Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Fox a.k.a. Client #9 a.k.a. Governor Eliot Spitzer (D, NY)  (Read 23073 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 02:23:19 AM »

Well lets just fess up and admit it. The Democrats have proven once again to be fiscally irresponsible here. Think about it...how much did the Republicans spend to suck cock in the mens room? Think it was 5500 a pop? I don't think so!

They should really take advantage of this, highlighting their cost cutting measures at interstate restrooms across America.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:34:44 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:22 AM »

Usually, when investigations of this sort are done, it is the enterprise that leads to the johns; not the other way around ... they go after the small fish to get the big fish.

Prosecutors don't use a whore house to bust a john. That would be ridiculous, but that is what they did.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »

Well lets just fess up and admit it. The Democrats have proven once again to be fiscally irresponsible here. Think about it...how much did the Republicans spend to suck cock in the mens room? Think it was 5500 a pop? I don't think so!

They should really take advantage of this, highlighting their cost cutting measures at interstate restrooms across America.

rofl rofl rofl ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:51 AM »

why are people making such a big deal out of this?  its nobody's business if the guy wants to get a hooker, aside from his and his wife's.   if he resigns that would be a very sad thing for this country.

He broke the law.

nobody is perfect.  We all fuck up.  We all do stupid shit.   You can't expect even the Governor of New York to never make a mistake.

i'm personally of the belief that prostitution should be legal, so I'm not bothered by him breaking this law.

It's not even the prostitution that got him busted, that was just the icing on the cake.  They thought he was involved in a bribery scandal by the missing monies. 

yes but its about the prostitution.  thats why they are calling him to resign.   if he used his own money on it, I see no real issue.  If he was using govt funds, his office should be audited and he should be fined accordingly.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 02:52:51 AM »

Well prostitution is still illegal in NYC is it not?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:36 AM »

Well prostitution is still illegal in NYC is it not?

you're right, it is.   I still don't think its reason to resign, but like I said, I believe it should be legal.   If two consenting adults want to exchange money for sexual favors, I hardly see who it is hurting.    Here in Nevada, it is legal outside of Clark County.   
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 02:58:58 AM »

I am pretty sure that in all 50 states solicitation is a misdemeanor, and misdemeanors do not disqualify one from holding public office in any state.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 04:30:07 AM »

This isn't John McCain outright denying the allegations where the allegations WERE a political hit job.

What allegations?  They didnt allege McCains had an affair, they revealed the impressions his aides had of his relationship with a lobbyist.  They also did a fine job reporting other ethically questionable lobbyist dealings.

nobody is perfect.  We all fuck up.  We all do stupid shit.   You can't expect even the Governor of New York to never make a mistake.

Spitzer postured as a paragon of ethics.  He broke up prostitution rings himself.  Its a stunning demonstration of poor judgment, and his credibility is rightfully destroyed.  However, Im ambivalent as to whether he decides to resign or not.  He should, because he has no credibility and will likely hurt the party, but itd be interesting to see what would happen if he didnt.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:32:31 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »

NEWS ALERT
from The Wall Street Journal

March 12, 2008

Eliot Spitzer is expected to announce today that he is resigning as governor of New York, effective Monday, following revelations about his involvement in a high-end prostitution ring. The Associated Press, citing a Spitzer aide, reported that the announcement will come at around 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time. Earlier in the week, Spitzer had apologized for his behavior but had kept silent about his intentions to remain in office despite increasing calls for his resignation.

As lieutenant governor, David Paterson is in line to assume the governorship. The Harlem Democrat would be the first African-American to serve as New York governor.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »

I think there's been disproportional outrage about this, but given who we're dealing with it's somewhat understandable.  When Spitzer was going after Wall Street for defrauding investors, there were a lot of complaints that he was violating the constitutional due process rights of his targets.  This is a guy who once said to one of his political rivals - "I'm a motherfucking steamroller and I'll roll over you just like anyone else."  

A lot of people (I admit, including me) didn't pay much attention to those complaints about him because we believed he was fighting the good fight - protecting the average citizen from these mega financial institutions.  He was voted in as governor with the biggest 1st term election landslide in history.  In essence, we believed he was a good person.  So we trusted him with that power - that he may or may not have been abusing when going after the "bad guys".  Now we hear he's spending close to six figures on call girls.  So there's a lot of disillusionment going on... which leads to anger.

Also, I don't agree that prostitution is a victimless crime.  Tell that to his wife who just found out that her husband has been fucking hookers and has preferred to do so without condoms.  Tell that to his daughters who just found out that the father they've always looked up to is more attracted to hookers than the mother who's been a role model for them.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:43:59 AM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »

Also, I don't agree that prostitution is a victimless crime.  Tell that to his wife who just found out that her husband has been fucking hookers and has preferred to do so without condoms.  Tell that to his daughters who just found out that the father they've always looked up to is more attracted to hookers than the mother who's been a role model for them.

Is adultery a crime then?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

Also, I don't agree that prostitution is a victimless crime.  Tell that to his wife who just found out that her husband has been fucking hookers and has preferred to do so without condoms.  Tell that to his daughters who just found out that the father they've always looked up to is more attracted to hookers than the mother who's been a role model for them.

I would have to say technically adultery is a crime...anything that can cost you your house and all your money in a divorce settlement is criminal to me.. hihi
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »

Is an affair with one other woman that same as paying to have sex with women that have sex with hundreds of other men for a living?  The same as patronizing a "profession" that isn't exactly a model we want for our younger generation of women?

Edit:  By the way, it is in fact a crime in NY:

Section 255.17 Adultery

A person is guilty of adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person at a time when he has a living spouse, or the other person has a living spouse.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:10:19 AM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 01:26:30 PM »

the new guv is blind, so at least he won't have to spend as much as spitzer on whores.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »

yes his wife and children are the ONLY victims in this, and that should have nothing to do with the law.   its not the governments job to keep guys from sleeping with other women or prostitutes.    He fucked up, but it should concern his family more than it does anyone else.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »

I'm sorry but....

no pussy on the planet is worth 5k per hour.

If he was stupid enough to pay that, he's too stupid to be the gov.

Grin

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:08 PM »

yes his wife and children are the ONLY victims in this, and that should have nothing to do with the law.   its not the governments job to keep guys from sleeping with other women or prostitutes.    He fucked up, but it should concern his family more than it does anyone else.

his piss poor judgement and  lack of intelligence concerns me as a tax paying citizen...This scumbag is a moron who got to where he is in life because of daddy's money...The fact that he wired money to pay for a prostitute shows what an idiot he is, therefore how could we actually trust him with anything important??
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »

I don't think they're the only victims, but even if they were, what does that prove?  If he beats his wife, she's the only victim; therefore, it shouldn't be a crime?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 02:54:59 PM »

I have to agree with Jim Bob. Hosing hookers shouldn't be a crime.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »

I don't think they're the only victims, but even if they were, what does that prove?  If he beats his wife, she's the only victim; therefore, it shouldn't be a crime?

you can't compare this to domestic violence.   assulting someone should of course be a crime.     he hurt his wife and his family because of it, but in my opinion, the action should be taken by his wife (i.e. divorce), not the criminal system.

his family are victims of his actions, but he didn't physically assult them or cause injury.  he just fucked up and was unfaithful.   how can you even compare the two?    if you don't see the difference, I dont know what else to tell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: