Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 60655 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »

Good Staff Management. Is My Opinion.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2008, 04:17:45 PM »

so yet, there are delays more.
don't get me wrong. but I've known they would and All of you would.

but... what are they negotiating about.

I can think of the following

The album.
The way to launch it
the way to promote it
the way to bring Guns back in the world of rock where it belongs.
the way to communicate in a positive way about negative things (relating to robin... if he's out)
the way to make a new market.....

all these questions were answerd allready in 2006 when they had a big momentum and a huge hype to go with the flow (to say)

but! to keep things positive.
the management have done a lot of things other didnt and they kept us informed about informal stuff(thanks for that! and yeah I mean that)
they kept us updated on small things but also big things..compared to the last 10 years.

I just hope the right things will happen. and there will be more updates then  robin's robin,, Axl will share his dr.pepper with Buckethead.

I have faith.

THanks for the update!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »

If negotiations keep proceeding this well for few more months, things just might end up on launchpad soon!
 ok ok ok ok     ok

I hope the new management team do a good job for GN'R

I also hope that Guns don't suffer the same fate as Weezer who's album has leaked many weeks before release. Absolutely shocking.

They've done a good job so far, right?  After all, aren't they the ones who helped get the ball rolling towards an agreement on all the "outstanding issues"?

I hope they continue to do a good job!

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »

If negotiations keep proceeding this well for few more months, things just might end up on launchpad soon!
 ok ok ok ok     ok

I also hope that Guns don't suffer the same fate as Weezer who's album has leaked many weeks before release. Absolutely shocking.

They've done a good job so far, right?  After all, aren't they the ones who helped get the ball rolling towards an agreement on all the "outstanding issues"?

Ali

All reports concur with your first sentence.

And my opinion concurs with your second sentence.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

ok ok ok ok     ok

Ali

Excellent then.  Let's hope all the good work is kept up and GN'R can get down to the business of kicking ass and taking names around the world.

Ali
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »

The way to launch it
the way to promote it

One would think none of this stuff is among responsibilities of GNR&it's managers in any way.
The record label gets the majority of the Huh CD generates for a reason. Reasons listed above all firmly belong to label's ballpark, not band's. Their field, their responsibility, their job.
Atleast I can't imagine a single reason Anyone would want to negotiate about that Stuff with GNR, or why GNR would want to start doing label's work they know jack shit about.

Also, reason Labels exist is that they do this stuff extremely well when they want to. It's unlikely as hell that they
A) Don't have this stuff figured out allready.
or atleast
B) aren't in a position where they could give release date and pretty much start packing things up while finalizing their plans.
Actually wouldn't it be some sort of scandal and severe stain in Label's armor if Chinese Democracy had to sit in some bank vault just because a Record Label doesnt know how to market a record? It just doesn't sound likely.

Whatever these mythic  negotiations are, I can't see them having anything to do with marketing or releasing of CD.
If CD is in situation where Axl and label both agree that is is indeed 100% finished and sealed and ready for release(when it comes to actual material of it) I really can't think of lot of things Axl would want to, or had ability to, negoatiate.
Record is essentially Label's album after band turns it in aye?
Just my 2 cents etc etc.

I'm not suggesting that GNR was 100% mising from the info-chain when it comes to release and marketing of CD Wink
Just can't see Axl's and his manager's part in it being anything that would require several months of negotiations. Come on! Yalta conference took 7 days.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:00:00 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »

The way to launch it
the way to promote it

One would think none of this stuff concerns GNR in any way.
The record label gets the majority of the Huh CD generates for a reason. Reasons listed above all firmly belong to label's ballpark, not band's. Their field, their responsibility, their job.
Atleast I can't imagine a single reason Anyone would want to negotiate about that Stuff with GNR, or why GNR would want to start doing label's work they know jack shit about.

Also, reason Labels exist is that they do this stuff extremely well when they want to. It's unlikely as hell that they
A) Don't have this stuff figured out allready.
or atleast
B) aren't in a position where they could give release date and pretty much start packing things up while finalizing their plans.
Actually wouldn't it be some sort of scandal and severe stain in Label's armor if Chinese Democracy had to sit in some bank vault just because a Record Label doesnt know how to market a record? It just doesn't sound likely.

Whatever these mythic sounding "negotiations" are, I can't see them having anything to do with marketing or releasing of CD.
If CD is in situation where Axl and label both agree that is is indeed 100% finished and sealed and ready for release(when it comes to actual material of it) I really can't think of lot of things Axl would want to, or had ability to, negoatiate.
Record is essentially Label's album after band turns it in aye?
Just my 2 cents etc etc.

Certain terms of the record contract could be up for negotiation. It has been a very long time since an album was released by Guns N roses and because of that there could be many things both the band and the label could be working out. Regardless we all just want the album out and it doesnt matter what the band or anybody else says at this point because some fans will not be satisfied with anything till the band announces a release date and/or the album is finally out.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »

Some visionaries are saying that record companies will become a thing of the past during the next decade.

We live in different times now as to when the UYI albums were released.
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2008, 05:07:15 PM »

Certain terms of the record contract could be up for negotiation. It has been a very long time since an album was released by Guns N roses and because of that there could be many things both the band and the label could be working out.

Yeah I agree. It's easy to imagine it being either case of obscure complex as hell legal bulshit due to massive amount of time involved and people involved/ hired/fired
OR
a situation where both label and band dont agree about CD being 100% finished and ready for release.

Regardless we all just want the album out and it doesnt matter what the band or anybody else says at this point because some fans will not be satisfied with anything till the band announces a release date and/or the album is finally out.  smoking

Disagree. I think it's very, very odd we haven't gotten an official announcement about record being done.If it indeed is 100% done.
Fans would love such announcement.

They don't have to give a release date alongside with such announcement to please fans.  Just " CD is done.We handed it to label" from Axl.
Or "Cd is done. We got it fronm Axl." from label.

(And no, I don't count Sebastian Bachs "fuck yeah fucking cd is fucking done wooooooo MY BIG SUPPORT for fucking axl fuck yeah!!" an oficial credible announcement.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2008, 05:10:22 PM »

Some visionaries are saying that record companies will become a thing of the past during the next decade.

I agree, I think record companies as we know them today will be a thing of the past. But I do think they will find a way to evolve and still make money off artists. These companies will see where the ability to make cash is and exploit it or at least attempt to.  smoking

Certain terms of the record contract could be up for negotiation. It has been a very long time since an album was released by Guns N roses and because of that there could be many things both the band and the label could be working out.

Yeah I agree. It's easy to imagine it being either case of obscure complex as hell legal bulshit due to massive amount of time involved and people involved/ hired/fired
OR
a situation where both label and band dont agree about CD being 100% finished and ready for release.

Regardless we all just want the album out and it doesnt matter what the band or anybody else says at this point because some fans will not be satisfied with anything till the band announces a release date and/or the album is finally out.  smoking

Disagree. I think it's very, very odd we haven't gotten an official announcement about record being done.If it indeed is 100% done.
Fans would love such announcement.

They don't have to give a release date alongside with such announcement to please fans.  Just " CD is done.We handed it to label" from Axl.
Or "Cd is done. We got it fronm Axl." from label.

(And no, I don't count Sebastian Bachs "fuck yeah fucking cd is fucking done wooooooo MY BIG SUPPORT for fucking axl fuck yeah!!" an oficial credible announcement.

I disagree with that last part. Even if the band said the album is finished all you would hear next is bitching and bitching about why is the album finished with no release date.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »

Be that as it may, it doesn't concern GNR&CD that much does it?
 If/as long as GNR has a record contract the label has them by the balls regardles of wether  record labels as we know them have other leg in grave right?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:19:40 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »

So as long as Axl isn't planning on releasing an album until he's in his mid/late 50's, that could possibly have a 50/50 or so chance of being just Jim Dandy.

And there goes the challenger...
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »

All albums are leaked a few weeks before official release date, some even 2 months earlier......nothing shocking these days. And if GnR won't release it in some revolutionary way, it will be leaked too.

peace

*edit* everyone is quoting you suddenly, what's going on  hihi

This signature is very funny.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2008, 05:37:32 PM »

A few more months of negotiations?    crying  Why can't everyone just come to the table and crank all this out in a week?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »

All albums are leaked a few weeks before official release date, some even 2 months earlier......nothing shocking these days. And if GnR won't release it in some revolutionary way, it will be leaked too.

peace

Aye, I know that.

The Weezer album has leaked earlier though than it should have done.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

peace

Aye, I know that.

The Weezer album has leaked earlier though than it should have done.

Yeah.. It seams like big albums leaks easy..
If GnR`s album leaks within two weeks before release i think that would be a timeframe they must be aware of.
But if it leaks months or long before the release, that would be kind of sad.
I think a good way from making it not leak, is to do a proper promotour, before the release. Were they keep the record in theyr pockets, just like Tool did
with theyr 10 000days album.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »

ok ok ok ok     ok

Ali

if negotiations keep proceeding for even more months (and not weeks), i don't think, that they are going so well. you can build a new government quicker than that.
if we really speak about months, i think we'll have to write our free dr. pepper off.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2008, 01:52:26 PM »

The only way to avoid getting it leaked prior to it going on sale is to release it online first and then release the physical album

There has never been a physical album in the current musical era that didn't leak before its due date.  Because once the album is pressed and starts getting shipped, it's inevitable that someone is going to get their hands on the physical thing and put it online

If they released the album digitally prior to shipping the physical release that would be a good way to ensure the album is available for sale before it gets leaked.  Of course as soon as it goes on sale it will become available for free, but at least this would mean the album is available in its entirety for purchase as opposed to having it floating around for free two weeks prior to release with no option to buy it
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »

Dammit all to hell.  Why let the damn thing leak in the first place?  Make people pony up ten bucks a pop to get their names on the list. 

Once the magic number is hit, only those folks get the album.  Yes, of course once folks receive it, it will have leaked, but by that point the record company makes their profit and everybody is happy. 

Throw in random chances to get autographed copies...One in every 1000 albums is autographed by Axl himself or has free concert ticket packs...the other 999 can be signed by the hundreds of rumored musical collaborators in on the Chinese Democracy Experience!
 hihi

Be creative GNR marketers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

btw, any big summer or fall movie blockbusters we can start rumors of a new Guns song being included on a soundtrack???  It's tradition here in GNR Fan-Land!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2008, 01:36:36 PM »

my local radio station just finished playing Chinese Democracy so maybe were getting the album soon then we thought  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: