Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:49:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 727179 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 10:23:11 PM »

Its about loyalty

if u are in GUNS N ROSES u dont join other bands and tour the world.

Side projects or solo things are ok cause they are smaller level things.

NIN is a huge thing

u dont go from GNR to NIN

If u want me to take this band seriously as GNR, these guys should be dedicated and committed TO GNR and not going back and forth with major bands.

Really, this sounds like something James Hetfield said about Jason Newsted's side project. Sure you're not confusing GNR with Metallica?

nah Axl was pretty beat up aboiut robin leaving last time...and axl brought in Brian May to redo his parts and everything

November 13th, 1999
Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...

Loder: He just wanted to get back to Nine Inch Nails, right?

Rose: [continuing] ... but at the same time, it's turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step farther, that had he been here, it's not something that would have been considered, and I wouldn't have been rude enough to attempt to do that. Robin did a great job, but we've been able to up the ante a little bit. Dave came in and did something great on "Oh My God," and we've had a few other people come in, so that was a setback for a while, but then it's turned out to be a good thing.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »

Robin is awesome.

That show he put on in Tampa was fucking amazing. He became my favorite member of the band in 06. This will suck if he's gone but as usual nothing is as it seems in this world.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
ben9785
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »

I see a few different sides to this..

1. Trent's obviously extended an invitation and Robin's interested in going back out on the road with them because there are no forthcoming commitments related to GNR set in store for the forseeable future.

2. For the above mentioned reason, Finck isn't holding his breath waiting and wants to get out and play.

Before anyone criticises me I have been a continued supporter of GNR over the years regardless of what people expect or judge or think otherwise. This is just an interesting development..

p.s. the photo of him on NIN website looks great.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »

crying

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »

This is good news for NIN fans, not necessarily for GN'R fans.

This will be first of several tour legs for NIN this year. Meaning, it will probably extend beyond Sept. Whether Robin will be part of all, who knows?
But it definitely sounds like Robin will be unavailable to GN'R in the best possible promotion period around the Olympics in Aug-Sept.

As for the comments "he's done it before, no worries", Robin left GN'R for good in 1999. In late 2000 it took some effort to convince him to come back. That luckily coincided with NIN going on hiatus and Trent entering rehab, etc. This now is a different situation....at least for the rest of 2008.  nervous

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ben9785
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 10:34:03 PM »

We know things are definitely moving long well with the new management, Axl's statements etc..

We also haven't heard from Robin himself or Axl or any others associated so we don't know what's going on.

Last time around Robin jumped back to NIN assumedly for Good, and as leatherebel said it took some effort to get him to come back that time. We also don't know how long Robin is going to commit for NIN, if he's just testing the waters possibly for a long term return to NIN, or just as a one off..

EDIT: Regarding Robin's website change; I've been checking out Robin's site frequently this week. I only noticed that his website was changed yesterday afternoon (after midday, Friday 5 April in Australian time)
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »

This will be first of several tour legs for NIN this year. Meaning, it will probably extend beyond Sept. Whether Robin will be part of all, who knows?
But it definitely sounds like Robin will be unavailable to GN'R in the best possible promotion period around the Olympics in Aug-Sept.

As for the comments "he's done it before, no worries", Robin left GN'R for good in 1999. In late 2000 it took some effort to convince him to come back. That luckily coincided with NIN going on hiatus and Trent entering rehab, etc. This now is a different situation....at least for the rest of 2008.  nervous

This is exactly how I look at things.

-= IzzBo =-
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 10:40:54 PM »

As for the comments "he's done it before, no worries", Robin left GN'R for good in 1999. In late 2000 it took some effort to convince him to come back. That luckily coincided with NIN going on hiatus and Trent entering rehab, etc. This now is a different situation....at least for the rest of 2008.  nervous

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't what happened Robin left, Buckehtead came into the fold and then Robin decided he wanted to come back?  Anyway, people can talk all they want about the inordinate time it's taken for CD to come out, but Robin will never be able to contribute creatively in significant ways in NIN.  In GnR he has the opportunity to shine and with songs like Better has proven himself as a songwriter.  That's something he'll never be able to do with NIN.  And I guarantee he's made more money with GnR than NIN.  So unless there's some sort of big personal rift, I can't imagine he would leave GnR where he has had the chance to record and write for one of the biggest albums in recent years to a band where one man writes and controls every facet of every song.  Until official word comes down, I'll assume Robin is touring with them because it's  a great opportunity to play live in front of big crowds which all musicians want to do, and additionally to earn some money.  But leaving GnR full time for NIN makes no sense from a business or artistic standpoint, it would have to be a personal falling out that led to that
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »

If robin leaves I will cry.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ben9785
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »

Jarmo? Mysteron? Anybody got any further word?..
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2008, 11:37:19 PM »

I'm going to assume a little here but I think Robin will be coming back. Only thing that bothers me is that this means CD isn't coming out until at least the end of the year. I can't see Axl releasing it and then waiting for everyone else to finish what they're doing to tour 6 months afterwards.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 11:40:55 PM »

c'ya finck

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »

I hope there is a comment of some sorts from the band or on the website - because this just sucks -

If the album were close to being ready for release, I'd think Robin would be needed for promotion-type appearances or something along those lines

Who knows anymore.........

I'm sure when he signed up originally with Axl, he wasn't thinking that in 2008 the album would still be in doubt........ no  So if he's gone, can anyone really blame the guy?
ben9785
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2008, 11:49:34 PM »

I hope there is a comment of some sorts from the band or on the website - because this just sucks -

If the album were close to being ready for release, I'd think Robin would be needed for promotion-type appearances or something along those lines

Who knows anymore.........

I'm sure when he signed up originally with Axl, he wasn't thinking that in 2008 the album would still be in doubt........ no  So if he's gone, can anyone really blame the guy?

We don't know. We can be sure that at one point in 99/2000 Finck was unhappy and went back to NIN but was persuaded to come back, and has stuck with them since until this year. Nobody really knows how he's feeling about GNR because he's never really spoke about it and nobody's been concerned enough to ask him about it.

But certainly, if CD promotion is forthcoming, Finck DOES NEED to be there because outside Axl of course, him and Tommy are the two "mainstays" of the band, despite the evolution of the lineup..

Again though, we don't know what's going on, or what's happened since the last show at Tokyo. This could possibly be the outcome of something which has been going on for months?..
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »

That's the problem here, Ben. We don't know. And based on the way Axl and crew give the fans info.........we sure as shit ARE NOT going to know anything.......

ben9785
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2008, 11:54:26 PM »

I hate to be negative in that sense.. but your right.

I suppose we may not receive any further information for a few hours yet since its Friday Night in US..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:56:47 PM by ben785 » Logged
ben9785
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »

Sure, if NIN returned to Australia, I would definitely go to see them this time if Finck was there.

But its not good enough. Finck for me was a highlight in GNR. I don't care what anybody says. He's a great big part of what it has become.

And I don't see why this post would be deleted. NIN have confirmed his return. The news can't be disputed. We are merely discussing this now until further news comes to hand..
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:51 AM »

I'm sure he's just touring and it's only temporary.....BUT I would still feel better if Jarmo, Mysterion, Beta, Fernando, or AXL comfirmed....I love Robin!!

Axl is God.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:44 AM »

I suppose we may not receive any further information for a few hours yet since its Friday Night in US..

That's all I'm saying.   We were told awhile ago that we'd be updated if something new came up - well the lead guitarist leading this project is touring with Trent Reznor this summer and not jamming onstage with Gnr in support of Chinese Democracy - I'd say that qualifies as something new coming up
ben9785
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »

That's all I'm saying.   We were told awhile ago that we'd be updated if something new came up - well the lead guitarist leading this project is touring with Trent Reznor this summer and not jamming onstage with Gnr in support of Chinese Democracy - I'd say that qualifies as something new coming up

Then again we can't bring the release of "Chinese Democracy" into the question because:

1 - We don't know how long Robin's going to be touring with NIN and how much further its going to go after the 'world tour' which has been announced - I don't believe this 'world tour' has been completely confirmed yet either. Based on the tour dates on NIN.com, the current set of tour dates go into early September 2008, and "more dates will be announced soon", and these dates so far only cover US. Obviously since its a 'world tour', theyll go to Europe, Australia etc, so this could go well into next year, and we don't know for how much of it Robin is committing to yet.

2 - We don't have any timeframe for the release of "Chinese Democracy" as yet or any live dates for that matter (then again, we were advised that live dates would only follow after the release of the album)

and, once again

3 - We don't know what's going on in the GNR camp. This could either have been 'known' in the GNR camp, or Robin may have just bailed out..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:13:34 AM by ben785 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: