Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 61170 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »

well this year it should come out just due to the facts.

every person get's free can of dr.pepper

Motley crue
Metallica
RHCP
Aerosmith
Velvet Revolver
Leppard.

and more will come out in summer/begin fall so, after summer Rock music should start getting big again and knock down does damn Hiphop music and other stuff that is Crap
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »

Reliable belgian magazine (HUMO) also announced that CD is finally ready to be released. It's a reliable source, but when it comes to GN'R news/updates they already reported 'false' rumors in the past...why they only miss with the GN'R related news?  hihi
(on the other hand, GN'R isn't a popular band in this magazine...too bad, as it is a good magazine)

Anyhow, hopefully they've got it right this time! The interesting part in the news bulletin was the fact that they mentioned that the album would come out together with a documentary of the recordings..!!?? (reason would be to give the CD more promotion and give something extra to the fans for the patience they had.).. .

I was wondering if anybody else also heard this rumor of CD being released with a (DVD?) documentary of the recordings?

Peace  peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »

but may/june 2008 isn't midsummer (which is still a "dead"-time) and prob. too close for cd. don't get me wrong, my hopes are also up. but rather for a late 2008 release. that's a bit more realistic i suppose. Wink

I'm easy about what season  but seeing as how as the negotiations that have been the cause of delay for quite long are getting sorted out within a few weeks by the new management, don't you think the movement is now rather rapid?
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

but may/june 2008 isn't midsummer (which is still a "dead"-time) and prob. too close for cd. don't get me wrong, my hopes are also up. but rather for a late 2008 release. that's a bit more realistic i suppose. Wink

I'm easy about what season  but seeing as how as the negotiations that have been the cause of delay for quite long are getting sorted out within a few weeks by the new management, don't you think the movement is now rather rapid?

hard to say. i hope so. but if they announce it now, the release-date would be a date at least 2-3 months from now. normally a lot more than that. but what's "normal" anyway?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:33:29 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »

Late 2007 Beta said the album was finished, period, no question marks  ok

This signature is very funny.
tippin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

I think some of you are getting a little ahead of yourselves...there's no way the album would be released in June or July, you do realize it's already April 17th right? It's gonna take a little time...even when the negotiations are done...I would say September would be the absolute earliest we'll see it...IF we see it.

We also don't even know what "moving along nicely" means...For all we know, they could have been so far off on demands that dialog stopped...It could be that the new management just got things going again...

Usually, i'm an extremely positive person, but years of high expectations being left unfulfilled have me a little skeptical...

God I hope it happens this time though...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2008, 01:59:55 PM »

Given the protracted negotiations with the label, I wonder how Axl was able to even give a "tentative" release date?  Unless of course the stumbling blocks were completely unexpected.
I wonder how Axl was able to give the March 6th release date way back in December 2006 even though mixing and mastering had not even started til after Febuary 2007. Something is bullshit about that for sure.

I think it must have been that the negotiations were either unexpected, or took an unexpected turn.

In addition to that, there were delays due to scheduling conflicts.

The album was recorded and mixing should've started immediately, but didn't.

/jarmo

Makes sense to me, as it makes no sense to deliberately mislead the fans/media with even a tentative date, unless he thought there was a genuine possibility of it happening. 

The fact it didn't, means that the delay was out of his hands.

Let's hope the new management team are able to help overcome any remaining hurdles, to everyones benefit  ok
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »

If you read Axl's open letter it say's that it takes 8 weeks for a CD to hit the shelves once its turned into the record company.   I believe once the  negotiations are done it will be a real quick process.  couple Scenario's I could see is a June Single with a August release date, July single with a Sept release, or possible a May single drop with a july release ( which would be unlikely but you never know).  It could be released anytime really since its the most anticipated CD release in history.  I don't know anything but im really excited !!! its a good time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

If you read Axl's open letter it say's that it takes 8 weeks for a CD to hit the shelves once its turned into the record company.   I believe once the  negotiations are done it will be a real quick process.  couple Scenario's I could see is a June Single with a August release date, July single with a Sept release, or possible a May single drop with a july release ( which would be unlikely but you never know).  It could be released anytime really since its the most anticipated CD release in history.  I don't know anything but im really excited !!! its a good time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.

This varies a lot, but singles have been coming out closer and closer to the albums release in recent years. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, I don't see CD being released until probably August or September. I hope I'm wrong of course, but I think September sounds far more realistic than July.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

For me any time is exciting to be a GNR fan. Tongue

possible a May single drop with a july release ( which would be unlikely but you never know). 

like others said before the Olympics would be one great scenario.

I haven't ever seen the torch relay getting so many media coverages.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »

The one major thing that changed between Axl's announcement of the March tentative date and now was the release of "In Rainbows" digitally.  I think it really opened up a lot of people's eyes at just how fast digital tracks can go up.  My guess is that we'll get a digital single around Memorial Day Weekend in May (to rock out the summer) and then a full release in November.  NIN, the Raconteurs, and now Green Day have put out/are putting out their albums digitally ridiculously quickly.  The Raconteurs turnaround was a week!   ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »

and  digital releases are not just on Tuesdays.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »

I think the real way the label will get its money back is through touring; I can't see anything else that can pull that much money in.  Digital singles are certainly a possibility (and a probability), but I doubt they'll pull a complete Radiohead... and the label would HAVE to put a fixed cost on the digital single, it has just cost way too much at this point to take chances.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »

My horse is a July release...

isn't that, perhaps, maybe, a bit too optimistic?  Tongue

Well...maybe...I just said because in July there's my birthday... Cheesy I don't really know anything about the timings...

BUT!

If the record has been already delivered to the label and they're negotiating for something...there's a possibility...

Anyway, I think that for a July release (I guess the latest tuesday which is... hmm... the 29th) in late May/early June we will know both tracklisting and cover art.

Knowing the GnR world, this is not possible.
ben9785
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2008, 01:44:44 AM »

I don't think there should be any problems with returns from the album. I think that OUT OF CURIOSITY alone there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of music fans all over the world who would be "interested" at the very least to hear new "Guns N Roses" music and "hear Axl's voice again". Music fans all over the world who might not have an interest in hard rock music in general, know about Axl, they know the voice, and with the right promotion and marketing strategy, people would be curious
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:41 AM »

I think the real way the label will get its money back is through touring; I can't see anything else that can pull that much money in.  Digital singles are certainly a possibility (and a probability), but I doubt they'll pull a complete Radiohead... and the label would HAVE to put a fixed cost on the digital single, it has just cost way too much at this point to take chances.

If that was true, then the widely known promise of additional albums worth of material would be the things to make the money, with CD becoming a loss-leader. I don't think that the label are in any danger of losing money with this album anyway.

I'd say that the issues at the moment would be the forementioned additional material and how they are to follow up the release of CD. In respect of the totals spent on CD, these additional tracks will have cost money to make, and would I'd assume be paid for from the advance towards the band, which would mean that the albums cost isn't as high as expected.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »

Not a chance.

And there goes the challenger...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »

Not a chance.

not with that attitude

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »

I don't think there should be any problems with returns from the album. I think that OUT OF CURIOSITY alone there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of music fans all over the world who would be "interested" at the very least to hear new "Guns N Roses" music and "hear Axl's voice again". Music fans all over the world who might not have an interest in hard rock music in general, know about Axl, they know the voice, and with the right promotion and marketing strategy, people would be curious

that's pretty optimistic Tongue ok
alot of fans of GnR from back in my day could care less what the guy does and were so turned off by his behavior during the illusions tour that they don't care if he ever makes another record

and I bet the residents of Philly, St. Louis, and all the other riot sites will be lining up to buy the album
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »

that's pretty optimistic Tongue ok
alot of fans of GnR from back in my day could care less what the guy does and were so turned off by his behavior during the illusions tour that they don't care if he ever makes another record

and I bet the residents of Philly, St. Louis, and all the other riot sites will be lining up to buy the album

arent you being pessimistic ,

judging by the amount of people that saw gnr in the last two years across the world,
If thats anything to go by,
then Chinese Democracy will be very successful...

And alot of those tours had 0 - to nothing promotion, and they played to hundreds of thousands of people....

alot of people are expecting this cd to be either very successful or not successful,
but we cant base the success of this record on anything, because nothing like this has ever been done before,
so why dont we all stay positive instead of feeding on the negativity that can be spread like wild fire eh?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: