Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  RapidFire
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: RapidFire  (Read 15978 times)
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« on: March 15, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

Anyone know what happened to the stuff Kevin Lawerence said he was gonna put out?  The RapidFire website (RapidFire1983.com) isn't up anymore either.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:37:07 PM »

I emailed their myspace page a while ago and they told me they were hoping it would be out around 6 months from then but it never happened.

I have sent another couple of emails to them since but never got a reply and the myspace page hasn't been updated in a long time

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:01:57 AM »

Such a tease.  Lawerence talks about how he's gonna put out that stuff 2 years ago and now he's gone.  I was really interested in hearing the stuff.
Izzy_23
Headliner

Lost In The Garden Of Eden.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »

I don't think it was a tease more so Axl's lawyers.
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

I don't think it was a tease more so Axl's lawyers.

Of course... I was just saying that it's a tease to know the material is out there and we can't hear it.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »

"Rare Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES) recordings made while he was a member of the early '80s band RAPIDFIRE will be made available to the public despite Axl's objections to their commercial release, according to former RAPIDFIRE guitarist Kevin Lawrence.

The tapes, which were purportedly recorded in May 1983, have been in storage in the original eight-track format for more than 20 years. The songs featured on the tape are as follows:

01. Ready to Rumble
02. All Night Long
03. The Prowler
04. On the Run
05. Closure

RAPIDFIRE's lineup was as follows:

Axl Rose - Vocals
Kevin Lawrence - Guitar
Mike Hammernik - Bass
Chuck Gordon ? Drums

According to Lawrence, Axl's voice on the RAPIDFIRE recording sounds a bit "more Rob Halford"-ish compared to his vocals on "Appetite for Destruction". In addition, the CD's packaging will reportedly include "plenty of pre-tattoo Axl pictures."

Regarding the CD's delay, Lawrence writes, "My attorney has been working with Axl's attorney for some time now trying to come out with a way to release these demos which is acceptible to Axl. Regardless, though, of what he wants, the law states that I can release these at any time and have the full legal right to do so. Because at one time (and if I ever spoke to him now) I considered Axl a friend, I am trying to work beyond the scope of my legal rights with him, out of my respect and admiration for him. Regardless, though, if in the future he chooses not to cooperate, the CD will come out commercially. Once again I am sorry to all of you for the delay, but the legal process moves very slowly.""

------------------------------------------------------------

this was  the latest update from KEVIN L. in May 2007. whatever happened is speculation right now. facts are the rapidfire website and Kevin's email account aint working anymore and we didnt get any updates for about a year.

so things dont look good for a release from those demos....

Re-Union time, baby!!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »

CHINESE DEMOCRACY > anything rapidfire did/does/doing............whatever

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »

I'm really interesting in hear this material... Hollywood Rose demos sounded  NWOBHM for me, also chris weber said that... n' this guy lawrence said that Axl voice sounds more like Halford... seems to be a metal band... the name n' also their looks... it's a shame can't hear this material  no
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

I'm really interesting in hear this material... Hollywood Rose demos sounded  NWOBHM for me, also chris weber said that... n' this guy lawrence said that Axl voice sounds more like Halford... seems to be a metal band... the name n' also their looks... it's a shame can't hear this material  no
indeed it was a metal band

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »

"Rare Axl Rose (GUNS N' ROSES) recordings made while he was a member of the early '80s band RAPIDFIRE will be made available to the public despite Axl's objections to their commercial release, according to former RAPIDFIRE guitarist Kevin Lawrence.

The tapes, which were purportedly recorded in May 1983, have been in storage in the original eight-track format for more than 20 years. The songs featured on the tape are as follows:

01. Ready to Rumble
02. All Night Long
03. The Prowler
04. On the Run
05. Closure

RAPIDFIRE's lineup was as follows:

Axl Rose - Vocals
Kevin Lawrence - Guitar
Mike Hammernik - Bass
Chuck Gordon – Drums

According to Lawrence, Axl's voice on the RAPIDFIRE recording sounds a bit "more Rob Halford"-ish compared to his vocals on "Appetite for Destruction". In addition, the CD's packaging will reportedly include "plenty of pre-tattoo Axl pictures."

Regarding the CD's delay, Lawrence writes, "My attorney has been working with Axl's attorney for some time now trying to come out with a way to release these demos which is acceptible to Axl. Regardless, though, of what he wants, the law states that I can release these at any time and have the full legal right to do so. Because at one time (and if I ever spoke to him now) I considered Axl a friend, I am trying to work beyond the scope of my legal rights with him, out of my respect and admiration for him. Regardless, though, if in the future he chooses not to cooperate, the CD will come out commercially. Once again I am sorry to all of you for the delay, but the legal process moves very slowly.""

------------------------------------------------------------

this was  the latest update from KEVIN L. in May 2007. whatever happened is speculation right now. facts are the rapidfire website and Kevin's email account aint working anymore and we didnt get any updates for about a year.

so things dont look good for a release from those demos....

No they don't. Also, he can say what he will about releasing those recordings. And yes, it's probably true, Axl wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally. However, he has the money the keep that dude tied up in court and can outspend him. At some point, it's just not worth the legal hassle to deal with someone who's richer than you are.

qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »

I love the HR stuff and can only imagine what Rapidfire sounds like.  C'mon Kevin Lawerence.  If you read this board... just send me a couple snippets.  Hell, I'd be happy with a :10 hook from each song just to wet my appetite. 
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »

update:

"In Los Angeles in May 1983 a little known band called Rapidfire made a demo. It was Bill Bailey's first time in a recording studio. He ROCKED the house! Who would have known that he would become one of Rock's biggest stars? Well... here we have the first ever, unreleased recordings of that band, with it's then undiscovered singer who now goes by the name of Axl Rose (R). Five unreleased songs featuring one of Rock's biggest stars at the begining and most pristine time of his career. The vocals are AMAZING!

Interested in buying these recordings, photos, and the associated copyrights? Contact the Attorney dealing with these incredible pieces of undiscovered Rock History, and own them!
"

http://rapidfire1983.com/

up for sale!!  Shocked

Re-Union time, baby!!
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »

This item is not directly up for sale. It was a route that he was thinking about taking but not sure.

If he does take it you're looking to spend a shit load of money ($20+ Thousand) for the rights and then Kevin wants compensation. Then they want to meet you and discuss your intentions with the items and stuff.

But apparently according to his attorney that idea is over with.
mrhays
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »

A clip was posted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQGLEdmILU It's badass!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »

A clip was posted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQGLEdmILU It's badass!

Yeah it is! Welcome to the board dude!

Axl is God.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

The whole story... as told by Lawrence's attorney.
http://www.rapidfire1983.com/Rapidfire-Recordings-Web1.pdf
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »

on may 25, 2013 this info got out:

Thirty years ago today, Kevin Lawrence went into the studio with Axl Rose, Mike Hamernik and Chuck Gordon.  They recorded five songs.  As all of you know, none of them have ever been released to the public.  Although nothing has changed in this regard, I can see no harm in posting a small sample of the opening track.  So many people continue to express their interest in the Rapidfire Recordings, it seems like a good way to satisfy everyone's curiosity and to mark this anniversary.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck06IJNewI0&feature=youtu.be

Joshua Solomon
joshua@rapidfire1983.com

----------------------------------------------------
^^this is the first proven official audioclip from these 30 year old demo sessions  beer

Re-Union time, baby!!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 02:44:45 PM »

Hi guys! Hahah.

A.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »

Hi guys! Hahah.

A.

Hey man!

H.

Axl is God.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »

Would really like the hear this at a point. The sample sounds great.

Translashon: OMAGAD, GIEV!!! hihi k'thx

The whole story... as told by Lawrence's attorney.
http://www.rapidfire1983.com/Rapidfire-Recordings-Web1.pdf

Thanks for this, wonder what the pimpmaster thinks.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:58:30 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: