Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2014 - Year in review
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 - Year in review  (Read 13162 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »

Did we ever get a full clip of 'Yesterdays'?  I was only ever able to find a snippet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsZGLlnc6xc

ok

Good find.

A bit of a struggle with the lyrics early, but he doesn't sound bad.

Surprised this took so long to be pulled out of mothballs, given its lyrics.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »

And a hell of a year it was! :-)

He summed it up perfectly. What a wild ride that month in LV was.

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »

there should be more boots from the vegas tour

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »

there should be more boots from the vegas tour

Sort of a bummer, right?

I thought for sure we'd get one good one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

He only remembers things at 4:20 each day hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 06:59:33 AM »

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

I bet "Dave" remembers it well  rofl.....
Vegas for me was a massive highlight - too many reasons why, Guns + Vegas and hanging with the best fans/friends for a long weekend was amazing start to finish.  I could cry with laughter at some of the memories still  smoking beer peace  Such good shows and being wrapped in Guns world there, fkn love it.
Then picking up Revolver magazine in LA the week after and settling down to read the Axl interview in Canter's  beer

This year had SO many high points - really great to read the whole list in context
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »

Sort of a bummer, right?

I thought for sure we'd get one good one.

I think nowadays people don't really record full bootlegs anymore. They just record a few songs on their digital camera or iPhone or whatever and that's it. In 2012 I tried to record a Muse show in Paris (in a small venue) and it was a lot more complicated than I thought, especially because I didn't want to annoy people around me with my arms too high up that'd block their view of the show. I ended up recording some of the show on individual songs (you can see the result here: https://www.youtube.com/user/willgnrfrance/videos - YouTube deleted some of them).

As for Yesterdays, I did a video remix from a file posted by someone who shot it on the CCTV mixed with an AUD audio file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSYUetVrVU (beginning is a bit cut)

My highlight of the year was the release of Appetite For Democracy, and especially the boxset. I really enjoyed it and thought it was great to have the Blu-ray for great HD quality and the CD set to appreciate the audio mix. I'm sure the tour was great but it was a bit far from me (hello Europe, since 2012...). Duff's comeback was pretty cool and it was nice to see people enjoyed the Vegas shows. I hope I'll be able to afford going there one year when they do a residency again! Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »

Yes, almost everybody is doing the job of the bootleggers these days. Except it's only songs or clips....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

Hahahaha, FRENCH TOAST!

Axl is God.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2014, 12:53:39 AM »

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

HA! Emily! A huge highlight for me was having mine and Mr. Redmans pic taken and posted on Guns' Facebook, with the caption "Rock N' Rolls Cheech N Chong, Stoned in Las Vegas" hahaha.

Axl is God.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 01:21:28 AM »

You remember it? Wink

/jarmo

HA! Emily! A huge highlight for me was having mine and Mr. Redmans pic taken and posted on Guns' Facebook, with the caption "Rock N' Rolls Cheech N Chong, Stoned in Las Vegas" hahaha.

Some things I remember better than others Jarmo! Hahah. French Toast is a total highlight. And as Jules said; Dave. And of course the photo on fb. Hahaha b

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:28 AM »

You just made me hungry now... Tongue

the most sick fan in the middle east
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »

Some things I remember better than others Jarmo! Hahah. French Toast is a total highlight. And as Jules said; Dave. And of course the photo on fb. Hahaha b

It's a blur... But so much fun!

/jarmo

Annie
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 02:40:10 PM »

Being able to see Axl get the Golden Gods Awards in LA in my beautiful Elsa/FROZEN inspired corset dress and  having my friends see me on the livestream. Having the designer of the dress post on her website part of the Golden Gods with me wearing the dress! Seeing 3 shows at the Joint again in LAS VEGAS. Meeting Del James in the elevator at the Hard Rock and telling him that I wouldn't be flying all the way to NYC to Personally hand Michael C Hall my totally awesome DEXTER fan fiction if I didn't think it was good. Having Michael C Hall tell me that I was "SO SWEET"! Going back to NYC to give Micahel C Hall
  a limited edition Hardcover edition of The Language of FEAR with a note about Axl Rose being a huge DEXTER fan. The next week all the reviews I read of Michael's performance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch said that he was on fire. Going to Hello Kitty CON and proudly showing off my HELLO AXL tattoo. Getting totally drunk on free Hello Kitty champagne and being interviewed by Japanese camera crew at Hello Kitty Con VIP Party and having Hello Axl get filmed!
  Finding GUNS N ROSES Christmas sweater on ebay!!!
Oh and having 3 of my best GNR pals tell me that I wouldn't catch ebola even though my hospital is a designated ebola center!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:44:47 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »

Being able to see Axl get the Golden Gods Awards in LA in my beautiful Elsa/FROZEN inspired corset dress and  having my friends see me on the livestream. Having the designer of the dress post on her website part of the Golden Gods with me wearing the dress! Seeing 3 shows at the Joint again in LAS VEGAS. Meeting Del James in the elevator at the Hard Rock and telling him that I wouldn't be flying all the way to NYC to Personally hand Michael C Hall my totally awesome DEXTER fan fiction if I didn't think it was good. Having Michael C Hall tell me that I was "SO SWEET"! Going back to NYC to give Micahel C Hall
  a limited edition Hardcover edition of The Language of FEAR with a note about Axl Rose being a huge DEXTER fan. The next week all the reviews I read of Michael's performance in Hedwig and the Angry Inch said that he was on fire. Going to Hello Kitty CON and proudly showing off my HELLO AXL tattoo. Getting totally drunk on free Hello Kitty champagne and being interviewed by Japanese camera crew at Hello Kitty Con VIP Party and having Hello Axl get filmed!
  Finding GUNS N ROSES Christmas sweater on ebay!!!
Oh and having 3 of my best GNR pals tell me that I wouldn't catch ebola even though my hospital is a designated ebola center!

That dress sounds pretty hot
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: