Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Music Industry
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Music Industry  (Read 1322 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« on: May 10, 2008, 12:27:21 AM »

This is not about the band but could easily apply to them.

I had lunch with a friend who works for a label.  He was telling me a lot about how the industry is changing.  As everyone knows...albums are not selling like they used to.  Labels have been forced to cut their rosters in order to increase their chances at selling their product.  That, I think we're all aware of.  But it's not just the amount of artists on a label that's becoming an issue...it's also release dates.

Recently, song placement in TVs and movies has been a huge promotion tool.  Because of this, labels are now scheduling releases during times when new programming is on.  At one time, summer was a big time to push music...especially with hot summer singles.  But now, labels are shying away from major releases during the summer because it's much harder to promote them.  The big June releases like Weezer, Coldplay, offspring, Lil Wayne, and Missy Elliot...all have songs out now...a full 2 months in advance.  The hopes is to get them on TV for some of the new shows before they go off the air.

If anyone watches MTV, you can see how important this is when watching their shows.  Now, while the show is playing, at the bottom of the screen it lists the songs being played in the background.

Anyway...thought that was interesting.  And if you look at the release schedule for July and August...the only big release is The Game.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: