Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 737504 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #4600 on: March 16, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »

and we are back to square one .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4601 on: March 16, 2009, 04:17:20 PM »

Robin is real GN'R, sure! he is touring with NIN!!!! yada yada yada.....

@estanbanf:
agree that Robin SCOM/paris06 performance was cool. but you've only picked one of his best performances, there are many versions where he factly f*cked up that song, beginning riff +solo, exspecially in 2002. proof for this is there are AUD recordings floating around where you can listen to that.
its still a matter of taste in the end. as for me i mostly like the chemistry from the classic line-up more than anything so sorry if i am not in love with robins live work.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4602 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »

^ Indeed its a matter of taste. IMHO, even when Robin fucked up (which is not that many as you made it looks like, meine freund), it sounded better than Slash.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4603 on: March 16, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »

from my memories he did it some wrong often. but best might be someone making some kind of live collection from that song from 2001/2002 + 2006/07 for better comparing. his "f*ck ups" of SCOM sounded to me unintentionally, more like having trouble doing it right when moving, exspecially with the beginning riff. realizing that made him standing some more still later.

Re-Union time, baby!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4604 on: March 16, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »

from my memories he did it some wrong often. but best might be someone making some kind of live collection from that song from 2001/2002 + 2006/07 for better comparing. his "f*ck ups" of SCOM sounded to me unintentionally, more like having trouble doing it right when moving, exspecially with the beginning riff. realizing that made him standing some more still later.

Both have diffrent styles of playing, both diffrent guitar players.  I like it when people judge Robin on his playing, which probaly 95 percent of you never picked up a guitar and played before. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4605 on: March 16, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »

you just made assumptions yourself with the intention to bring down fans who dislike robins playing but never played guitar themselves. but it doesnt matter that much, does it? people have all their rights to give their opinions. i can talk politics but aint a poltician, ya know?
but info for you....guitar player speaking here  ok
i still like the idea having some mp3 collection of the AUD performances of SCOM/Robin for more detailed talking/comparing. however i cant combine that myself here, any help is welcome.

Re-Union time, baby!!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4606 on: March 16, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

you just made assumptions yourself with the intention to bring down fans who dislike robins playing but never played guitar themselves. but it doesnt matter that much, does it? people have all their rights to give their opinions. i can talk politics but aint a poltician, ya know?
but info for you....guitar player speaking here  ok
i still like the idea having some mp3 collection of the AUD performances of SCOM/Robin for more detailed talking/comparing. however i cant combine that myself here, any help is welcome.

Well if your so adament about Robin sucking so bad.  There's a thread called the Ex members section, if you don't know where it's at PM me and i'll give you the link.  There you can write about how great Slash play's his own music and talk with the other fellow member's here who are stuck in the past.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4607 on: March 16, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

you just got owned but you're still trying to put others down who disagree with your opinion? nice person!
Robin topics might also go into the Ex members section "soon". we can exchange links then, yeah?

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4608 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:38 PM »

Yes. I must admit Robin has fucked up a lot of SCOM's intros in 2002. The one in Nampa is awful, for example.

I dont know why, but when I think about Robin I think in 2006/2007. He improved his skills and his stage presence A LOT those years compared to 2001/2002. Probably Buckethead's absence helped him, but I also can notice some serious influence from him in his 2006/2007 playing (look at his Inland Invasion's guitar solo where he shreds and sounds almost like Bucket)

Slash is completely stuck. Zero surprise, zero evolution in his playing. Stuck in the same old boring hard rock / blues style.

Robin's completely the opposite case. That's why I prefer him and I want him back in the band (in the hypothetical case he's out)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #4609 on: March 17, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

Yes. I must admit Robin has fucked up a lot of SCOM's intros in 2002. The one in Nampa is awful, for example.

I dont know why, but when I think about Robin I think in 2006/2007. He improved his skills and his stage presence A LOT those years compared to 2001/2002. Probably Buckethead's absence helped him, but I also can notice some serious influence from him in his 2006/2007 playing (look at his Inland Invasion's guitar solo where he shreds and sounds almost like Bucket)

Slash is completely stuck. Zero surprise, zero evolution in his playing. Stuck in the same old boring hard rock / blues style.

Robin's completely the opposite case. That's why I prefer him and I want him back in the band (in the hypothetical case he's out)

What Slash has to do with Robin's departure?. I'd like to refute your wrong words about Slash, but I know this is not the right place for that. In regard to Robin, improved skills? I don't think so, he still has that messy style. Robin's gotten better his stage presence, I agree, his new look (not that freaky gothic style) helped a lot in that as well as time in the band. 2001/2 tour was kinda a warm up tour, in 2006/2007 he was more relaxed.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #4610 on: March 17, 2009, 07:18:05 PM »

I just got faded of reading about Robin fucking solos in this thread...

Do you honestly think that a professional musician, who preformed in two major band, plus a handfull of side projects can't reproduce note by note any song he wants? Come on guys .... Grow up! I have friends, who are amateur guitar players, that never played in a band, and they can play very close to the original songs from GNR and Metallica!

Robin plays those songs differently because it's the way he aproach then, it's his vibe, his style, not a handicap. You can like it or not, but don't think he hasn't enough skills to play them
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #4611 on: March 17, 2009, 07:22:56 PM »

there is loose and then there is there is sloppy.

keith richards = loose
Joe perry = loosey goosey
Richard fortus = loose, but can rip when he wants but thas the "feel".
Robin finck = sloppy

thats not an aopinion formed because he has chosen to leave the band for now (lets not kid ourselves), but one fomred on the basis of countless bootlegs, youtube vids, and actual seeing him live three times with gnr.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4612 on: March 17, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »

I just got faded of reading about Robin fucking solos in this thread...

Do you honestly think that a professional musician, who preformed in two major band, plus a handfull of side projects can't reproduce note by note any song he wants? Come on guys .... Grow up! I have friends, who are amateur guitar players, that never played in a band, and they can play very close to the original songs from GNR and Metallica!

Robin plays those songs differently because it's the way he aproach then, it's his vibe, his style, not a handicap. You can like it or not, but don't think he hasn't enough skills to play them

many professional players make mistakes, its mainly not a big problem. but it can turn into one, it leaves some bitter taste when Robin factly f*cks up those HUGE rock songs with those melodies everyone and her sister knows, like SCOM. the proofs are circulating. it wasnt that often the case, only at some shows (list anyone??) but it appears the style he choosed to play guitar performingwise overall -at points- comes along with some kind of sloppiness.

Re-Union time, baby!!
maynard
« Reply #4613 on: March 17, 2009, 08:02:39 PM »

It's his style, really. With NIN it works very well, with GNR, not so much. Robin is a big influence for me and I really enjoy watching him playing on stage. He doesn't care to play perfectly but with emotion and feeling, and that's what is about, for me.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4614 on: March 17, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »

rip on Robin all you like - but - when he is playing his OWN material he sounds like a totally different guitar player to me.

I dunno how this will all 'play out' but I do hope eventually these guys can all get on the same page and pull back the curtain of mystery and let us know exactly who is 'Guns N Roses.'

I really hope they aren't forced to bring in yet another new 'member' - the more this keeps happening the more, IMHO, it seems to tarnish the name. Same goes right back to UYI when Matt and Gilby were brought in. Not quite as extreme as these days but, really, once adler AND izzy were gone it was a different band.

I just hope Axl can find a lineup that will stick for the remainder of longevity the GNR brand has left. A lineup that can say, when asked, 'yes, I'm a member of Guns N Roses.' and not 'umm, I'm not sure - we'll see when/if the tour starts - I wanna be there though.'

+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #4615 on: March 17, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »

rip on Robin all you like - but - when he is playing his OWN material he sounds like a totally different guitar player to me.

Good point. I like Robin playing his own material, but no when he plays songs from Appetite, Lies and Illusions. There're two reason I think current GNR it's not such "good" live. One is sloppy Robin's solos and the other one is Axl's voice, it's sounds weak most part of the show.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4616 on: March 17, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

Good point. I like Robin playing his own material, but no when he plays songs from Appetite, Lies and Illusions. There're two reason I think current GNR it's not such "good" live. One is sloppy Robin's solos and the other one is Axl's voice, it's sounds weak most part of the show.

Have you actually seen a live show ever?Huh??  I saw them live in 1991 and then twice in 2006.  Axl's voice in 2006 was twice what is was at the supposed peak and Robin's solos both of those nights were up to par with what Slash put up in 1991.  The only real difference in my opinion was the choice of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" vs. the theme from The Godfather and Voodoo Chile. 

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4617 on: March 18, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »

It's finny people complain about sloppiness. Really, this is GNR. They were so sloppy in the 80's at times it wasn't even good. Some nights were great/unmatched and some nights were awful.

Finck is a sloppy blues player like Jimmy Page. Slash is more precise but not by much. And live, there is no comparison old and new. The new band is WAY tighter live.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:49:01 AM by axl2 » Logged

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4618 on: March 18, 2009, 03:55:19 AM »

And what is the tightiest are the 121 pages talking shit about rob..
I hope he doesn't read all that crap

Nothing to say
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4619 on: March 18, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »

Axl and Robin steal the show for me.  Let me guess you probaly watched some youtube clips instead of going to shows.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: