: 32.
  52. Joe Horn, Falcons. Age: 37.
  53. Eric Moulds, Titans. Age: 36.
  54. Eddie Kennison, Rams. Age: 36.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1101 on: February 14, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »

there's only 1 FA WR that would be an upgade over what the eagles have now.

the eagles did give mcnabb the best WR in the league in 2004. and that WR was the best player on the field for the birds in the SB. he worked hard every day and night to get back on the field for that game. mcnabb threw 3 INTs. and no one on the D ever mentioned that fact either.

and yes, 2004 was one of the years the offense was ranked higher. offense was 9th overall, D was 10th.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: February 14, 2009, 07:23:04 PM »

do you honestly think the Eagles would be better off without Donovan McNabb?
do you honestly believe the Eagles would have been to 5 NFC Championship games and 1 Super Bowl without McNabb?

btw, I wouldn't argue with your statement that only one of those wideouts is an upgrade...and that's Houshmandzadeh...only problem with TJ is the cost.  The cost associated with the ourageous amounts of fabric required to stitch his name onto his jerseys.  hihi  (talent-wise, Antonio Bryant would be an upgrade, but like mentioned, there's no guarantee his head would stay on straight)

They're not going to make a legitimate effort to acquire TJ...if they can trade cheap for Boldin or Ocho Cinco they'll do it...but it aint likely.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1103 on: February 14, 2009, 09:00:19 PM »

Really though, Desean Jackson did pretty damn good as a rookie, so next year he should be tough.

They need a between the tackles back. how many 3rd and 2's etc did the Eagles have to pass the football on?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1104 on: February 15, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »

do you honestly think the Eagles would be better off without Donovan McNabb?

have i ever said that anywhere?

They're not going to make a legitimate effort to acquire TJ...if they can trade cheap for Boldin or Ocho Cinco they'll do it...but it aint likely.

i think you're gonna be surprised. i think they are in the same mode as after the panthers loss when they went out and overpaid for 2 of the top FAs available...TO and kearse.

although it was strange to hear mcnabb throw the D under the bus like that. and to criticize the D's performance from the rams game from 7 years ago (a game where mcnabb started and ended the game with INTs) was just bizarre.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:14:08 AM by sandman » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: February 15, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »

Sandman, with all due respect, the reason it sounds "bizarre" is because that's the spin of the town.  How many motherfucking times does he get that shit thrown in his face?  He addresses 7 years ago because the fucking press and so-called fans constantly bring it up.  It's not a supportive town.  It's a fairweather sports town, period.

Philly doesn't deserve a class act like McNabb. 

This all reminds me of a convo I had with a secretary at work about something completely different...Jennifer Aniston.  She's telling all about how "infatuated" Jennifer Aniston is with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie...every article links them, and either has quotes from her about him or inferences made about what she thinks of him.  THAT'S what I'm talking about.  The press makes the story, and in an indirect way, the fans guide the press.  Fairweather fans listen to the bozos who slam the team with every loss and glorify it with every win...to the extremes. 

You know it and I know it, Philly wouldn't have have been one of the most successful teams over the last 10 years without McNabb at the helm.  Give the guy some credit. 

At least D (while not liking the guy personally) respects his talent and what he's done for Philly.  Get the man a #1 receiver.  Samuel helped Philly this season, but could the 9 or 10 mill. spent on him have been spent on a #1 receiver?  Hmm, there was no Houshmandzadeh available last year.  We shall see.  I'd love for McNabb to have a real weapon.  Year in year out the Eagles have a shot at the Super Bowl...not too shabby.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1106 on: February 15, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »

Sandman, with all due respect, the reason it sounds "bizarre" is because that's the spin of the town.  How many motherfucking times does he get that shit thrown in his face?  He addresses 7 years ago because the fucking press and so-called fans constantly bring it up.  It's not a supportive town.  It's a fairweather sports town, period.

Philly doesn't deserve a class act like McNabb. 

This all reminds me of a convo I had with a secretary at work about something completely different...Jennifer Aniston.  She's telling all about how "infatuated" Jennifer Aniston is with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie...every article links them, and either has quotes from her about him or inferences made about what she thinks of him.  THAT'S what I'm talking about.  The press makes the story, and in an indirect way, the fans guide the press.  Fairweather fans listen to the bozos who slam the team with every loss and glorify it with every win...to the extremes. 

You know it and I know it, Philly wouldn't have have been one of the most successful teams over the last 10 years without McNabb at the helm.  Give the guy some credit. 

At least D (while not liking the guy personally) respects his talent and what he's done for Philly.  Get the man a #1 receiver.  Samuel helped Philly this season, but could the 9 or 10 mill. spent on him have been spent on a #1 receiver?  Hmm, there was no Houshmandzadeh available last year.  We shall see.  I'd love for McNabb to have a real weapon.  Year in year out the Eagles have a shot at the Super Bowl...not too shabby.

so throwing your teammate under the bus is the answer to negative fans? mcnabb's comments came in an interview with Howard Eskin...the #1 defender of the eagles/reid/mcnabb. he didn't even ask a follow up question to the comment and later said he should have. and he criticized mcnabb for saying it.

and i'm not influenced by any negative spin. i call it like i see it. you act like you understand philly....you just repeat what all the "outsiders" say. you don't understand this town. ask Pat Burrell if it's a supportive town. cause if anyone has reason to complain about fans it's him. he got killed in the media and booed by fans repeatedly for years. but he didn't cry about it. and the tide slowly turned for him. philly fans are so easy to please. they just want a blue collar type guy. say the right things and you're golden. end of story.

we're talking football here and people like you worry about the QB's feelings. THAT's the truly bizarre thing.

as for a WR, would it have made a difference if a #1 WR was crossing the middle wide open on 3rd down vs. the cards instead of Hank Baskett? would mcnabb have hit the wide open WR if his name was something different?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1107 on: February 15, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

^the point is Sandman, that if he had a true #1 receiver, it wouldn't have come to that...how many drops had already taken place that game?  this season??  I'd love to see Warner's numbers without Fitzgerald and Boldin.  Methinks it's pretty damn similar to Eli without Plaxico...which down the stretch was 4td and 6ints.  Hell, Cassel has Moss and Welker and only puts up 21 and 11.  Brady put up what?  50 and 6?  Brady's a HOFer, if not the greatest ever.  I pray to see the day, Kolb takes over with the solid #2 wr DeSean Jackson and weak #2 wr Kevin Curtis...and don't forget those other solid 4th wr's Baskett and Avant.  Oh man Philly with a scrub qb is going to be fun to watch.   ok 

I have not heard the recent McNabb comments...needless to say, I'd have to hear the context.  Personally, if I was being asked about something for the thousandth time, I'd probably have something stupid to say too...and I probably would have said it sooner.  I'm not excusing it..it is was it is.  (and you know I know Howard "The King" Eskin...he reminds me of Moe Sizlak on the Simpsons, he's got an ugly mug MADE for radio, but he does offer some good insight at times and he's entertaining...the bubbleheaded blonde with big tits on NBC 10 has to go though.  Who's the other a-hole, Tim Lake?  Sucks ass and offers nothing.  I like Sikahema even though at times he offers fluff.  I really like Brian Mitchell even though he's still developing his on-camera skills...and the name of the football expert we've spoken about before is the best in Philly.  Fuck!  His name escapes me right now...but he knows the game, he knows personnel, he knows it all and if he tells me McNabb put his foot in his mouth, I'll believe him.   peace 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1108 on: February 15, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »

God, we're talking about all this shit again??? Does it never end??

McNabb's not going anywhere. This is an Eagles team built to win now. Kolb would be about ten steps backward in the wrong direction.

McNabb should know by now that he can't even blink a certain way without creativing controversy. I don't really know much about the whole "McNabb Criticizes Defense" soap opera. Seems like I heard mention of it a few weeks ago on Around the Horn or something on ESPN, and from what I understood then, it was a classic mountain-out-of-a-molehill fiasco where people were trying to put words in McNabb's mouth. All he was doing was talking what happened in the NFC Championship game, and um, yeah, he gave the Eagles a lead and the defense then let the Cardinals drive the length of the field and score a TD and a 2-point conversion. He should know by now that he can't say anything, though, so I'm not giving him a free pass on this one, but who the hell really cares? Is it really a story in Philly? If so, that's sad, because it isn't a big deal and nobody outside of Philly even knows about it.

I'm excited about this off-season. I really think the Eagles are going to make some exciting moves. TJ Housh has already said he'd like to play in Philly. Personally, I'd rather have Boldin, who wants out of AZ. The Eagles have two first-round draft picks to work with. I think maybe they'll trade one in a package deal for Boldin. Every mock draft I've seen has the Eagles taking a RB named Chris Wells. I don't watch much college football, so I know nothing about him, but maybe he's that big between-the-tackles RB the Eagles have lacked in recent hears.

I'm confident the Eagles will re-sign Dawkins, which brings back the entire starting D. The only question mark is with the offensive line. Both starting tackles are FAs. At least one won't be back. Runyan's injury and surgery may be a blessing, since it will scare away other teams and big dollars, probably forcing him back to the Eagles next season for relatively cheap. Plus people forget that guard Shawn Andrews, a pro bowler, missed all but two games last season. He'll be back next season, plus he's capable of moving to tackle if needed.

Back to McNabb . . . He's said numerous times that he wants to remain an Eagle his entire career. I saw an interview recently where he said he promised the city of Philadelphia that he'd win them a Superbowl, and he plans on fulfilling that promise. He wants an extension so he can be assured of his future, so he doesn't have to answer a thousand questions about Kolb. Also, re-working his contract should be to the benifit to the Eagles since McNabb's probably due a shitload of money these new two seasons. They could re-work it and save money for the present.

This will be Kolb's third season. He'll be getting restless wanting to start. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles trade him actually. The Eagles will still have Feeley, who's a pretty good back-up.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1109 on: February 15, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »

I think teams like Detroit and NYjets, Chicago, Minnesota, KC, Oakland, have all proven what it is like to not have a great QB

When wanting to get rid of McNabb, Philly fans, all i can ask is, who can u get that is better?

That's the thing, QB's are a huge premium in this league. Very few great QB's truly exist, so if u got a pretty dang good one in McNabb, u better hold onto him.

cause I'd rather lose in the playoffs every year, than be 6-10 every season.

McNabb may not have championship intangibles to win a Super Bowl, but if you could get him a solid enough running game, they could win it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1110 on: May 07, 2009, 03:36:02 AM »

So i was looking back at my season predictions that I made just prior to this season. Their posted somewhere in this thread. And god do I suck at predictions.  rofl I didn't have the cardinals, eagles, titans, giants, ravens, panthers, dolphins or the falcons even in the fuckin play-offs.  rofl At least I was right about saying the NFC representative in the superbowl would be a surprize team that no one expects. Of course I said that team would be the Seahawks.  hihi God my prediction rights should be taken away.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #1111 on: May 07, 2009, 07:14:41 PM »

So i was looking back at my season predictions that I made just prior to this season. Their posted somewhere in this thread. And god do I suck at predictions.  rofl I didn't have the cardinals, eagles, titans, giants, ravens, panthers, dolphins or the falcons even in the fuckin play-offs.  rofl At least I was right about saying the NFC representative in the superbowl would be a surprize team that no one expects. Of course I said that team would be the Seahawks.  hihi God my prediction rights should be taken away.  smoking

That's the beauty of the NFL...anything can (and usually does) happen.   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: