Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Fleetwood Mac Thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Mac Thread  (Read 9715 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: March 16, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »

Sorry couldnt find one...But heres some news...Depending on the capacity...I hope its not true or long term...Like if she takes the place of Christie McVie thats ok

Crow Says She'll Sing With Fleetwood Mac

Sheryl Crow says she'll soon be singing with Fleetwood Mac, a move sure to give new life to the classic rock band, which hasn't toured in several years.

"I don't want to make any official announcements, but I will say that we definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow told the AOL music Web site Spinner.com in a story posted Thursday.

The 46-year-old singer didn't give a date, but said it could happen next year.

She's already thinking about what she'd like to perform. "I'd love to do `The Chain,' I'd love to do `Second Hand News,'" Crow said.

Crow said she looked forward to working with friend Stevie Nicks.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »

FM have been pretty quiet lately. The last album they had, " say you will" was great.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:35:56 AM »

Like if she takes the place of Christie McVie thats ok

LOL!!  Yeah, hear ya!  Sounds more like a collaboration.  Could be an interesting one.  I loved Fleetwood Mac, back in the day.  I think I wanted to be Stevie!  Personally, that band was definitely about the Buckingham/Nicks combination. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:40:54 AM »

I always thought that McVei had the better sounding voice in that band

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »

Agreed!!!!  I feel the same.

What about old school FM with Peter Green in the band?  That band was bad ass!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »

Had the privilege of seeing them back in 90 here in Seattle, and I will say it was one of my favorites, they were most excellent!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »

Agreed!!!!  I feel the same.

What about old school FM with Peter Green in the band?  That band was bad ass!
Yeah, it was.  But Buckingham/Nicks ended up being the ticket to success.  McVie had the better voice, but I thought her songs were boring.  Yawn.  And, hey, Stevie had a voice all her own. 
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »

Fleetwood Mac Plots Return -- With Or Without Crow

Fleetwood Mac -- with or without Sheryl Crow in tow -- is planning to be active again.

Singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- tells Billboard.com that the group is "looking at the idea of touring sometime in the first half of 2009," possibly with some new material to play.

In recent weeks Crow, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, has talked about joining the band, which Buckingham acknowledges is a possibility, though he adds, "I don't think anything is written in stone yet."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Buckingham says with a laugh. "We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie retired from the band in the late '90s. Buckingham says that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, though he adds that he might want to step back from the production role he's had in the band.

"I don't think I want to produce again 'cause it takes so much," he explains. "Whatever happens we'll all sit in a room and make something work as a group. a little more like we used to, sort of try to open it up and get everyone sharing the activity a little more."

Buckingham, meanwhile, is also planning another solo album -- the follow-up to 2006's "Under the Skin" -- for this summer. Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than "Under the Skin," according to Buckingham. "It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

Formerly signed to Reprise, Buckingham says he's a "free agent" now, without a label deal as a solo artist. "We're gonna figure out who wants to put it out," he says of the as-yet untitled album. "I'm keeping an open mind. People need to hear the music and we'll see what they think and what the best situation for it will be."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »

Good news, I hope they do a new album in 09

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »

Fleetwood Mac will regroup, tour

The Rumours -- pun intended -- are true: The Mac Attack is coming back next year.

Guitarist-singer-songwriter Lindsey Buckingham said that legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac -- with remaining members singer Stevie Nicks, drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie -- will launch a tour in 2009.

"Fleetwood Mac is going to start doing something, rehearsals for some touring, in January, (and) we will probably be out in spring," said Buckingham, 59, in Toronto this week to promote his latest solo record, Gift of Screws (whose title track was inspired by an Emily Dickinson poem), and play a solo show at the Music Hall tonight after last night's gig at Hamilton Place.

"It'll be the four of us and a couple of other additional backup musicians. No one of note."

That means you Sheryl Crow (see sidebar).

Buckingham says a new Fleetwood Mac album would come later -- hopefully. "We're talking about an album but we didn't want to go in cold," he said. "It's been awhile. And in my mind, the mantra really needs to be, 'Let's put any particular musical agenda second to the agenda of trying to enjoy each other as people.'

"And I've known Stevie since I was 16 and we still have some things to work out, and I think that that's the important thing at this point, otherwise, nothing's going to happen. We won't make it to the album otherwise. Let's acknowledge each other's feelings, let's be adults for a change, if that's possible. It may not be, we'll see.

"So if we go in with that attitude and we use the touring as a kind of proving ground and hang time, then I think it'll make an album after that a much better experience."

Strangely enough, Buckingham originally turned in an album named Gift of Screws back in 2001-02 but the record label asked him if they could use most of it for a new Fleetwood Mac album, which turned out to be 2003's Say You Will (it followed the group's last tour -- both sans keyboardist Christine McVie).

"It has been a bit of a pattern of sort of re-grouping and getting ready to do solo work in one form or another and have Fleetwood Mac sort of intervene. That's happened a few times," Buckingham said. "But you know if you're in the band, you gotta be part of the band."

Buckingham sounds positively easy-going within the dynamic of the famously fractious group -- whose various relationship breakups were documented on their landmark 1977 album, Rumours.

"I'm working on it. I haven't always been," he said. "I've had very definite ideas which to some degree have been, I wouldn't say a thorn in the side, but I've been the healthy troublemaker who keeps things from being too complacent. That would be the way I would see it. Others might categorize it differently."

This time, however, Buckingham saw the rock-oriented Gift of Screws -- the followup to the more acoustic-based 2006 effort, Under the Skin -- through to its fruition with some lyric-writing help from his wife Kristen (Do You Miss Me, Love Runs Deeper) and 10-year-old son, Will (Great Day). The couple also has two daughters, eight-year-old Leelee, and four-year-old Stella.

Still, Fleetwood drums on three tracks and McVie plays bass on two from those much earlier recording sessions.

"This is a completion of a goal which was very specific that I had. And I said to the band, 'Please don't come knocking on my door for at least three years, because what I want to do is put out two albums and tour around both of them.' "

Old album reissued?

Anyone who has followed the long musical and personal saga of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks knows that they made an excellent 1973 album, Buckingham Nicks, which was a commercial failure but has since regained cult status.

It was also re-issued in 1976 when the two hit it big after they joined Fleetwood Mac. However, it's never been released on CD, something Buckingham thinks could happen in the next couple of years with a possible tour behind it for the one-time lovers.

"If it is going to happen it would probably happen in the next two, three years," Buckingham said.

"It's sort of a symptom of the fact that the band spends long periods of time apart, that Stevie and I don't talk a lot, that people who are 'the handlers' tend to think that there will be an optimum time to do that that will coincide with a marketing plan."

Does Buckingham, now married with three kids, mean a tour with Nicks to support its CD release?

"That could certainly happen, that would be fun," said Buckingham, currently on his own solo tour and beginning rehearsals in January for a Fleetwood Mac tour.

"Do we have enough material? Yes, we do. It would be its own hook, the two of us up there, it would be this complete circular thing, bringing us back to where we were in 1974, which has a poetry all its own.

"But again, the people who think in terms of marketing are thinking, 'Okay, but we have to do it at a time when we can remaster it and bonus tracks and all of this kind of stuff.' I would just re-release it myself because it is what it is!"

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »

I miss those guys, That would be awesome to hear new material next year. Buckingham is one of the biggest underrated guitarists IMO. Some of the stuff he does is amazing along with his songwriting.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 01:21:44 AM »

I miss those guys, That would be awesome to hear new material next year. Buckingham is one of the biggest underrated guitarists IMO. Some of the stuff he does is amazing along with his songwriting.

He has a great picking style.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »

I saw Fleetwood Mac live in 2003 on the Say You Will tour, and while good, it just isn't the same without Christine McVie.  She had the best voice even if Stevie's songs were bigger hits.

Their best album was 1987's Tango in the Night, which was accented by incredible Christine songs such as "Little Lies" and "Isn't it Midnight", as well as the Stevie-voiced "Seven Wonders".  Lindsey Buckingham's best songs were also found here, "Caroline" and "Family Man".
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »

I agree its not the same without Christine McVie. I really like her.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »

Fleetwood Mac dusts off the hits for spring tour

Fleetwood Mac [ tickets ] will take to the road for the first time in five years this spring during an outing that will spotlight the legendary band's greatest hits.

Dubbed the Unleashed Tour, the trek gets underway March 1 at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena. Fifteen shows are currently confirmed for March, and additional spring and summer dates will be announced, according to promoter Live Nation.

"We love our band and think the title of the tour "Unleashed" perfectly describes how we all feel when we get on stage together--especially in 2009," the band said in a joint statement. "We're so happy to get back out on the road, perform everyone's favorite songs and see our fans."

Tickets for the tour are scheduled to roll out on Dec. 15. American Express Cardmembers will have early access to tickets for most shows beginning Dec 8, according to a press release.

Current members of the band include Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Longtime member Christine McVie last performed live with the group at its 1998 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

In conjunction with the tour, Fleetwood Mac's classic 1977 album, "Rumors," is set to be re-issued as part of a special CD/DVD boxed set on Reprise Record. Additions to the set will include previously unreleased tracks recorded during the making of "Rumors," as well as a DVD component with never-before-seen footage of the band.

Fleetwood Mac last toured in 2003 and 2004 to support their 2003 album, "Say You Will."

March 2008
1 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
3 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
5 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
8 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
10 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
11 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Arena
13 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
14 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
16 - Rochester, NY - Blue Cross Arena
17 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
19 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
21 - East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center
24 - Ottawa, Ontario - Scotiabank Place
25 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
26 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre

I'm definetly going to check this show out, Relatively new fan, and enver seen them so i cant wait

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »

Lindsey Buckingham Leaves Fleetwood Mac; Mike Campbell, Crowded House?s Neil Finn In For Tour

While fans wait for the dates to be confirmed for Fleetwood Mac?s next tour, Lindsey Buckingham has reportedly departed the band, with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn taking his place on the road. 

?We are thrilled to welcome the musical talents of the caliber of Mike Campbell and Neil Finn into the Mac family. With Mike and Neil, we?ll be performing all the hits that the fans love, plus we?ll be surprising our audiences with some tracks from our historic catalogue of songs,? Fleetwood Mac said in a joint statement, according to Variety, which first reported Buckingham?s had left the lineup. ?Fleetwood Mac has always been a creative evolution. We look forward to honoring that spirit on this upcoming tour.?

The band added, ?Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best.?

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974, following the departure of Bob Welch. The guitarist was first featured on the band?s self-titled 1975 album, which included the hits ?Over My Head,? ?Rhiannon? and ?Say You Love Me.? He left the lineup in 1987 and rejoined the group in 1996.

The to-be announced gigs are the follow-up to the band?s highly successful 2014-2015 ?On With The Show? tour, which was significant for its ticket sales and for marking the first time Christine McVie had reunited with the lineup of Buckingham, John McVie and Stevie Nicks since 1998.

Fleetwood Mac placed at No. 5 on Pollstar?s Top 200 North American Tours chart in 2014 with a gross of $74.1 million and at No. 6 on the chart the following year with a gross of $125.1 million.

After playing Classic West at Los Angeles? Dodger Stadium and Classic East at New York?s Citi Field in 2017, Fleetwood Mac most recently took the stage Jan. 26 at Radio City Music Hall where the band appeared as the guest of honor at the MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala.

Pollstar reached out to Fleetwood Mac?s agent and manager, as well as Buckingham?s representatives, for comment.

The band has not acknowledged Buckingham?s departure on its social media pages, as of post time, other than updating his Facebook profile photo to an illustration of a penguin wearing a top hat. Fleetwood Mac?s previous profile photo was a group shot of the band, with Buckingham front and center.

This makes no sense. First Stevie wanted to do her solo, so Christine and Lindsey did an album and tour. Now he's out? I predict low ticket sales. As far as i'm concerned if Lindsey, Stevie and Mick aren't there. It's not Fleetwood Mac

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 05:34:27 AM »

More like fired apparently by Mick over disagreements about the upcoming farewell tour.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »

That really, really sucks Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »