Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 725268 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4700 on: June 17, 2009, 01:41:12 AM »

Robin is indeed awesome.   I hope once NIN wraps up he is doing something in the music world, whether in GnR or elsewhere.   smoking
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4701 on: June 17, 2009, 05:04:42 AM »

Was it ever told by GN'R (Axl or management) that Robin is officially out!??

The only thing I remember is Axl saying something like 'We do not know Robin's plans...'

For me Robin can be back as he never left. Sure, I would like to see that DJ Ashba also, but he did at this moment zero for Guns so....I dunno. Let's wait and see.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4702 on: June 17, 2009, 05:36:51 AM »

It really is what it is. No decisions have been made by either him, I or us that I'm aware of.

When we're touring or working in the studio or there's social things like a friend's dinner or party whatever we would hang. But as people get older they have their own lives. The Stones aren't going bowling every Tuesday etc.

Robin leads one of the most different lives I know of starting with the trapeze in his backyard to the tv in his closet. Robin's work on the next is done so there's not lots for him to do here except the elusive promo and he'd rather be on stage.

It's more about seeing where things are when Guns decides it's right for a tour and if we're able to make agreements we both are comfortable and can live with at that time.

Dont know wheter this is the last Axl said on this topic.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #4703 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:43 AM »

I miss Robin....DJ seems to be great player,but...when i listen to "BETTER",it remind me of Robin.i love his emotional play!! ok

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4704 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:09 AM »

I like robin, but he's the one reason guns arent on tour. Total speculation of course

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4705 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »

I like robin, but he's the one reason guns arent on tour. Total speculation of course
I don't know if he's completely to blame, but I'm sure his going off with NIN certainly didn't help things.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4706 on: June 17, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »

Wouldnt blame it on Robin, DJ has had plenty of time and would definitly be comfortable with the set by now.  From the Axl chats i gathered that a "better" video would be out and the plan was to tour. (although they had nothing planned).  seems like something went wrong somewhere.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4707 on: June 17, 2009, 10:10:52 AM »

Wouldnt blame it on Robin, DJ has had plenty of time and would definitly be comfortable with the set by now.  From the Axl chats i gathered that a "better" video would be out and the plan was to tour. (although they had nothing planned).  seems like something went wrong somewhere.
I don't disagree, BUT I think the Robin situation certainly hindered things a little bit.  If he never left they may have been able to go full speed ahead with everything.  Instead they needed to stall things and find a replacement for him.  Granted they found that replacement in DJ months ago and should be able to be doing all those things now.  But coming out of the gate in November they were kind of limited in what they could do, the bands lineup was unknown for the next couple months.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4708 on: June 17, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »

Yes, from gunsnroses.com:
Guns N' Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band. Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4709 on: June 17, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »

I don't disagree, BUT I think the Robin situation certainly hindered things a little bit.

yeah i agree, it did seem to hinder things quite a bit.  I am convinced though that not all is well within the Guns camp.  The latest story with the covers is really interesting.  Ive heard rumours that maybe Axl wanted one of these covers as the main cover but it wasnt approved at the time.  Of course that is just rumours though.  And from the Axl chats i gathered that the better video would be coming out the following week or so and maybe talks were under way for summer tour.  So perhaps Robin and some other issues have prevented that.

As for this thread, the question has been asked and answered now.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4710 on: June 17, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »

Yes, from gunsnroses.com:
Guns N' Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band. Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures.

Yes.... but don't forget the other part of the same article, from gunsnroses.com

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

One can interpret that many ways- but it seems to me that the door was left open for Robin. Definitely not Matt and Gilby being listed as "additional musicians". hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4711 on: June 18, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »

I dont even know why we still posting in this thread....I thought this was already closed  Huh

Finck is gone!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4712 on: June 19, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »

And it only took 5000 posts to find out!

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4713 on: June 19, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »

he's back to the NIN/2002 look as well..
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4714 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:30 PM »

he's back to the NIN/2002 look as well..

Since when?  When I saw him last month, he had a dreadlocked/spiky thing going on.  No beard, but no goth makeup like 2002.  Different look altogether.  More like NIN 2009. 

NIN is going away though at the end of August; who knows what's going to happen?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4715 on: June 20, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »

Just my opinion, but I think once someone's committment has been thrown into question - especially at such a crucial time as it was when Robin left - it would be a mistake letting him back in the band.

And there goes the challenger...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4716 on: June 20, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

Just my opinion, but I think once someone's committment has been thrown into question - especially at such a crucial time as it was when Robin left - it would be a mistake letting him back in the band.

What's he suppose to do wait around until the CD negoations were done ?? nah he wanted to tour.  GnR hasn't done nothing during that time (touring wise) so technically he hasn't missed shows but some rehearsals. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4717 on: June 21, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »

Robin hasn't said he quit. But he'd know what gamble he's doing, and that shouldn't/wouldn't stop the band.

All up to the band.
When they find great musical chemistry with dj there's no room for robin. unless they need 4 guitarists which is not likely the case. then again, there're more than 4 guitars on chinese.  Tongue

If they dion't...who knows.

At any rate, Axl knows what the muse of GNR wants.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4718 on: June 21, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

When they find great musical chemistry with dj there's no room for robin. unless they need 4 guitarists which is not likely the case. then again, there're more than 4 guitars on chinese. 
Musical chemistry doesnt grow on trees

Axl doesnt owe DJ anything. When Robin left GNR werent doing anything. No tours, no album release in sight, etc. Now that his obligations with NIN appears to be up, he should be allowed to come back and tour for the album he will be associated with in gNR history(if he wants to).

If they dont want to dick over DJ then they could still roll with 4 guitarists. Heck, arent they going to tour with two drummers? So whats the difference....

It would be nice if someone could get in touch with Robin and ask him what happened and does he want to be back
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:39:24 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4719 on: June 21, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »

(if he wants to).

I can't see any parent abandoning such a cute bouncing baby like better. I just can't.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: