Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:50:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Has the Band lost or gained fans over the past year.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has the Band lost or gained fans over the past year.  (Read 7112 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« on: December 26, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »

I honestly think they have lost fans.

I think it was a good year for the band, but the interest from the general public just doesn't seem to be there any more.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »

The attention from casual fans tend to swing with the activity of the band. If GN'R releases an album next year, a lot of people will be curious about it and I think it will draw people to the concerts.

I think the declining turnout at recent years' concerts are because of over-saturation without any new elements. I mean, 5 years is a long time to tour 1 album.

So, I don't think they have "lost fans" per se, but rather the casual attention (which can easily swing back).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »

I think the casual fans are the hardest to get back.  Thing is they are the easiest to leave also...

The loss of hardcore fans is what is the worst thing.  Once those fans are gone they will never come back.

Where have some many of this sites members gone

There are people that are listed as moderators that haven't posted in years and if you just look back a few pages on the threads here, you will see names of people that never, ever post anymore.  I would take that as a sign that a good junk of the hardcore fan base is gone

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:15:04 PM »

I think the casual fans are the hardest to get back.  Thing is they are the easiest to leave also...

The loss of hardcore fans is what is the worst thing.  Once those fans are gone they will never come back.

Where have some many of this sites members gone

There are people that are listed as moderators that haven't posted in years and if you just look back a few pages on the threads here, you will see names of people that never, ever post anymore.  I would take that as a sign that a good junk of the hardcore fan base is gone

Not necessarily. Remember, these forums have been around for 10-15 years. Even though people grow older and maybe loses interest or can't find the time to participate in the message board discussions, they could still buy new music and attend the concerts.

Of course, some of these people loses interest in the band all together.

The lack of discussions here could be attributed to the missing "myth of Chinese Democracy". I know mygnr is still very active, but I consider that board and this one to be vastly different in types of discussion (and moderating style). There's a lot of silliness going on over there, which is cool if that's what you enjoy. That could be the reason they're getting "refilled" with younger fans through the years. Since this board is more directed at "serious" (as serious as you can consider a rock band to be that is Smiley) discussions, let's face it, there's not a lot going on in GN'R world at the moment. Hopefully 2015 turns that around.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:17:46 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »

Its just weird that there were people on here with thousands of posts, over a span of many years and they just seemed to leave...

Just like there used to be a great buzz over the band with the general pubic, now none..

MB with the release of new music, brought with a good marketing plan and a serious world tour, this will bring back these fans..

Personally, I have never seen the buzz over the band this low and I wanted to see if it was just me, or if others where seeing the same thing
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »

Don't forget its now easier to get GNR information. For example the Hammerstein presales were through this forum. Now they're announced on FB. Plus twitter, and an almost functional website, and youtube. GNR is a lot more accessible than just through a forum

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »

GnR has worked hard to gain the public & promoters trust since 2002....   2006, 2007, 2010-2014  they have done a lot of shows, with little cancellations ( either with it being out of the bands hands, or injuries, etc).   The residency's have been real successful, playing festivals... putting on 3 hr shows, releasing a blu ray- DVD, a lot of the credit goes to Team Brazil, who I think has done a real good job.  Now Guns is working on a new album,  with the band getting a break to do other projects and some rest.  I'm excited at what's to come for the future, especially more concerts.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »

Personally, I have never seen the buzz over the band this low and I wanted to see if it was just me, or if others where seeing the same thing

'94-'98 was pretty low I think. As soon as rumors of new releases came around it picked up.

Now, the mystique of "how will their new sound be" and "who are these new musicians" is gone this time around. They have to rely on good marketing and quality music for any new stuff coming up.

Axl is still a force to be reckoned with I think. There's no doubt (even if you're a fan of the guy or not), he generates an interesting atmosphere around his persona. People will pay attention to whatever he chooses to release. He has already proven his talent as a songwriter years and years ago, so there's no doubt the guy has the ability to create interesting things. Let's just hope he succeeds doing that in the future.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 09:42:24 PM »

Just to add about the buzz around the band.

If you look at the statistics for this site, you'll see that, although the amount of posts have declined, the number of page views in the message board hasn't really. There's a lot of people viewing the forum, just not that many participating in discussions. Imo, simply because there's not much to talk about right now. As time goes by, more and more general topics about the band (favourite song, concert, guitar player etc.) has been done to death.

We need some real news right now to pick up the activity I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »

Axl, if you're reading this, a visit here right now could set the place on fire.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
mortismurphy
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »

If you are going to play the exact same show for six years, in the exact same areas, you are going to lose fans. People will simply, feel they are being conned.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:07 AM »

I honestly think they have lost fans.

I think it was a good year for the band, but the interest from the general public just doesn't seem to be there any more.

I disagree.
The GN'R Facebook page keeps growing and Axl keeps getting mentioned in the media when he says something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »

maybe hard core fans on message boards get tired of reading the same old posts by the same old people in every thread created...Gnr boards are inundated with posts from certain people who don't know when to shut the fuck up! Merry X-mas and Happy New Year!  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »

Merry X-mas and Happy New Year!  ok

Good point, happy holidays!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 11:11:41 AM »

/jarmo

Happy Holidays  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »

/jarmo

Its always tough to try and have a discusion around the holidays as nobody is truely into it.   Just a brrak from the turkey

Happy Holidays!
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

Baconman, why do you think the casual fans would be the hardest to get back? It seems to me like they would casually come and go. I think this is an interesting question (whether the band has lost or gained fans over the past year) but I'm not really sure what I would base my estimate off of.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »

Baconman, why do you think the casual fans would be the hardest to get back? It seems to me like they would casually come and go. I think this is an interesting question (whether the band has lost or gained fans over the past year) but I'm not really sure what I would base my estimate off of.

The only way to get back the casual fans is to

Have a hit single, have a slick marketing campaign, tour tour tour... 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: