Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 740290 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »

WTF is going on!  I swear to God if Finks departure delays this album again I'm gonna flip.  Unless Axl has a trick up his sleeve and planned it.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »

By the time I got here / and izzy were long gone.  peace

It wasn't long until I heard BH's departure. Nothing can hurt me anymore.
Izzy isn't completely gone! He did show up in '06. Best part of that tour, imo.

And if Trent can have Robin, Trent should at least record one non-CD track with Axl and release that. That'd be awesome.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

Izzy isn't completely gone! He did show up in '06. Best part of that tour, imo.

Not for me. he wasn't / isn't in the band for sure.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:57 PM »

I think if this is true and Robin is out, I don't think he is someone that can be replaced, he and tommy are the only people from the first show 01/01/01 that are still in the band.  so if Finck is out ... that would suck !

so they survived slash/izzy leaving but cant survive finck?? Huh do some of you realise what you are saying??

I know that for me Robin is 50% of the allure to this incarnation of GNR.

idk, i thought they couldnt survive buckethead loss but they seemed to....its more of a hodge podge of musicians than a band..

personally IF its true that hes gone they dont even need another guitarist...3 is overkill...or if they want bring back bucket to be in his place...

BH can't replace robin. basically I don't think robin left/is leaving.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:07:13 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »

it only goes until Sept., but that is the North American part of the tour-this could go maybe til Dec or so

libertad
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »

I will cut my balls off with a rusty Hindu blade if Fink quites the band now.

No, you won't.   rofl

at least someone appreciated my post

cheers Crowebar!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »

I think if this is true and Robin is out, I don't think he is someone that can be replaced, he and tommy are the only people from the first show 01/01/01 that are still in the band.  so if Finck is out ... that would suck !

so they survived slash/izzy leaving but cant survive finck?? Huh do some of you realise what you are saying??

idk, i thought they couldnt survive buckethead loss but they seemed to....its more of a hodge podge of musicians than a band..

personally IF its true that hes gone they dont even need another guitarist...3 is overkill...or if they want bring back bucket to be in his place...

That's all I can hope for right now; Robin not being gone completely.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

That's all I can hope for right now; Robin not being gone completely.

If he leaves he leaves.  The album is done and a tour without him won't be a huge loss if GNR pushes forward. 
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »

My vote's with Bob on Robin adding a huge amount of charisma and character to the stage presence of the band. 

It would be good to make some sort of announcement to recognize the fans that have "stuck with us through all of the *&#$%ing !@#$" (Get in The Ring). 

Losing Robin would be a tremendous loss, but I still think this may be the "on loan" scenario and that when the wheels are up on the CD flight Robin will be on board.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »

Theres a positive side to this, we get to see Robin this summer live with NIN where he shines as much as he does in GNR.  Cool   I really do believe we will see Robin with GnR once everything is ready and this NIN reunion tour has ran its course.

Richard can play with Nena and no one raised a fuss.   Dizzy has tour dates booked with his own thing..  Tommy was in Soul Asylum for a while before the band came back in 2006.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

Take some deep breaths.

We don't have any official news/comments on this yet.

I'm not saying this isn't true, I'm saying we don't know anything so it's pointless to speculate.

To all those who like to try to use this as an opportunity to attack the band and post your doomsday theories, keep out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
overmatik
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

Theres a positive side to this, we get to see Robin this summer live with NIN where he shines as much as he does in GNR.  Cool   I really do believe we will see Robin with GnR once everything is ready and this NIN reunion tour has ran its course.

As a great NIN fan this is good news for me, Robin's absence on NIN live was huge, as his chemistry with Trent is just perfect! For me their best line-up was the one from the Fragility Tour, awesome band!

As to GNR, there's nothing to worry about, CD won't be out before the 2nd semester. Robin just want to get back in the road with the best RnR active band in the world. After all, CD is ready, what will he be doing?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:18 PM »

Take some deep breaths.

I'm not saying this isn't true, I'm saying we don't know anything so it's pointless to speculate.

To all those who like to try to use this as an opportunity to attack the band and post your doomsday theories, keep out.

/jarmo

I was waiting to see when you'd weigh in.    beer

To all those saying "wait until we have official word / until a release is issued / etc.," I'm not sure that GnR is in the habit of releasing an official statement every time one of their members takes another gig during GnR's down time.  It may be far more a question of what to do with free time rather then questioning anyone's loyalties at this point...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2008, 02:17:31 PM »

and we definitely don't have any word that Robin has left the band.    Robin has communicated to GnR fans before thru his website and when his site goes back up, maybe he'll have something to say.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

I'm sure he shut it down because he knew the pic was going to be posted, and just didn't want 10,000,000 e-mails at the time, which I understand

libertad
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »

Theres a positive side to this, we get to see Robin this summer live with NIN where he shines as much as he does in GNR.  Cool   I really do believe we will see Robin with GnR once everything is ready and this NIN reunion tour has ran its course.

Richard can play with Nena and no one raised a fuss.   Dizzy has tour dates booked with his own thing..  Tommy was in Soul Asylum for a while before the band came back in 2006.   

well the only thing i'm assuming is that the NIN tour will 8 months to a year long...so that puts us into 2009... until robin can commit to gnr again...

i guess its a possiblity that gnr releases the album for the xmas 08 season and tours in the may-december season of 2009 to promote the album....the only problem with that is that its like deja-fucking-vu all over again

I was kinda getting excited with the dr pepper hype and the announcement of a management team i thought that things were looking up...last time robin left it was because the album was nowhere in site and axl had no clue he was gonna leave...i hope that this time both parties were more open with each other...i hope that we get a statement from the band and axl next week  Undecided

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »

The album wasn't done in 1999, it's done now.

Big difference.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »

The album wasn't done in 1999

we dont know that for sure

it's done now.

we dont know that for sure either

I'm saying we don't know anything so it's pointless to speculate.

I think if this is true and Robin is out, I don't think he is someone that can be replaced

if we only learned one thing from axl...its that everyone can be replaced...except him i guess

before some of you say that you arent waiting...how long does this rat race go on before something tangible comes out of it all that we can physically hold with our hands  Undecided

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »

well the only thing i'm assuming is that the NIN tour will 8 months to a year long...so that puts us into 2009... until robin can commit to gnr again...

i guess its a possiblity that gnr releases the album for the xmas 08 season and tours in the may-december season of 2009 to promote the album....the only problem with that is that its like deja-fucking-vu all over again

I was kinda getting excited with the dr pepper hype and the announcement of a management team i thought that things were looking up...last time robin left it was because the album was nowhere in site and axl had no clue he was gonna leave...i hope that this time both parties were more open with each other...i hope that we get a statement from the band and axl next week  Undecided

Who says Robin is touring with NIN further than the North American leg?  NIN hasn't issued a press release about anything, all they did was post a picture on their website without any further details
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2008, 03:11:51 PM »

Who says Robin is touring with NIN further than the North American leg?  NIN hasn't issued a press release about anything, all they did was post a picture on their website without any further details

no one said that but why hire the guy for only one leg of the tour...sounds kinda dumb to me. so they take off a few months to rehearse a new lead guitarist in the middle of the tour? i really doubt it

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: