Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses/Tesla Alt-History Fan-Fic
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses/Tesla Alt-History Fan-Fic  (Read 4725 times)
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« on: April 18, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »

I know... this sounds goofy... but I read something like this a while ago and thought I could do better. Also, I am basing this in some ways off of M?tley Cr?e's replacement of Vince Neil with John Corabi when Neil left Cr?e for a while... except the persons and bands in this case are Axl Rose and Jeff Keith respectively and Guns N' Roses and Tesla. Tongue

1994: Shortly after the recording of 'Sympathy For The Devil' for the Interview With The Vampire soundtrack, due to differing ideas and clashes of personality Axl walks away from Guns N' Roses for a while informing that he'll be back when he's done figuring out "all the fucked up things [he's] got to deal with"

Late 1994: Guns N' Roses now without a singer return to the studio and attempt to put together a follow-up album, which goes nowhere at first. Slash sitting in an airport is inspired by a comment while sitting in an airport, returns to Guns N' Roses and deliveres his ideas all members begin recording material for new album.

Early 1995: While searching for a singer, it is revealed by management and friends of Guns N' Roses that Tesla has decided to go on hiatus and that if possible singer Jeff Keith of Tesla would be a reasonable replacement for the time being.

1995: After talking with Jeff in person, Jeff Keith winds up filling in for Axl while Guns N' Roses go on hiatus, Axl enlists in therapy sessions due to his depression and other issues stemming from the divorce of his wife, Stephanie Seymour.

Members of Guns N' Roses love Keith's performances on select GN'R songs from previous albums and record 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere' (originally recorded by Slash's Snakepit in 1995) which goes multi-platinum.

1996: Axl, after seeing a therapist and successfully battling his depression after his divorce with Stephanie Seymour goes back to GN'R but learns of Keith's role as the band's new singer, and rather than reclaim his former position as the band's front man he walks away dismayed, believing Keith to be his permanent replacement.

Late 1996: While soul searching and looking to form a new band, he learns that Tesla are now searching for a new frontman and goes to test his luck. Axl meets up with the members of the now Keith-less Tesla, him and the band hit it off and Axl joins Tesla.

1997-2000: Guns N' Roses now fronted by Jeff Keith, and Tesla now fronted by Axl Rose record their respective albums all of which hit the top of the Billboard charts upon their respective releases.

2001: Later the two bands agree to co-headline a North American tour. Guns N' Roses now fronted by Jeff Keith, and the Axl Rose fronted Tesla meet on stage during a concert when Tesla opens for Guns N' Roses, Axl's former bandmates seeing that Axl has beat his depression, hint at him rejoining GN'R at an after concert party... Axl accepts.

2002-2007: Guns N' Roses now reunited release two more albums followed respectively by their world tours in support of the albums.

2008: Guns N' Roses release new album titled 'Chinese Democracy' which dominates the charts.

2008-20?? All is well in the world of rock music.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:16:48 PM by 14 Years Estranged » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »

What in the hell did I just read?  I do like Jeff Keith though.
lost in the garden
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »

A young Axl probably could have tore through 'Modern Day Cowboy' with some serious intensity Grin
McDuff
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:10:19 AM »

um,that was interesting,but yeah GN'R and Tesla were/are 2 of my favorite bands. smoking
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »

Haha, an interesting idea  for sure:D

..Why stuff like this is dead horsed, I have no idea:o  Certainly a fresh topic.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: