Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag  (Read 36055 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »

If you give a photo of rednecks abroad ... it would be much appreciated.

Most of the turds who fly the flag, have absolutely no cognizance of it's relevance.

For that reason, the true Southern People have given up the "Southern Cross" for the "Stars and Bars".

It was the true flag of independence.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »

Here in Finland we (HIFK-fans) are actually using the flag to support our team, back in the old days it was like the second "logo" for HIFK. These days it's pretty rare in our games though. But hey, it fits our colours and it has a couple of stars on it and we're from the south so..

http://www.b2reds.com/kuvat/jokeritifk200107/364941256_f8cee0fad1_o.jpg

We do know what it stands for, or what some people think it stands for.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »

Here in Finland we (HIFK-fans) are actually using the flag to support our team, back in the old days it was like the second "logo" for HIFK. These days it's pretty rare in our games though. But hey, it fits our colours and it has a couple of stars on it and we're from the south so..

http://www.b2reds.com/kuvat/jokeritifk200107/364941256_f8cee0fad1_o.jpg

Thus always to tyrants ...

muerto tyranos

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »

SOME people who go around with those flags are prejudice dickwads, but not all of them.   I've known a few people who fly that flag and have no problems with blacks.   you can't lump every single person who flys that flag in that category. 

From experience in the South I most certainly can, yes.

Florida isn't the south.  Its just Southern New York/ New Jersey with just a few red necks sprinkled among them.

Listen, the flag to many represents hate.  To others, it is a pride thing or whatever.  And the Civil War wasn't about slavery either.  That was a side bar.  The North and South fought over money.  And man for man, the South beat the fuck out of the north with their superior generals.  But they had less men and money in the end.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »

It is a symbol of Rebel and our boy Axl even used to hang the confederate flag.  Its just the flag of the rebel yell.  Just good old country boys wave that shit.  I think its lame, but it doesn't have shit to do with blacks really.  They just love being country and going muddin and hunting and shit like that.  Fuck, look at the dukes of hazard.  They had it on the general lee.

Remember, there were slaves in the north as well.  Its not a southern only thing.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »

It is a symbol of Rebel and our boy Axl even used to hang the confederate flag.  Its just the flag of the rebel yell.  Just good old country boys wave that shit.  I think its lame, but it doesn't have shit to do with blacks really.  They just love being country and going muddin and hunting and shit like that.  Fuck, look at the dukes of hazard.  They had it on the general lee.

Remember, there were slaves in the north as well.  Its not a southern only thing.

That about sums it up best....I think people are making way to big a deal about this, theres WAY more importat issues to worry about.

Axl is God.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

Flying the confederate flag always seems to stir up some kind of trouble.  Which always makes me wonder if stirring up trouble was the flag wavers motive all along. It comes off as some kind of cry for attention, even if it's bad attention.  I'm from Virginia and don't really get into all this Southern heritage bullshit.  The Civil War was 143 fuckin years ago.  And, uh.....we lost.   Huh

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »

Flying the confederate flag always seems to stir up some kind of trouble.  Which always makes me wonder if stirring up trouble was the flag wavers motive all along. It comes off as some kind of cry for attention, even if it's bad attention.

not always, take a look at this dude's website
http://rebelwithaclue.com/
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »

In the south there is no doubt about what is stands for.

Florida isn't the south.  Its just Southern New York/ New Jersey with just a few red necks sprinkled among them.

Please, I don't need a lesson on where I've lived for 22 yrs. When I moved down here it was the south, filled with stupid rednecks and trailers. It's why you don't see as many flags these days, until you get to the more rural parts of the state, usually in the center.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:51:37 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

Flying the confederate flag always seems to stir up some kind of trouble.  Which always makes me wonder if stirring up trouble was the flag wavers motive all along. It comes off as some kind of cry for attention, even if it's bad attention.

not always, take a look at this dude's website
http://rebelwithaclue.com/

That guy isn't promoting hate or intolerance and I don't think everyone who waves the flag is.  But....what makes people so adamant about promoting an irrelevant symbol when it stirs up so much shit?  Did they have ancestors that died in the Civil War?  Do they know that or just assume it? Their answers always seem to be so vague. They should explain themselves beyond just "southern heritage."  Then it may not be such a big deal.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »

Please, I don't need a lesson on where I've lived for 22 yrs. When I moved down here it was the south, filled with stupid rednecks and trailers. It's why you don't see as many flags these days, until you get to the more rural parts of the state, usually in the center.

Florida Pan handle to Jacksonville including Orlando and Gainsville, South... Below Orlando, New York and New Jersey.  Better?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »

That flag represents hate and nothing more.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

Florida Pan handle to Jacksonville including Orlando and Gainsville, South... Below Orlando, New York and New Jersey.  Better?

I'm not arguing that, and that's why you don't see that many rebel flags from Tampa down to the Keys. But like I said, when I moved down here, it was much more hillbilly redneck with Rebel flags all over the place.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »

That flag represents hate and nothing more.

Well, I'm pretty sure i'v been to many shows and saw that flag onstage. I highly doubt Kid Rock is a racist, ya know, the drummer being black and all. I also highly doubt Skynard are a bunch of rasists. It may represent hate to you, but to others it's siply a rebel flag. Hell, when I was in Gettysburg, they sold them in giftshops. And that was in a northern state. Like I said, theres plenty more to worry about right now in this world than a flag.

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »

No need for the racial slurs people.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:21 PM »

With the exception of Orlando and the Orange County area, I agree about the middle of Florida.  Where you live is certainly more "north like" than "southern" though (now).

I was at the Columbia Restaurant last weekend and it seemed very non-redneckish.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 05:58:20 PM by Perfect Criminal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 06:01:22 PM »

I think its a double standard and further proof of our rights eroding away.

I don't support the confederate flag, but I dont understand if someone does,why they are punished for their beliefs.

I feel we are slowly but surely getting away from democracy and everything is being dictated based on what you are "Suppose" to believe.

Its the same double standard that if there is a black rally, everyone supports it but a KKK rally people riot and protest and throw rocks.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the majority thinks of it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »

I was at the Columbia Restaurant last weekend and it seemed very non-redneckish.

There are plenty of NYers here now, my uncle Pete is moving down from NY right now, just bought a house. But that wasn't my point. My point was when I moved her years ago (1982) there were Rebel flags galore, and the people that had them were all ignorant rednecks who referred to blacks as niggers. Those days are gone, and you rarely see rebel flags anymore, it is very rare. If you do, you have to venture to rural areas, usually towards the middle of the state. They still sell rebel flags, rebel flag hats, and hatpins, right next to other hats full of racial slurs, and white supremacist garbage. One I remember in particular said "The real boyz in the hood" complete with KKK logo/hood as the picture on the hat. I see shit like that all over rural Florida still, being sold at gas stations and convenient stores.

Which Columbia? In Ybor?

I think its a double standard and further proof of our rights eroding away.

I don't support the confederate flag, but I dont understand if someone does,why they are punished for their beliefs.

I feel we are slowly but surely getting away from democracy and everything is being dictated based on what you are "Suppose" to believe.

Its the same double standard that if there is a black rally, everyone supports it but a KKK rally people riot and protest and throw rocks.

Everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe regardless of what the majority thinks of it.

In public school system, your Constitutional rights are second tier to their rules, no matter how idiotic or backasswards. Public school and the state of Utah.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:16:25 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:37 PM »

Not letting kids graduate for a flag to me is wrong. Now if they were in the parking lot shouting racial slurs etc, then yeah, thats a whole nother ballgame. I just wonder about people who automatically see a rebel flag as a racist piece of propaganda. sometimes it just means u are a rebel and are against the norm.

I think it has evolved as a symbol from the confederacy.

I never looked at the rebel flag as a symbol meaning "we hate minorities"

to me is an Anti-establishment symbol meaning we arent taking your bullshit rules.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

I came to Florida in 82 and at that time it was still very Redneck and extremely prejudice. Everybody I knew who had a rebel flag in their pickup used the word nigger, spit tobacco and was illiterate. To me that flag represents stupidity, ignorance the hate.

You mean things have changed?

Remind me to tell you about my experience in Jacksonville a few years back.

That flag is offensive, I don't care what you try to say it means.  I highly doubt these kids decided to display them RIGHT NOW as part of embracing their Southern heritage.

Roll Eyes<---This is me seriously rolling my eyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: