Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 726497 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4720 on: June 21, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »

Well you can't just quit your job and do something else and then wanna comeback and still have that position.  Even though Robin hasn't released a statement on his GnR status, I wouldn't expcept him to be back unless DJ was kind of enough to step down.  Further more there's nothing wrong with 4 guitarist.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4721 on: June 21, 2009, 05:17:39 PM »

Are we making sense for those who never get Robin or chinese democracy?  hihi
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4722 on: June 21, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »

Further more there's nothing wrong with 4 guitarist.
Yes there is.

The job now belongs to DJ.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4723 on: June 21, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »

the 4th guitarist?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4724 on: June 21, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »

Well you can't just quit your job and do something else and then wanna comeback and still have that position.  Even though Robin hasn't released a statement on his GnR status, I wouldn't expcept him to be back unless DJ was kind of enough to step down.  Further more there's nothing wrong with 4 guitarist.

Do we even know if he offically quit?

Nothing was going on with GNR. He did what every other member has done....do other tours, etc. There werent any tours or album in sight when he decided to do NIN. It was the same as usual.

What has he missed since leaving? Im sure DJ is good but I would hope to see atleast one dam guitarist that helped create CD when they finally tour on CD.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4725 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:43 PM »

Nothing was going on with GNR. He did what every other member has done....do other tours, etc. There werent any tours or album in sight when he decided to do NIN. It was the same as usual.

What has he missed since leaving? Im sure DJ is good but I would hope to see atleast one dam guitarist that helped create CD when they finally tour on CD.

Agreed.  I think Robin saw that nothing was on the horizon and Trent called with the offer to close out NIN on a positive note.  Robin had been bad-mouthed by Trent when he returned to GnR and probably saw touring with NIN as a chance to play, mend a fence with Trent, and cement his legacy with a great band.  GnR probably didn't come calling in earnest until after CD was released when we all heard about the audtions for a new guitarist.  At that point in time, the Lights in the Sky tour was done and Trent had scheduled the NINJA and European Wave Goodbye legs.  Now that GnR is obviously not doing anything in the immediate future, replacing Robin is not really necessary.  Even Axl said shortly after the release of CD that Robin was interested in touring.  I think that it would suck to be DJ and be told that you weren't really needed, but if Robin wants to come back that is the right thing to do.  Robin played on the album and has a writing credit on Better.  DJ's latest writing credit is for Motley Crue, if I remember correctly.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4726 on: June 21, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »

Agreed.  I think Robin saw that nothing was on the horizon and Trent called with the offer to close out NIN on a positive note.  Robin had been bad-mouthed by Trent when he returned to GnR and probably saw touring with NIN as a chance to play, mend a fence with Trent, and cement his legacy with a great band.  GnR probably didn't come calling in earnest until after CD was released when we all heard about the audtions for a new guitarist.  At that point in time, the Lights in the Sky tour was done and Trent had scheduled the NINJA and European Wave Goodbye legs.  Now that GnR is obviously not doing anything in the immediate future, replacing Robin is not really necessary.  Even Axl said shortly after the release of CD that Robin was interested in touring.  I think that it would suck to be DJ and be told that you weren't really needed, but if Robin wants to come back that is the right thing to do.  Robin played on the album and has a writing credit on Better.  DJ's latest writing credit is for Motley Crue, if I remember correctly.

I agree, the NIN gig was probaly a once in a lifetime opportunity knowing now that it's their last tour.  It will be interesting to see what he does after the tours over.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4727 on: December 26, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »

I am really getting a kick out of reading some of these old threads.

This one really sounds like the current one going on with Rons status in the band.

Many of the same posters here have also posted in the Ron thread, the exact same things!! 

Some people never learn haha
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4728 on: December 27, 2014, 08:14:41 AM »

I am really getting a kick out of reading some of these old threads.

This one really sounds like the current one going on with Rons status in the band.

Many of the same posters here have also posted in the Ron thread, the exact same things!! 

Some people never learn haha

Wow that's funny, there are some clear parallels.  So is Robin out of the band, or not because the band's on hiatus?  hihi
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4729 on: December 27, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »

Oh ya there are tons of things fhe same.   I found a few Buckethead threads and they are pretty much the exact same thing as well

The besf is the same posters who keep saying we have to wait and see      Wonder if they are still waiting haha
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: