Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:38:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 727712 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »

I hope this isn't happening...I love NIN but cmon, this is a huge step back if it happens. If he tours with NIN i do not believe its only for 2 months....im guessing more like one year or something.....

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »

I hate to be negative in that sense.. but your right.

I suppose we may not receive any further information for a few hours yet since its Friday Night in US..

That's all I'm saying.   We were told awhile ago that we'd be updated if something new came up - well the lead guitarist leading this project is touring with Trent Reznor this summer and not jamming onstage with Gnr in support of Chinese Democracy - I'd say that qualifies as something new coming up

Then again we can't bring the release of "Chinese Democracy" into the question because:

1 - We don't know how long Robin's going to be touring with NIN and how much further its going to go after the 'world tour' which has been announced - I don't believe this 'world tour' has been completely confirmed yet either. Based on the tour dates on NIN.com, the current set of tour dates go into early September 2008, and "more dates will be announced soon", and these dates so far only cover US. Obviously since its a 'world tour', theyll go to Europe, Australia etc, so this could go well into next year, and we don't know for how much of it Robin is committing to yet.

2 - We don't have any timeframe for the release of "Chinese Democracy" as yet or any live dates for that matter (then again, we were advised that live dates would only follow after the release of the album)

and, once again

3 - We don't know what's going on in the GNR camp. This could either have been 'known' in the GNR camp, or Robin may have just bailed out..

You're right - Untill we hear something, I guess it's pretty pointless to speculate on shit ...........Not holding my breath though
ben9785
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »

No its not completely pointless..

As of right now we do know that Robin has committed to NIN for what might end up being for a full world tour..

We do know that his committment to NIN will last until September 2008 at the very EARLIEST based on the current set of dates announced.

That is enough reason to start speculating..

This might only end up pushing back GNR's schedule/plans.

This might be more of a problem in the GNR camp than we think right now..

OR..

It might not be a problem at all. Maybe this isn't going to affect GNR at all, whether it means that it fits into GNR's current schedule, or the GNR lineup is going to change..

Anyway, my eyes hurt. I'm going to go listen to the ROCK AM RING bootleg and come back and hope for the best. I hope that, at the very LEAST, GNR won't be affected by this whether Robin is coming back or not, even if it causes a further delay on GNR activities..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:36:16 AM by ben785 » Logged
maynard
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »

MY GOD. Two bands I love seeing Robin with, hope everything is cool to release CD, the tour is not major priority, releasing the album is. So Robin can play again with Trent, all is cool, I'm excited sorry for my terrible English right now.  drool
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:50:40 AM by maynard » Logged
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2008, 12:47:20 AM »

NIN is one man.  Trent Reznor.  He cannot replicate the albums on stage himself, so he relies on a touring band.  All we know at this point is that Robin has shaved most of his beard and his photo has been posted on nin.com with the message "Welcome back."  The tour seems to only be a little over a month. 

Trent released his last album Year Zero last year and it was a flop so he has quickly put out an all instrumental album and organized a tour behind it.

Axl was quick to respond to Dr. Pepper.  If this is something serious, beyond Robin staying busy for a couple of months, he will let us know. 

Let's hope it is just Robin staying busy and quit it with the reunion talk, the time for Slash & Co. was long ago.  Even the STP reunion is not all that exciting.  CD has the potential to be something much more relevant.  Let's keep the faith.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2008, 12:59:06 AM »

I thought all members in GnR were allowed to do other gigs and tours, but as soon as gnr have something going they half to drop what their doing and head back to Guns N' Roses.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2008, 01:02:41 AM »

at first I though this was a bit troubling . But hell it's going to be cool to see robin live on stage this , granted I wish it was with guns ( still may happen ) but him doing it with trent is cooll as fuck too,

Beside seems like Axl and the bands new managment are taking care of the business side of things. So I don't think him playing with nin is bad . He probable just got offered it and though it would be cool to do since he isn't need right now by guns.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »

Shocking news, to say the least.

Until we get a statement, it's hard to make sense of it. But based on past history, there is every reason to worry here. The NIN tour certainly should extend into the next year, possibly meaning either the album is still in limbo or Finck has jumped ship.

Expect the proverbial 'Finck is still under contract' statement soon from management. Unfortunately, we heard that line for Buckethead for months before the truth was finally confirmed.

Some anxious days ahead.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2008, 01:11:00 AM »

why in the world would Robin even waste time with NIN.....dont get me wrong.. Hate machine and spiral are fucking awesome...but Trent has put out nothing but shit since....what a waste of a good talent..Robin that is...
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2008, 01:16:43 AM »

I've seen NIN a few times.  It wouldn't take much for him to tour with them.  All he has to do is PRETEND to play the guitar.   The backing tapes do most of the work.  I don't think he would even need to learn the songs to play with that band.
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2008, 01:17:39 AM »

www.robinfinck.com

"NEW SITE SOON"

Undecided Cry

GUnsguy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2008, 01:42:27 AM »

Let's pray that Axl and Reznor have put together a monster tour uniting GnR and NIN.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2008, 01:43:19 AM »

I hate to be negative...but apppears as though Robin is out of GNr...Reznor said this tour is going to be like a year and a half or something....yeah i dont think GNR is going to sit around until then
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2008, 01:45:43 AM »

Let's pray that Axl and Reznor have put together a monster tour uniting GnR and NIN.

That would be a killer tour. Though I think Robin would be one tired dude after each night.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2008, 01:50:49 AM »

I hate to be negative...but apppears as though Robin is out of GNr...Reznor said this tour is going to be like a year and a half or something....yeah i dont think GNR is going to sit around until then

The only dates I've seen for the NIN tour are through early September.  I don't think any other dates have been announced.

Ali
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2008, 01:54:18 AM »

Does GNR really need 3 guitarists to tour anyways? No.

Does Axl have to 'cancel' or 're-record' the album if, and this is a big if, Robin left? No. If the album is turned in, finished, like we've been told, he doesn't even have that luxury. Moreover, Bucket left and Axl has confirmed he still has creative vision on the album.

Regardless of how this 'plays out', and we really shouldn't jump to any conclusion just yet, the sky isn't falling. Robin or no Robin, GNR can still weather on just fine both as a live and recording enity.

I have confidence Bumble and 4Tus can replicate any material of the old band plus whatever 'new' material they happen to play live.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2008, 01:54:33 AM »

The only dates I've seen for the NIN tour are through early September.  I don't think any other dates have been announced.

Ali

The press statement mentions that Robin has joined NIN on their World Tour which alludes to a much longer tour to come.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2008, 01:57:10 AM »

listen I dont think this is that terrible now that i think about it...if Slash, izzzy, gilby and bucket can be replaced so can Robin.....

and remember they replaced IZZY STRADLIN in no time and Gilby learned all the tunes in 2 weeks....and that was Izzy f'n stradlin....GNR has been through darker times...actually speaking of Izzy... hihi
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 01:59:34 AM by Shadows7X » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59:14 AM »

Ali

The press statement mentions that Robin has joined NIN on their World Tour which alludes to a much longer tour to come.

Yes, I understand, but the only confirmed dates I've seen are through early September.  There is no set timeframe for how long a world tour lasts, anyway.

Ali
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »

listen I dont think this is that terrible now that i think about it...if Slash, izzzy, gilby and bucket can be replaced so can Robin.....

and remember they replaced IZZY STRADLIN in no time and Gilby learned all the tunes in 2 weeks....and that was Izzy f'n stradlin....GNR has been through darker times...

Not saying Robin is gone . But Ron also learned the stuff in a few weeks when he joined.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: