Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jesus Christ!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Christ!  (Read 5794 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 05:57:06 PM »

While I'm not disputing what you and Norway wrote (both are well written posts), you need to differentiate between Devil Worship in the Christian sense and devil worship - meaning the worship of some sort of representation of an "evil" deity.

Thing is you can't really separate them. No doubt, a lot of pagan rituals involved inhumane acts, but it is the demonetization from the church that has directed and tainted the focus with unnecessary evil connotations. There are also a lot of good, healthy paganism, but since it encourages independence not submission they are promptly put in the evil sack.

No doubt there would still be incidents like this. We have a dirty history which will invariably influence people when in certain emotional states and situations, but that has got little to do with the false concept our religions have imposed on us.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »

While I'm not disputing what you and Norway wrote (both are well written posts), you need to differentiate between Devil Worship in the Christian sense and devil worship - meaning the worship of some sort of representation of an "evil" deity.

Thing is you can't really separate them. No doubt, a lot of pagan rituals involved inhumane acts, but it is the demonetization from the church that has directed and tainted the focus with unnecessary evil connotations. There are also a lot of good, healthy paganism, but since it encourages independence not submission they are promptly put in the evil sack.

No doubt there would still be incidents like this. We have a dirty history which will invariably influence people when in certain emotional states and situations, but that has got little to do with the false concept our religions have imposed on us.

I think you're preaching to the choir.   I'm not suggesting that paganism = devil worship.  Absolutely not the case.

Simply that I don't believe that we can conclude that even though pre-Christianity religions had their "evil" figures in them, nobody worshipped them.  There are examples of that happening in other religions.  Christianity popularized "Devil Worship", no doubt about that.  But prior to Christianity there were other perceived "dark forces" and I think it's a stretch to suggest that these forces were never worshipped.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 06:36:19 PM »

is it some sort of new age serial killer?

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: