Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:28:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland Fires Back At Sorum: 'Ego And Jealousy Can Get The Better Of Anyone'  (Read 56693 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »

Ok, I've been 'itchin', here (or anywhere) to say something, for days, and kept my mouth pretty much shut, but I just can't stand it anymore!!  So, here goes.

Scott is the one acting like a douche!  I've liked Weiland, even way before VR was even a concept.  He's like a chameleon - always changing his looks & dress - I wasn't even sure whether he was gay or straight, for a long time.   I used to think he was kind of cool!

Anyway, STP ended badly, after he almost got into a fight with Dean DeLeo right on stage.  So he abandoned it, so to speak, and thought VR was the ticket, I guess.  4 or 5 years later, he starts getting restless, again, and is firing off again.  Who knows why (brother died, another arrest, marriage probably isn't going so well, his current band's last album didn't sell as well as they'd hoped), so other pastures start looking good again.  (We'll see how long that lasts, with him).   

I am totally there for anyone who suffers from mental issues or addictions.  However, we have a man who, by his own admissions, has been in & out of rehab something like, what? 2 dozen times...or maybe more, by now.  By this point, he's just lucky his ass isn't sitting in a prison somewhere - thanks to good lawyers & money, he isn't.  You know, there reaches a point, in life, when you take responsibility and get it together (and I hate saying that, because it's not easy, at all, for anyone with addictions & mental issues), but he's had many, many chances. 

I've always defended him, in the past.  However, at this point, I've had it with his rockstar ego, hot-headed, unmedicated bipolar ass!

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #261 on: March 25, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »

I don't care about Weiland or the fact that he's leaving, I just want to know what's next for Slash, Duff and Matt. New singer? Solo projects?

Fuck 'Em All.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #262 on: March 25, 2008, 03:07:53 AM »

I don't care about Weiland or the fact that he's leaving, I just want to know what's next for Slash, Duff and Matt. New singer? Solo projects?

I agree.  And, I don't want solo projects.  They better stay together, no matter what!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #263 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:47 AM »

I agree.  And, I don't want solo projects.  They better stay together, no matter what!

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully, they will find another vocalist. Regard your previous post, as my mom would say "the boy has got a little big for his britches".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
elmir
VIP

« Reply #264 on: March 25, 2008, 04:31:25 AM »

Sorry, but while perhaps Matt shouldn't have put the post up, it was very very very very very tame compared to how Scott lashed out.

maybe Matt finally realised that his place is behind the drums, and not in the front, leading the band.

How did you get that from what I said ?  Matt's never tried to 'lead' the band ... he sings backing vocals and drums.  But ... if you wanna be picky ... some might say he IS the leader ... because the drums are the main instrument for which the band works to Tongue

I meant it metaphorically, not literally....from day one...he's been the loudmouth when he shouldn't have been, making stupid comments all over the place, acting like rock n' roll was his invention, and the rest of the guys are in HIS band...

scott clearly had enough if his crap....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #265 on: March 25, 2008, 05:22:48 AM »

This is getting really entertaining.. yes

Oh yess !! yes My popcorn is ready, I'm waiting for what's going to happen next.

On a side note, I must agree with Weiland and his opinion of Scrotum, as I have pretty much the same. That guy's a band anihilator.

He said once that Huge was the Yoko Ono of GN'R but the truth is that he is the Ono of all time...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #266 on: March 25, 2008, 06:10:16 AM »

This is getting really entertaining.. yes

Oh yess !! yes My popcorn is ready, I'm waiting for what's going to happen next.

On a side note, I must agree with Weiland and his opinion of Scrotum, as I have pretty much the same. That guy's a band anihilator.

He said once that Huge was the Yoko Ono of GN'R but the truth is that he is the Ono of all time...

So thats why the crowd shouts 'Ono!' every time Matt's about to start a drum solo.  Tongue

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the fish frenzy.

And there goes the challenger...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #267 on: March 25, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »

This has been going on for a long time now.

I was told about it 3 years ago from a friend of the band, off the record ofcourse.

I believe that if there wasn't a record contract involved, they would have called it quits a long time ago...

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »

I was told about it 3 years ago from a friend of the band, off the record ofcourse.

I believe that if there wasn't a record contract involved, they would have called it quits a long time ago...

You were told about what? Weiland and Sorum bickering? Just looking for clarification...

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »

Maybe we will hear from Matt...from his website:

Hello Friends,
In London now, have 2 gigs here, getting ready to do Kerrang TV.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2008, 03:17:13 AM »

You were told about what? Weiland and Sorum bickering? Just looking for clarification...

I was told that there were big problems in the VR camp. Fights etc. etc...

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 26, 2008, 03:31:03 AM »

So, tell us more...........come on! 
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »

There's nothing more to tell.

I was just told that there were big problems in the camp with people fighting.

Then 1 year later Slash goes to Axl's house. The moment I heard about that I knew it was true.

Then more fights because of that. Now more fights.

It just won't work... That's the reason Duff is not interested in it anymore...

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:10 AM »

Then 1 year later Slash goes to Axl's house. The moment I heard about that I knew it was true.

It seems there is a lot of egos at work here.  And too many guys leaning on their past accomplishments like a badge of honor.  Maybe the main problem with VR is that they just can't touch what their previous bands did.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2008, 11:34:10 AM »

Maybe the main problem with VR is that they just can't touch what their previous bands did.

good point, although i'd say that the problem lies with them thinking that their previous bands' achievements were due to them and their efforts only.

hence the egos and attitudes....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »

good point, although i'd say that the problem lies with them thinking that their previous bands' achievements were due to them and their efforts only.

scott and slash might  think that but duff and matt?  Huh
elmir
VIP

« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »

don't think Duff does, but judging by his comments, Matt certainly seems to think he is deserving of a whole lot of credit for his past "achievements"...

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

Oh, I thought, maybe, you had something new to share.  That's just the same old shit we've already all heard about, ad nauseum.

Yeah, it won't work.  People have been saying that since the conception of this band, 5 or 6 years ago.   

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »

don't think Duff does, but judging by his comments, Matt certainly seems to think he is deserving of a whole lot of credit for his past "achievements"...

Yeah, he's made a few comments that weren't exactly ripe with modesty.  Ultimately, I think he's a very skilled drummer who hitched his ride to the right stars.

gnr2k6
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »

to sum it up if you asked most people who a real rockstar was like jimmy page, john bonham,slash,axl,alice cooper,iggy,hendrix etc everyone has heard of them and if u were to mention matt sorum they would be like who??
oy yeah that guy with the shite haircut from guns n roses......matt needs to realize that!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: