Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Mockingbird ST / Perfect 10 bitch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mockingbird ST / Perfect 10 bitch  (Read 3685 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« on: May 14, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

Hi guys. I'm Thinking about getting one of those guitars.
I already have a gibson les paul classic and no backup guitar (I tell you this as a parameter)

I've heard lots of good and bad comments about both of those guitars, but here in Argentina music stores doesn't have them in stock so I cannot try them before deciding.

The most important thing I want to know is how does the fretboard feel. Maybe if some of you tried them or can try them for me and tell me about the neck feel, maybe give me some parameter such as another guitar (I can try any model of ibanez, gibson, fender) with similar playability...

The point is, I want to make YOU try it and tell me how cool/bad is the guitar, and how comfortable is the neck.

Thank you very very VERY much.

peace

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:23:55 AM »

Man, you and I have the same problem. No way to try out equipment, read specs and online reviews, order the guitar and hope for the best. I should head out west...

Fuck 'Em All.
Johnny Rattlesnake
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »

The one bad thing about some Mockingbirds is that they are 'Neck Heavy". Meaning, when you let go of the neck, the headstock will start dropping  towards the floor. Very similar to the Gibson Thunderbird in that respect.

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:01:13 AM »

This can often be remedied by moving the strap button to where the neck joins the body. I'm not overly familiar with those two models, but it works for SGs and LP Jrs and the like. Moving the strap button is not without its problems, though. Most straplocks are out of the question and it can affect upper fret access.

In most cases, a good strap with a good grip (ie suede backing) will solve the problem.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »

my freind just bought a mockingbird....dunno if its an ST though but i can ask him what he thinks of it if you'd like ok

when he ordered it BCRich made it for him and he had to wait 3 months or something to get it

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:43:35 AM »

Slash plays a Mockingbird....can't be a bad geetar....although i suppose it depends on the model in the range. The ST's look really good to me, but it might be all looks and no playability for all i know!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »

yeah my freind has this exact guitar mockingbird ST...its a beauty and it feels really great to play

he loves it, said its the best guitar he's ever owned the balance is amazing and he said he can bottom out the floyd rose and it never goes out of tune...he recommends it  ok

Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 06:28:54 PM »

yeah my freind has this exact guitar mockingbird ST...its a beauty and it feels really great to play

he loves it, said its the best guitar he's ever owned the balance is amazing and he said he can bottom out the floyd rose and it never goes out of tune...he recommends it  ok

OMG that's so cool news ! ! thank you !

check pm please  Grin

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »

so what did you decide to go with?  Cheesy

or are you still waiting?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: